Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2012, 10:14 PM   #11
Mr. Cob OP
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,257
Howdy All,

Sorry for the delay lets pick up the saga on day twenty four of the rideabout, we again head south on our way to Townsville where would stop the following day at a bike shop called "TVS Sidecars" Bruce the owner of the shop was waiting for us to show up as I was in desperate need of tires and a service on the rig. Heres the contact info for Bruce's shop,

TVS Sidecars, 9/29 Casey St.
Aitkenvale, Townsville
QLD 4814

tvsidecars@hotmail.com

On the way to Townsville, we passed through some beautiful country heres some photos along the way.

A sugar cane mill.

As we are riding south, we pass another Ural that is traveling north, we exchange waves, the next thing I know Jock has stopped and turned around riding fast north bound. Not knowing what was going on, I turned around and followed after Jock. A few miles later I see Jock has gotten the other Ural and its riders to stop in a parking lot on the west side of the road, I pull in and meet Ural riders Julie and Mick., we shake hands and spend a few minutes talking Urals and about our travels.

It was a real treat to meet and talk to Julie and Mick., little thing like this add so much to a trip.

We ride along the coast, some great photo opportunity's here.

We stop at another small bakery for some pie and a drink. Check out some of the goodies for sale at this little shop.

Later in the day we stop again for a break where Jock calls his friend who lives a few miles from the shop we will be stopping at tomorrow. Jock arranges for our lodging at this friends home whilst I strike up a conversation with a local hack rider, his tug is a Harley Sportster, his name is John, the sidecar is a 1973 DJP.

Jock talks to John while I take one more photo.

Later that same day we arrive at Jock's friends home, I meet Jock's friend and his son, sadly again I have forgotten names, but I did manage to get another dog fix.

We park the bikes in the yard and do some laundry.

I had learned my lesson well and did NOT wash my cotton jeans as I knew they would not be dry the next morning, all of my easy care cloths were clean and dry. For those who don't have it, the easy wash and dry cloths that are now being made are the best darn traveling cloths you can buy, they may get kinda funky smelling if you don't keep them washed but if you rinse them out and hang them up over night unless its extremely humid they will be ready to wear the next morning.

As there is only one spare bed I set my cot and sleeping bag up in the tool shed, I got a great nights sleep.

We had another good meal, some beers and told lies well into the evening, off to bed what a great day. Stay tuned, more to come.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Join Smugmug, use this coupon https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=geyYbNZwLLrl6

Mr. Cob screwed with this post 12-01-2012 at 10:21 AM Reason: cuss I got some folks names wrong, thanks Lee for correcting me.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote