Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 04:38 AM   #136
Ulyses OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96ssportsp View Post
Sounds like you are having fun and being relatively safe.......now more about this space gravy story, I only got part of it second hand.

Ride safe, Scott.
haha! That space gravy kicked my ass! I'll write up the story tonight.

In other news, one of the guys I was riding with just met up with another guy from the states on a Multistrada.....you should come on down!
Ulyses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:36 AM   #137
robincx
Wherever u go, there u r

Oddometer: 106
Awesome report, so hooked. You're certainly harvesting some future memories. Cheers and good luck!
robincx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:21 AM   #138
NotAllWhoWanderRLost
Lost

Oddometer: 435
Thumb Great report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulyses View Post
haha! That space gravy kicked my ass! I'll write up the story tonight!

Sounds like fun! Thanks for taking the time to share your adventures, I'm enjoying the RR.
NotAllWhoWanderRLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #139
Mossy-Back
Wet-Sider

Oddometer: 1,512
Still keeping me entertained!
Ooh-Rah! Once a Marine, always a Marine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
figures...my stud was rusty I played with my nuts a little and it cranked right over
Mossy-Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #140
Ulyses OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robincx View Post
Awesome report, so hooked. You're certainly harvesting some future memories. Cheers and good luck!
Thanks!
Old 11-25-2012, 04:22 PM   #141
Ulyses OP
Studly Adventurer

Space Gravy

I’m going to Flashback to thanksgiving dinner for a minute…..

We decided to go to an expat owned restaurant in San Pedro for Thanksgiving Dinner. We showed up, grabbed a table and waited for the food to be served up. Before long, the owners had laid out a huge table with turkey, stuffing, potatoes, salad, and all the trimmings.

I got in line right away and ended up behind some British guy. We were chatting when the servers asked him what kind of gravy he wanted. I swear to god, I thought he said: “I’ll have the spicy gravy!” I found out later that that’s not what he said. But with the British accent, I totally misunderstood him.

I was all about getting some spicy gravy, so I had the server pour a liberal dose all over my turkey and potatoes. I went back to the table, cleaned my plate, and then went back for seconds like a good gluttonous American. For round two, I poured even more of the “spicy gravy” all over my food.

After slamming two huge plates of food, I was done! In addition to the meal, I had also consumed a liter of weak Guatemalan beer, a glass of wine, and a sip of mescal. So now I was stuffed; my stomach felt like it was going to explode.

After my epic food binge, I was sitting around the table with the group that I’ve been travelling with when they started commenting on the “Space Gravy” and how strong it was.

“Wait a tic! What’s Space Gravy?!”

“It’s gravy made with Marijauna.”

“Ohhhh sh****t!”

And that’s when I realized that the Brit in front of me hadn’t been asking for “Spicy Gravy”; he’d been asking for “Space Gravy”!

I’ve been a pretty straight laced guy my entire life. I’ve never had any kind of drug. Ever. So I now realized that I had consumed an unknown if fairly sizable amount of marijuana on top of a significant amount of alcohol.

We left the restaurant soon after, and I don’t remember much from there on out. I know I got a tuk-tuk back to my hotel. I know that I freaked out a little bit and woke up a few of the people that I was travelling with to ask them what the hell was happening to me. I know that Allison, one of the people that I was riding with, walked me around the streets of San Pedro for a while to calm me down.

I’m a little jumpy around explosions that I’m not expecting. I wasn’t in a lot of combat in Afghanistan, but I had RPG’s land within 20 feet of my truck one time, and I had machine gun bullets bouncing off the side and whizzing overhead a few times. However, the real kicker was that every day I would hear the sound of IED’s going off and immediately have to get on the radio and try and find out if any of our Marines had been hit. Eventually, I just got a little jumpy. Most of my Marines and peers had it much worse. But it still left an impression on me. Definitely some interesting memories. The sound of a distant explosion or the smell of burning trash immediately takes my mind back to Afghanistan.

The entire time we had been in San Pedro, kids were randomly setting off firecrackers. So now I’m walking down the street, high as a kite, and loud explosions start going off. The first few made me jump and cuss. But when another went off I immediately remembered when two of our Marines had been hit by an IED. We had them in the LZ waiting for the medevac bird, but they weren’t breathing and they didn’t have a pulse. After the bird picked them up we got a call back that one had died en route to Camp Leatherneck and the other was a alive but would probably be dead soon. I shed a few tears over that when it happened in real life. But after that firecracker went off, I was a bawling wreck.

