User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #1456
OldManSandman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
going, going, g....

Futzing around with a small piece of ply in my carport ( which is gravel) while trying to line it up to get her on the centre stand. She started to go over (the opposite side I was on) and there was definitely a moment when i thought "Sheeit its going over". Managed to keep it upright and not completely strain my back. It was definitely hovering on the point of no return...
OldManSandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #1457
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,852
$75 shipped.
who has a 600???

Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
2000+ Bandit 600S parts for sale:
-new Fender extender
-excellent condition low mileage Progressive 420 rear shock

$190 shipped in the US. PM me
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #1458
GI_JO_NATHAN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
$75 shipped.
who has a 600???
Dang! That's a great deal.
Originally Posted by POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
GI_JO_NATHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:17 PM   #1459
OldManSandman
Adventurer

Question vacuum activated fuel delivery system

Fellas, if you've got the time to post up: I understand the B12 has a vacuum activated fuel delivery system. My searches have come up with little in regards to running it out of fuel. For winterizing, I've been told that I just stabilize fuel, put the fuel valve switch to ON, then drain the carbs with the Drain Screws only (Part 25 on Fuel System 4-7 in the GSF1200S manual - my bike's an '01). I can't seem to run it out of fuel after switching the valve to any of the three positions (or did I not run it long enough?). Forgive the confusion on my end, I admit I'm not much of a wrencher. Last bike was FI, and previous to that I was on 80's bikes and rode on an off in the winter anyway.

Thanks!
OldManSandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:14 AM   #1460
mikenj
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManSandman View Post
Fellas, if you've got the time to post up: I understand the B12 has a vacuum activated fuel delivery system. My searches have come up with little in regards to running it out of fuel. For winterizing, I've been told that I just stabilize fuel, put the fuel valve switch to ON, then drain the carbs with the Drain Screws only (Part 25 on Fuel System 4-7 in the GSF1200S manual - my bike's an '01). I can't seem to run it out of fuel after switching the valve to any of the three positions (or did I not run it long enough?). Forgive the confusion on my end, I admit I'm not much of a wrencher. Last bike was FI, and previous to that I was on 80's bikes and rode on an off in the winter anyway.

Thanks!
The Bandit petcock SHOULD not flow fuel in on or res when NOT running(know to leak).......either drain each bowl on the carbs or pull and plug the vac line going to the petcock and run it dry in on or res.
mikenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:14 AM   #1461
Utah Bones
Gas X ready!

Oddometer: 1,604
Anyone looking for a 01 Bandit 600 motor complete + wiring harness cheap? I also have a complete exhaust system to.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:06 AM   #1462
R0ssc0
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
HEL brake lines

Just got these in the mail the other day.

Can't wait to put'em on. Looks like a pretty straight-forward install.They do eliminate the union though, replacing it with a double banjo at the master.
2003 Suzuki Bandit GSF600s (Commuter rig)

R0ssc0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:41 AM   #1463
YJake
Roaming

Oddometer: 321
I have been eyeing those for several months now, let us know how the install goes and how they change the feel at the lever.

-Jake
Old 12-05-2012, 09:45 AM   #1464
oldschoolsk8ter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Whats everyone running for hardbags on the MK1 bandits?

This is my current set-up although this bike is completely torn apart again and getting repainted/powdercoated/ rebuilt

Trying to find out what options I have if any outside of making custom racks like these ones.

Taking a x-country trip in the spring and thinking I might want a little more room??? these are GIVI E21's MONOKEY
oldschoolsk8ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #1465
beeper
Badger tickler

Oddometer: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolsk8ter View Post

This is my current set-up although this bike is completely torn apart again and getting repainted/powdercoated/ rebuilt

Trying to find out what options I have if any outside of making custom racks like these ones.

Taking a x-country trip in the spring and thinking I might want a little more room??? these are GIVI E21's MONOKEY
Sorry, no help on the bags. But....

I'm looking to upgrade my forks, what have you done here?
beeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:34 PM   #1466
oldschoolsk8ter
Adventurer

Wicked

Those are gsxr1100 forks. Off of a 1992. You would need the following parts to do the conversion I swapped everything for about 500 including fresh fluids. By the time I sold my old bandit forks/fairingthat got replaced I about broke even.

Gsxr 1100 fork tubes
Gsxr 1100 top triple and lower triple clamps
Gsxr 1100 fender and mount.

Press out your bandit stem from your lower triple and then press that into the gsxr lower triple. I replaced all the bearings when I did it.

The bandit brakes,axle,front wheel are all re-useable and bolt right up. You can even re-use the cable speed indicator and spacer.

It is the most straight forward swap I could find.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #1467
gpounce
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolsk8ter View Post

I have a Gen2 Bandit 1200 w/ Givi E36 cases, the storage is nice but they make the bike pretty wide. I was dubious about the monokey system & thought the plastic cases weren't rigid enough OTOH I had a ~25 mph lowside in Oct (took a turn way to hard, grounded the right case & washed out- no-one else involved, rode home). Both bags stayed on, neither flopped open and sprayed my stuff over the intersection, even though the bike spun around a few times w/ the right case on the ground. Now a firm believer in Givi cases and Holeshot nerf bars- engine case never touched the ground; only bent the right side handlebar and wasted the rear brake lever & peg. The Givi case incurred some rash but the plastic handled it well, basically it shows the abrasion but there was no breakage.

As far as a long trip I think the big win is one of the 45L top cases, I did a 2k mile trip thru New England and back, I had my laptop, toiletries and 3 days worth of clothes packed in that, side cases w/ tools, raingear etc. If camping then I guess I'd go for some kind of tubular duffle bag sort of thing placed crossways in front of the rear case.
gpounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #1468
YJake
Roaming

Oddometer: 321
I have the monokey system and it works great for commuting. Sure does make the bike wide but half of the time I just run with the topcase for my lunch/rain gear.

-Jake
Old 12-08-2012, 08:52 PM   #1469
oldschoolsk8ter
Adventurer

I was looking at the E36 side bags but really like a top loader. How has the side loading been with the bandit? Does stuff fall out as soon as you open it?

I have a dry bag that I usually throw on top that serves as my "top case"
Old 12-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #1470
gpounce
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
I find the side loading annoying. The strap that came in mine was stretchy but it won't hold anything more substantial than folded up raingear on the downhill side; stuff just falls out around it and the cover restraint cord is nowhere near strong enough for anything more than a couple pounds when the case is open. I removed the elastic straps and replaced it with 5 small bungee cords inside both cases- sort of a cargo net- so at least all my tools and related junk stay in place. The side access is kinda OK on the uphill side because the stuff doesn't want to fall out when you open the case.

But I'd far rather have the top loading- I had top loading saddlebags on my cruiser- they were lots smaller but much nicer to pack and access. If I was buying new I'd go for the smaller 21 liter top opening cases- I got my full system (rack, both sides and topcase) for $300 off craigslist so I'm not complaining lol

gpounce screwed with this post 12-09-2012 at 10:46 AM
gpounce is offline   Reply With Quote