1995 XR600R slight airbox mod and 650kit plated
luckyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:31 AM   #6257
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Club View Post
some people were talking about milling down steeringstems to fit xr's and what not, found another pic to the last one why one should not do that unless proskillz

Looks like a 650r with what front end?
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:04 AM   #6258
nikolic
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyjr View Post
1995 XR600R slight airbox mod and 650kit plated
Where da f**k is your airbox?
Old 11-21-2012, 09:40 PM   #6259
duxrneet
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 666
So I finally made a carb adapter for my FCR40, now I need some baseline jetting help. Can't find it on the Google Machine, can anyone here get me started? It's a stock 600, normal air filter, exhaust, so if anyone knows where to start, please give me a holler!
Old 11-22-2012, 02:21 AM   #6260
SlickSix
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by duxrneet View Post
So I finally made a carb adapter for my FCR40, now I need some baseline jetting help. Can't find it on the Google Machine, can anyone here get me started? It's a stock 600, normal air filter, exhaust, so if anyone knows where to start, please give me a holler!
I´m waiting on my FCR too and I´ve found a few tidbits here and there on jetting for the XR600/XR650.
This one has pretty good info and will put you on the right track

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/622...o-get-started/

I have a few more but that one pretty much takes you by the hand. The trial and error of some guys will pretty much eliminate most of your own guessing . If you follow some of the links, you´ll be set
SlickSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:23 AM   #6261
SlickSix
Gnarly Adventurer

By the way, please share your homemade adaptor for some ideias, if that´s ok
There´s no way I´ll fork out the money asked for a NOS adapter
Old 11-22-2012, 08:40 AM   #6262
luckyjr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
Air Box Be gone

[QUOTE=nikolic;20090541]Where da f**k is your air box? Those darn air boxes just get in the way. check the intake diameter?
luckyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #6263
nikolic
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 477
I'm waiting for FCR too, please do share the dimensions of adaptors you've made! Thumb up for jetting link ;)
Old 11-22-2012, 03:45 PM   #6264
Tachedoutoffroad
Mr. Parrish

Oddometer: 624
Picking up a clean, plated '96 on Sunday if all goes and planned

It has 50/50 tires and no bark busters????? Maybe it will be super clean when I get there
Support your local know-it-all gear guy and give your money to Brian at https://www.atomic-moto.com/
Tachedoutoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:46 PM   #6265
MentalGuru
Crazy Diamond

Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsalvadorklr View Post
jajaja thats some funny shhhhhttttttt...jejeje

us: yeah hey here is an old handlebar grip I have laying around

then comes cw: hey I have a nice dome high comp hrc piston I MADE for you guys

us: sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

secret santa!

Secret Santa does exist!!!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=836501

MentalGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:25 PM   #6266
Captain115
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 273
So my bike is apart at the moment (cleaning and fixing stuff up) and the previous owner gave me an after market choke plate that he never go round to installing so I thought I'd put it in and check the jets while I was there.

Since the choke lever was broken I was told it just took a bit more priming of the engine to get it going and it did seem to start fine. I bought a replacement lever and put the plate in (there was currently no choke plate in it) and noticed that the jets were currently #62 and #165. This seems really rich compared to stock yeah? Especially as it doesn't have an aftermarket pipe.

So my question is: would there be any point using the new choke, since it might just run way too rich and flood the motor?

Also should I decrease the jets so it's not running so rich? The plug was completely coated in carbon and looking at the piston through the sparkplug hole it seemed to be black too.

Extra info: has a 630cc kit but not sure how that would affect jetting that much surely?

Thanks,

John
Captain115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:09 AM   #6267
SlickSix
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain115 View Post
So my bike is apart at the moment (cleaning and fixing stuff up) and the previous owner gave me an after market choke plate that he never go round to installing so I thought I'd put it in and check the jets while I was there.

Since the choke lever was broken I was told it just took a bit more priming of the engine to get it going and it did seem to start fine. I bought a replacement lever and put the plate in (there was currently no choke plate in it) and noticed that the jets were currently #62 and #165. This seems really rich compared to stock yeah? Especially as it doesn't have an aftermarket pipe.

So my question is: would there be any point using the new choke, since it might just run way too rich and flood the motor?

Also should I decrease the jets so it's not running so rich? The plug was completely coated in carbon and looking at the piston through the sparkplug hole it seemed to be black too.

Extra info: has a 630cc kit but not sure how that would affect jetting that much surely?

Thanks,

John
That´s the stock jetting used in Europe, here in Portugal they came 62/165 from 91 up
Old 11-25-2012, 09:25 AM   #6268
IronSpadeCycles
Button Pusher

Oddometer: 216
Breaking up my 88 XR600R, well sort of...

Alright well I think I've decided to turn my 88 XR6 into a bitchen cafe racer. I will have a handful of OEM and aftermarket parts up for grabs if anyone needs them. I have an almost new IMS 4.0g transparent tank that has seen 3 tanks of fuel. I rode the bike 200 miles one weekend about 8 months ago, but since has just sat in the garage waiting for some needed carb work.

I think the parts I won't need any longer will be the OEM seat in fairly good shape, the almost new IMS tank, 88 OEM airbox with 24 years of normal scratches, 88 side covers in fairly good shape but modded for the IMS 4.0g tank and white fenders (front and rear are new 12 months ago but have 2 rides on them). Also the stock OEM headlight and number-plate with a hi/lo bulb conversion, 3 of the 4 rubber fork clamps are good, one is broken. I'm sure I'm forgetting something else, I'll know when I start to break it down in a couple weeks.

I will post an ad in the Flea Market over the next couple weeks with pictures. I just wanted to see if any of you guys need anything first. If so I'd be happy to make a package deal for a great price. I hate Ebay and would rather sell here first.

PM me if anyone wants or needs these parts. Talk soon, Travis

I'm a collector of fine crap!
IronSpadeCycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:05 AM   #6269
HeadTrauma
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oddometer: 1,260
I could use the IMS tank since mine is starting to crack(ethanol perhaps?), but I'm not sure I can spare the funds. I have an old Mustang that's getting new suspension, a disc brake conversion, and an EFI conversion right now. I knew it was expensive to play with cars before, but with the post-crash inflation.....
HeadTrauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:13 PM   #6270
elsalvadorklr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,076
hey dudes hows it going?

so Im having some issues lately

specifically hard starting and KICKBACK

I have gone back to the stock carb now thinking the flatslide was part of the problem and since I dint have enough jets to tune the pilot circuit I decided to try the stock carb again and once started it feels great, yes the bog is back off idle but I dont care that much aboyut that...

anywhoo

for those of you who have suffered kickback on almost every kick hot or cold how have you fixed it?

1. tight vaves= readjust and loosen them up a bit?
2. pilot jet circuit? lean out or richen up?
3. combination of these fixes or something else I can try?

the bike has become incredibly hard to start meaking me lean towards valves since BOTH carbs exhibit the same symptoms...

oem a little less...but still a nuissance

what say you?
elsalvadorklr is offline   Reply With Quote