Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 249 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 06:29 AM   #3331
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwboomer View Post
so from what I can tell, Type 59's are like assholes. everyone's got one, and I can't penetrate em from the front.

it's getting old.
Load a couple of gold(bought with silver) rounds just for them if you are running a lower tier than them. They never expect it and do dumb stuff because they think you can't pen them from the front.
SkidMarx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:37 AM   #3332
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
Load a couple of gold(bought with silver) rounds just for them if you are running a lower tier than them. They never expect it and do dumb stuff because they think you can't pen them from the front.
I tracked on 5 times in a row with no damage with gold rounds from my E-75 from the side. I hate Type 59s. Them and TDs are the only reasion I have gold rounds on my Tiger 2

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:54 AM   #3333
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post

I'll give it a shot. that would make my 25/2 a money loser instead of barely breaking even

worth it.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:08 AM   #3334
wizze
Wizze = Wise

Oddometer: 903
I can't believe I JUST NOW found this thread!

Anyway, I hated T59's so much I bought one. It's fun watching shells bounce off. My two faves are the M22 and StugIII with the long 7.5cm. That thing is a sniper rifle.
2005 BMW R1200RT
Is that it?
wizze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:10 AM   #3335
vwboomer
Buffoon

furthermore, I have an uncanny knack for going whichever way the entire enemy team is going
Old 11-21-2012, 07:14 AM   #3336
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,583
I have found that one of the enjoyable things about owning a Patton is that I can run down and pen Type 59's. I dislike them too. If they are on the Opfor, they will be my primary target I've rammed a few and killed them. But for historical accuracy, they should only really be running for 50% of the game and something should break rendering them useless.

I also like dropping 155's on them.

I went through my depot last night. Sold off all my extra stuff and made about 300k
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:40 AM   #3337
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,292
I never realized how much trouble 59's still presented for some folks. I don't consider them that OP compared to other tier 8 mediums... they're just on-par with them. Of course they are making the owners money right now, so nearly every 59 in the game is running gold rounds... but if you have the penetration of any upgraded tier 7 you should be OK with penning them without gold rounds.

The hit zone skins take the mystery out of what you seem to be having problems with. Take a good look at this pic - it seems to use the same hitzone skins I am currently using (after nearly a year of not using them, but then newer tanks were introduced).

That area on the right side of the front (our left) is easy to pen. Shooting other parts of the front aren't. But if you're in a face to face situation with any space in between you, it's easy to hit. For true face-to-face I shoot the commander's cupola.
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #3338
vwboomer
Buffoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
I never realized how much trouble 59's still presented for some folks. I don't consider them that OP compared to other tier 8 mediums... they're just on-par with them. Of course they are making the owners money right now, so nearly every 59 in the game is running gold rounds... but if you have the penetration of any upgraded tier 7 you should be OK with penning them without gold rounds.

The hit zone skins take the mystery out of what you seem to be having problems with. Take a good look at this pic - it seems to use the same hitzone skins I am currently using (after nearly a year of not using them, but then newer tanks were introduced).

That area on the right side of the front (our left) is easy to pen. Shooting other parts of the front aren't. But if you're in a face to face situation with any space in between you, it's easy to hit. For true face-to-face I shoot the commander's cupola.
I don't have much upgrade on my 25/2. the numbers don't add up. a couple MM extra pen, 0mm more turret armor or rotation am I missing something with these numbers?

What hitzone skins you using?
Old 11-21-2012, 10:23 AM   #3339
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,292
Quote:
I don't have much upgrade on my 25/2. the numbers don't add up. a couple MM extra pen, 0mm more turret armor or rotation am I missing something with these numbers?

Upgraded turrets usually decrease reload time (turrets seem to have stats that aren't listed, like boosts to reload and tank speed), which is more damage per minute for you. There was even one American TD that people were swearing accelerated better with the upgraded turret (even though it was heavier), so don't skip turrets unless the upgraded gun is available first - but then get the turret later anyway.

I can't recall the name of those skins, but they seem to be the only ones out there at the moment.

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 11-21-2012 at 12:44 PM
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:26 AM   #3340
papalobster
With Gusto!

Quote:
http://wot-shot.com/zone_penetration_of_the_tank/
Old 11-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #3341
vwboomer
Buffoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post

yeah I think those are what I have. it shows pretty much nothing on the front of the 59 if I recall. Will keep an eye out next battle.

the upgraded turret is needed for the tier 8 gun on the 25/2.

stats for current t6 turret vs upgrade (which costs 7500xp). stock armor 76/25/25 traverse 18 view range 380 weight 4800
upgrade t8 76/25/25 traverse 18 view range 380 weight 5500

gun T7 90mm 7.79 rpm 160/243/45 damage 240/240/320 accuracy .35-.36 1.7 aiming time weight 2050

upgrade t8 90mm 170/258/45 all other specs the same

24k xp for the two upgrades. Apparently the upgraded turret is enclosed rather than open.

most tanks have shown a clear advantage to upgrading..
Old 11-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #3342
papalobster
With Gusto!

Sounds similar to the "upgraded" M36 turret. I opted to not upgrade the turret and keep on grinding to the T25
Old 11-21-2012, 01:22 PM   #3343
SteelJM1
Undercover KTM rider

Oddometer: 1,430
its been a few months since i played last... notcied my gold-paid camo is gone. What gives?
SteelJM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:49 PM   #3344
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 6,690
http://wot-shot.com/female-crew/

Old 11-21-2012, 03:52 PM   #3345
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelJM1 View Post
its been a few months since i played last... notcied my gold-paid camo is gone. What gives?
They reworked the camo system, and refunded any gold you paid back to your account.

New system lets you choose a season (summer, winter, desert) of camo, which only appears in those maps, and adds 5% real camo benefit to your tank if you draw the appropriate map. The alternative is to buy all 3 seasons (which I've done on my money-making Churchill) so no matter what, you have a benefit.

I believe this was an 8.0 upgrade.
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: