ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #1681
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Oddometer: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
Bubwheat is not too busy currently. The bridge would probably be safe while he is away. He could not do any worse than the last couple of HC's the Vols had and probably better. He does not have star status,other than here, so they could pay the players more.

I think Bubwheat for UTenn makes a lot of sense. Major plus, he already irritates SEC people, so it would make for instant major rivalries.
Yup, Bubwheat has plenty of time, but ol' Bubwheat vowed to never go east of the Mississippi River once retired. Bubwheat be liking the west, and wide open vistas!

But hey, thanks for the vote of confidence!
Bubwheat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:15 AM   #1682
bergermeister
housin'
 
bergermeister's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: oc, ca
Oddometer: 1,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDill View Post
I was disputing the likelihood of success. I believe you as to the attempt.

I stand by Tennessee being delusional.
Right. I hope Mora doesn't pull a Kiffin and chase the money.
bergermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #1683
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
NativeSon's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Frisco, Co/Fort Lauderdale, FL
Oddometer: 6,761
Go to hell Florida State.
NativeSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:32 AM   #1684
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL
 
ScottDill's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ontario
Oddometer: 4,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon View Post
Go to hell Florida State.
x2
ScottDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:51 AM   #1685
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
NativeSon's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Frisco, Co/Fort Lauderdale, FL
Oddometer: 6,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDill View Post
x2
If Florida loses this game, I WILL BE INCONSOLABLE. F. THAT DAMN CLOWN COLLEGE AND THEIR OVERRATED TEAM. I wish the game was in Gainesville. It might be fun to stick our boot up their ass in Doak Campbell though.

How do you get to Tallahassee from Gainesville? North till you smell it, West till you step in it.

I hate Florida State so much, I refuse to drive on I10 just so I don't have to drive through that god forsaken place.

When I was 17, my father told me this: he said his first choice was Florida. His second choice was any out of state school I wanted. Third choice was Florida State. The only school that I was permabanned from was Miami. Don't get me started on them.

The irony of the damn 8 point spread is that NOBODY IN TALLAHASSEE CAN COUNT THAT DAMN HIGH.

FLORIDA STATE REPRESENTS ALL THAT IS EVIL WITH THE WORLD. KIM JONG IL? FSU BOOSTER.

i HATE THE ATLANTA BRAVES JUST BECAUSE FSU COPIED THEIR WARCHANT AND TOMAHAWK THING. i HEAR THAT MORONIC CHANT AND GET NAUSEATED.

wHAT DO EVERY fLORIDA STATE AND FLORIDA STUDENT HAVE IN COMMON? THEY BOTH GOT INTO FLORIDA STATE.

WHY IS THERE NO NATIVITY SCENE IN tALLAHASSEE? yOU CAN'T FIND THREE WISE MEN AND A VIRGIN.

EDIT: I WOULD RATHER BE RELATED TO BUBWHEAT THAN BE A FSU FAN.
NativeSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:05 AM   #1686
h2o_snow
Water, snow & dirt too.
 
h2o_snow's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: North of Boise-vegas, ID
Oddometer: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon View Post
If Florida loses this game, I WILL BE INCONSOLABLE. F. THAT DAMN CLOWN COLLEGE AND THEIR OVERRATED TEAM. I wish the game was in Gainesville. It might be fun to stick our boot up their ass in Doak Campbell though.

How do you get to Tallahassee from Gainesville? North till you smell it, West till you step in it.

I hate Florida State so much, I refuse to drive on I10 just so I don't have to drive through that god forsaken place.

When I was 17, my father told me this: he said his first choice was Florida. His second choice was any out of state school I wanted. Third choice was Florida State. The only school that I was permabanned from was Miami. Don't get me started on them.

The irony of the damn 8 point spread is that NOBODY IN TALLAHASSEE CAN COUNT THAT DAMN HIGH.

FLORIDA STATE REPRESENTS ALL THAT IS EVIL WITH THE WORLD. KIM JONG IL? FSU BOOSTER.

i HATE THE ATLANTA BRAVES JUST BECAUSE FSU COPIED THEIR WARCHANT AND TOMAHAWK THING. i HEAR THAT MORONIC CHANT AND GET NAUSEATED.

wHAT DO EVERY fLORIDA STATE AND FLORIDA STUDENT HAVE IN COMMON? THEY BOTH GOT INTO FLORIDA STATE.

WHY IS THERE NO NATIVITY SCENE IN tALLAHASSEE? yOU CAN'T FIND THREE WISE MEN AND A VIRGIN.

