Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2012, 05:54 AM   #1
gpskevin OP
gpsKevin

Oddometer: 109
Arctic Wolf Ride Report

Arctic Wolf Story Intro, by gpsKevin (I see trouble ahead, that is why we call it an adventure)

Tomorrow we leave for the Arctic. The goal for this adventure is to get ourselves far into the wild. There are 8 of us riding, none of us have ever been to the Arctic , let alone on motorcycles, and for some of us this will be the first time camping off motorcycles. Our plan is to take the most remote back roads including the northern Canol Trail, which is considered one of the most challenging trails in Canada. Our route should take us into the Northwest Territories on the Canol Trail and into the Yukon as we head for Inuvik on the Dempster Highway. The ride should take us about 18 days, if all goes well?
From Arctic Wolf Day00

Well this is our Dream, we have been studying it for almost a year now, and we have assembled a team of 8 riders to do it. Being from the lower 48 my dream is to hear the Arctic Wolf in the wild!
Let me introduce the 8 riders:

First Kevin, often called gpsKevin, Riding a Yamaha Super Tenere, XT 1200 Z
From AW_TrailerPacking

Next Missy, (20 years) Riding a Kawasaki Versys 650
From AW_TrailerPacking

Next Jeffrey (18 years), Riding a Kawasaki KLR650
From AW_TrailerPacking

Next Jeff, Riding a KTM 990 Super Enduro
From AW_TrailerPacking

Next Steve, Riding a KTM 690 Enduro
From AW_TrailerPacking

Next Tracy, Riding a BMW F800GS
From AW_TrailerPacking

Dave, Riding a BMW F800GS
From AW_TrailerPacking

Brian, riding a KTM 990 Adventure
From Arctic Wolf Day01

A few of the riders have trucked the bikes to Seattle, and the rest of the riders will fly into Seattle in the morning and the ride begins.
From AW_TrailerPacking

The travel Story to Seattle by truck from Missy
From Arctic Wolf Day05

The last two days have been more eventful than expected. We left at 4 in the morning on Tuesday, normal for a Kevin adventure. But needless to say I slept basically the whole day. Jeffrey, Kevin and I separated the driving of the van, while Tracy and Dave drove the truck and trailer loaded with bikes. We drove all day and ended up in Grant’s Pass, Oregon. The final event was Jeffrey’s 18th birthday. We celebrated at a local pizza place with homemade apple pie for dessert that mom sent along, since she couldn’t enjoy the day with us. Thanks again mom! Everyone loved the pie!
From Arctic Wolf Day00

From Arctic Wolf Day00

From Arctic Wolf Day00

Today we made the rest of the drive to Tacoma, Washington. We stopped several times today for Dave’s small bladder. The rest stops here are much more luscious and green so it was kind of nice to stop and see the scenery. The big adventure of the day was finding a suitable hotel for the night. We decided that the Super 8 from the night before was perfect and Tacoma had just that. We called ahead and they had two rooms just for us. After the day of driving, we show up ready for showers and a nap. Much to our dismay, the hotel had lost power and everything was in the dark. Good thing Jeffrey and I had decided to go against Kevin’s advice and brought our headlights. This was critical for the needed bathroom run, and we were prepared. So while the power was out we took out our lawn chairs and had some great stories and beer. I have officially decided Dave tells some pretty funny stories (probably most of which he shouldn’t tell) about the dumb things he has done. It is so awesome to see such a good guy that can just laugh at the problems he has encountered. And Tracy is the most enthusiastic guy that spews passion for life. Overall great two days. We had the “Last Supper” and are now resting. Tomorrow the ride starts and we are all really excited to start the adventure. More to come as soon as we get Internet access again! Thanks fans, Missy

OK, so we will be trying to update the story every day as it unfolds, so wish us luck and stay tuned
Tomorrow We Ride! (6/21/2012)

gpskevin screwed with this post 02-17-2013 at 07:18 AM
gpskevin is offline   Reply With Quote