Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2012, 05:52 AM   #11
preppypyro
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadHahn View Post
30 years ago I went to a garage sale. As I was walking up the driveway a guy was wheeling out what looked to be a pristine Whizzer. As he was going by I asked what he paid for it. $20 he said. When I'm not kicking myself for not being just a bit earlier to the sale I tell myself he was just BSing me on the price.

Chad
Wow could you imagine, 20 bucks? IF the guy wasnt BS'n you, that was a steal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray h View Post
I've ridden a Whizzer amny times.
It was my dad's, he bought it new when he was 14 and I rode it when I was around 12. Restoring it became a project that he and I worked at together in our spare time until my parents got divorced and he left with it. I was talking to him a few years ago and asking him whatever happened to the Whizzer and a few other things I remember fondly growing up (including a numbers matching 9mm German Luger that I was in love with). He told me that he got mad after the divorce and just liquidated everything. What a shame, I hope whoever got the Whizzer finished the resto and is enjoying it.
Very cool story! Ive never ridden this one yet as it needs to be completly gone through before I try and start it. The tank on mine was mint (besides the paint) but my uncle that owned it (rip) didnt take very good care of it, left it in a shed that was so rotten it fell down. He liked collecting stuff more then taking care of the stuff he collected.

Were they fun to ride?
preppypyro is offline   Reply With Quote