I don’t remember much else after that. I know at one point I was sitting on a bench crying my eyes out when I realized that there was a Guatemalan lady standing in front of me asking if I was okay. At some point Allison took me back to my room and I fell asleep on my bed.

I woke up the next morning still high and with some serious pain in my chest. I pretty much felt like crap all day and didn’t really come down until that evening. I’ve still got some pain in my chest. I went to see a doctor yesterday and he said that my blood pressure was really high (150/100) due to all of the Marijuana in my system and that it would dissipate after a few days.

So, all in all, this was a rather scary episode for me. Unknowingly ingesting a serious quantity of Marijuana, having a pretty serious panic attack, and then dealing with what feels like the onset of a heart attack for the last few days.

I think I hate San Pedro now. I was hit by a rouge boat and almost killed, my computer decided to throw itself of a table and die, and my gravy was laced up with more weed than a Rastafarian garden. Ugh….I need a vacation from my vacation.

Anyways, back to the present.

We left San Pedro this morning and blasted up a really knarly road back to the Guatemalan Autopista....

Saw lots of Motorcycles….

And had a really fun time utilizing the passing lane…….

And now I’m in Antigua. Don’t really know where I’m going to go tomorrow. Thinking about heading up to Semuc Chempey.

Ulyses screwed with this post 11-25-2012 at 04:29 PM
Old 11-25-2012, 04:34 PM   #142
ShardPhoenix
Наглый ублюдок

Oddometer: 789
Really enjoying this RR. Subscribed.

/signed

Jealous dude sitting under the stupid clouds in Grants Pass.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #143
Mossy-Back
Wet-Sider

Wow... learn something new about gravy all the time!
Quote:
figures...my stud was rusty I played with my nuts a little and it cranked right over
Old 11-25-2012, 05:07 PM   #144
Ulyses OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShardPhoenix View Post
Really enjoying this RR. Subscribed.

/signed

Jealous dude sitting under the stupid clouds in Grants Pass.
Thanks man! How long have you lived in Grants Pass?
Old 11-25-2012, 05:42 PM   #145
ShardPhoenix
Наглый ублюдок

Lived in Grants Pass for about two years now, and prior to that spent two years living outside of *shudder* Cave Junction.

Been in Southern Oregon since I got out of the Navy in 2008.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:43 PM   #146
Ulyses OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShardPhoenix View Post
Lived in Grants Pass for about two years now, and prior to that spent two years living outside of *shudder* Cave Junction.

Been in Southern Oregon since I got out of the Navy in 2008.
Excellent! I passed through Cave Junction on my first day.

What did you do in the Navy?
Old 11-25-2012, 06:44 PM   #147
Ulyses OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Falcon View Post
Wow... learn something new about gravy all the time!
Yeah, I don't think I'll ever eat gravy again. Hell, I might not ever eat thanksgiving dinner again.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #148
Mossy-Back
Wet-Sider

Quote:

Gave us Marines a ride, of course! MARINE just stands for "My Ass Rides In Navy Equipment". Just like ARMY stands for "Ain't Ready for the Marines Yet".

Quote:
Yeah, I don't think I'll ever eat gravy again. Hell, I might not ever eat thanksgiving dinner again.
I don't think I could ever give up gravy. I'll just stay away from "space gravy". I've never heard of that stuff. Heard of putting weed in a LOT of other things, but never gravy.
Quote:
Old 11-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #149
ShardPhoenix
Наглый ублюдок

Quote:

Spent a little time as an electronics dweeb, then switched over to Military Police (Master At Arms). During my stint as an MP I was with a security unit that was (poorly) modeled after USMC FAST Co's. Was with MOBSECRON 2 in Portsmouth, VA

Can't say I've ever met a Marine that I didn't like. Every time I was trained by or did training with Marines, it was a good experience.

(can't say the same for some of my fellow Squids)
Old 11-25-2012, 10:47 PM   #150
GypsyWriter
Sarah

Oddometer: 1,408

I'll keep away from the space gravy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoTEX View Post
Life is dangerous. Not doing what you love makes life even more dangerous...
GypsyWriter is offline   Reply With Quote