User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2012, 12:51 AM   #10
stripple
Runnin' Hard

Oddometer: 603
Probably gonna get smashed for this one...

VFR 800. A good friend and I traveled up to Canada and bought it. It was the beautiful bright blue version that we didn't get in the states, 1999 I think. I thought the bike was a real looker, performance was pretty darn good, couldn't really fault it....

It just seemed devoid of any soul or personality, strange for a V4 motor. It was like being with a beautiful woman who does everything "right" but fail to really push the proper buttons.

Next was a 2001 CBR 929RR. I'd ride for an hour and feel like I had been in a fight. It seemed to be one of the rare Hondas that wasn't quite sorted before mass production, but in a way that gave it mountains of personality. If you didn't respect it or treat it right, you'd be in big trouble. To say that machine kept me alert and made me work to be a better rider is a big understatement.

To use my previous analogy, it was like being with an ok looking woman that rocks your world and haunts your dreams.

For me, I'll take less than perfect and scary/ exciting any ol time...