EDIT: I WOULD RATHER BE RELATED TO BUBWHEAT THAN BE A FSU FAN.
So, how do you really feel?
__________________
06 TE 610; 98 DR 650 - Sold: a past pleasure
02 XT225 - Wifey's ride
So I'm packing my bags for the Misty Mountains
Over the hills where the spirits fly,
I really don't know.
h2o_snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:10 AM   #1687
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
NativeSon's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Frisco, Co/Fort Lauderdale, FL
Oddometer: 6,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2o_snow View Post
So, how do you really feel?
honestly, words cannot express my rage if we lose to Georgia and Florida State in the same year.
NativeSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #1688
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Oddometer: 1,414
Go Florida State!
Bubwheat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #1689
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL
 
ScottDill's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ontario
Oddometer: 4,043
Looks like Auburn may be able to save a lot on the Chizik buyout

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...201343758.html


..or maybe they get away with ANOTHER one.
ScottDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:34 PM   #1690
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL
 
ScottDill's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ontario
Oddometer: 4,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon View Post
If Florida loses this game, I WILL BE INCONSOLABLE. F. THAT DAMN CLOWN COLLEGE AND THEIR OVERRATED TEAM. I wish the game was in Gainesville. It might be fun to stick our boot up their ass in Doak Campbell though.

How do you get to Tallahassee from Gainesville? North till you smell it, West till you step in it.

I hate Florida State so much, I refuse to drive on I10 just so I don't have to drive through that god forsaken place.

When I was 17, my father told me this: he said his first choice was Florida. His second choice was any out of state school I wanted. Third choice was Florida State. The only school that I was permabanned from was Miami. Don't get me started on them.

The irony of the damn 8 point spread is that NOBODY IN TALLAHASSEE CAN COUNT THAT DAMN HIGH.

FLORIDA STATE REPRESENTS ALL THAT IS EVIL WITH THE WORLD. KIM JONG IL? FSU BOOSTER.

i HATE THE ATLANTA BRAVES JUST BECAUSE FSU COPIED THEIR WARCHANT AND TOMAHAWK THING. i HEAR THAT MORONIC CHANT AND GET NAUSEATED.

wHAT DO EVERY fLORIDA STATE AND FLORIDA STUDENT HAVE IN COMMON? THEY BOTH GOT INTO FLORIDA STATE.

WHY IS THERE NO NATIVITY SCENE IN tALLAHASSEE? yOU CAN'T FIND THREE WISE MEN AND A VIRGIN.

EDIT: I WOULD RATHER BE RELATED TO BUBWHEAT THAN BE A FSU FAN.

It's been a while, but this used to be the biggest game in the country almost every year. We even had two bowl game rematches...one of which led to UF's first MNC.

I'd like this game to be a big deal again, maybe this is the kick-off with both being top 10.

I'm spending Saturday on the couch. My rooting interests are these:


UF - Natch
Auburn - Not gonna happen...but it would be nice.
Georgia Tech - Then UGA can beat Bama and clear the way for UF
USCw - I'll hold my nose on this one.
ScottDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:04 PM   #1691
Linzi
Volvo Driving Soccer Mom
 
Linzi's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: Knoxville, TN
Oddometer: 15,415
I will not be able to watch the UF/FSU game with TC. He'll root for FSU, very vocally, and my blood pressure will be through the roof.

How did I end up with a Gator hater?
Linzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #1692
Linzi
Volvo Driving Soccer Mom
 
Linzi's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: Knoxville, TN
Oddometer: 15,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDill View Post
Georgia Tech - Then UGA can beat Bama and clear the way for UF
Good luck with that. ;)
Linzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #1693
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)
 
shrineclown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Bruins Nation
Oddometer: 9,534
what is

Auburns grief? I saw a headline, but did not read. Synopsis here? I am guessing the NCAA is investigating how you annihilate a program in less than a year.
__________________
Life is Good and Getting Better Every Day!
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:34 AM   #1694
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Upstate SC
Oddometer: 8,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDill View Post
Looks like Auburn may be able to save a lot on the Chizik buyout

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...201343758.html


..or maybe they get away with ANOTHER one.
Problem is, you get hit with scholly losses and no bowl games for a couple years and getting a good replacement coach becomes a problem.
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:39 AM   #1695
liquidsmile
Beastly Adventurer
 
liquidsmile's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Woodstock, Ga
Oddometer: 1,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
Auburns grief? I saw a headline, but did not read. Synopsis here? I am guessing the NCAA is investigating how you annihilate a program in less than a year.
Sounds like they are investigating their recruiting tactics. Sounds familiar.
liquidsmile is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014