User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 262 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 04:27 AM   #3436
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,120
Boomer, does that crew have any camo skill at all? I run full camo as my first skill on all my TD crews. It makes a huge difference.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:42 AM   #3437
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,331
I'd agree - full camo on the T25/2 crew is needed (or at least you have camo and are building up to 100% camo on all crew members). And it's not just needed there - if you even try moving up without camo into the T-28 Proto, you're going to have a hell of a time.

I"m seeing a 380 view range for a 100% commander on the 25/2, so with binocs that should be about a 475 view range... and that's pretty good. Keep in mind that binocs don't work until after 3 seconds from coming to a full stop. If you're moving too much you won't see them, but they will eventually see you.

I used to use my 25/2 in Maliknovka Assault 'Defense' battles by placing it on the knoll at E 8/9 (close to the D/E line), and spot a lot of enemy coming up. With 100% camo, and a camo net, I could spot well enough, and sometimes could get away with shooting and still not get seen. Had some of my best 25/2 games from that spot.

And if there are multiple bushes in between you and them, you may not see them at all. Ideally you want one bush between you and what you're spotting, or if others are lighting them up then multiple bushes so you can just see the outlines to shoot at, but hopefully won't get seen yourself.
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:51 AM   #3438
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwboomer View Post
Now if I could just figure out how to make my t25/2 work sitting still, by the time I see the enemy they already are lobbing shots at me.
Maybe you suck too?

Playing the Stug really helped figure out TD's. Hide, don't move, shoot, if'n they point the tube at you, back away. If I die, I don't lose gobs of money.

The M36 with a turret is a different play style though. I's not as accurate as the Stug, but when it hits, it hits pretty hard.

I've also been playing the British light A13 a bit more and it's growing on me. One thing for sure, British and accuracy are mutually exclusive terms.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:23 AM   #3439
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
Boomer, does that crew have any camo skill at all? I run full camo as my first skill on all my TD crews. It makes a huge difference.
All crew members except the commander (recon 90%) are training in camo. 3/4 are at 75% and the gunner who I did Deadeye with first, is at 16%
I pretty much raced up the line as fast as possible, so that's why they aren't at 100% yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
I'd agree - full camo on the T25/2 crew is needed (or at least you have camo and are building up to 100% camo on all crew members). And it's not just needed there - if you even try moving up without camo into the T-28 Proto, you're going to have a hell of a time.

I"m seeing a 380 view range for a 100% commander on the 25/2, so with binocs that should be about a 475 view range... and that's pretty good. Keep in mind that binocs don't work until after 3 seconds from coming to a full stop. If you're moving too much you won't see them, but they will eventually see you.

I used to use my 25/2 in Maliknovka Assault 'Defense' battles by placing it on the knoll at E 8/9 (close to the D/E line), and spot a lot of enemy coming up. With 100% camo, and a camo net, I could spot well enough, and sometimes could get away with shooting and still not get seen. Had some of my best 25/2 games from that spot.

And if there are multiple bushes in between you and them, you may not see them at all. Ideally you want one bush between you and what you're spotting, or if others are lighting them up then multiple bushes so you can just see the outlines to shoot at, but hopefully won't get seen yourself.
if I'm hiding in a bush, I try to keep it down to 1 as it drops my fps down so low it's impossible to be smooth with aiming. So even when i can't see another 25/2 across the map, he is shooting me. Which brings up another question - if I can see their name and tank tag, but can't get a green arrow in the scope to shoot at anywhere near them, how are they able to blast me? are they shooting at my name only?

which leads to

Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
Maybe you suck too?
no doubt about it.
Nice thing about the 25/2 is that I rarely lose money despite getting hammered all the time. I've learned to really hate open maps now with any tank due to arty. I must have a sign on my turret that says 'shoot me first' cuz if there is a pack of 5 roaming around, it's a safe bet I'm the target
Old 11-29-2012, 06:44 AM   #3440
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 6,712
Quote:
if I'm hiding in a bush, I try to keep it down to 1 as it drops my fps down so low it's impossible to be smooth with aiming. So even when i can't see another 25/2 across the map, he is shooting me. Which brings up another question - if I can see their name and tank tag, but can't get a green arrow in the scope to shoot at anywhere near them, how are they able to blast me? are they shooting at my name only?

which leads to

no doubt about it.
Nice thing about the 25/2 is that I rarely lose money despite getting hammered all the time. I've learned to really hate open maps now with any tank due to arty. I must have a sign on my turret that says 'shoot me first' cuz if there is a pack of 5 roaming around, it's a safe bet I'm the target

There's a setting in the video settings that affects the view range. Lower the graphics detail, but these other two settings need to be at the max. Forget what they're called....
Old 11-29-2012, 06:57 AM   #3441
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,590
I was having the same problem with the 25/2. 100% crew camo, net and binocs should have made it an invisatank, but It just wasn't working out that way. I switched my commander from 100% cammo to sixth sense with a secondary in recon and it helped quite a bit. I put camo paint on it recently. I feel that makes up for the missing cammo skill on the commander.

With 6th sense, I discovered 1 of my problems. I was exposing myself too much when shooting. With the decent rate of fire of the 90mm the and the camo net reset time, I was exposing myself every 5 seconds.
I relocate more often now, and have slowed down my rate of fire for the most part. I also move back farther from the bushes so that they don't go invisible when I shoot.
If it's a city map, I just drive around and blow shit up.
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:58 AM   #3442
vwboomer
Buffoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by UngaWunga View Post
There's a setting in the video settings that affects the view range. Lower the graphics detail, but these other two settings need to be at the max. Forget what they're called....
graphics is at min. i turned antialiasing on at 2x and triple buffering was already on. are those the two you are talking about?
I'm running a laptop with integrated card. 8g of ram though. thought that would help
Old 11-29-2012, 08:09 AM   #3443
papalobster
With Gusto!

Sucks having the frame rate drop into the single digits. I was hoping to upgrade my processing power, but look like I have to invest in a TV to appease the wife and children first. My ping took a huge shit with 8.1 too.

I have 6th sense on a couple different commanders, but I have no idea how it works. Is that when the aiming ring turns black and points off to where a shot comes from?
Old 11-29-2012, 08:16 AM   #3444
vwboomer
Buffoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
Sucks having the frame rate drop into the single digits. I was hoping to upgrade my processing power, but look like I have to invest in a TV to appease the wife and children first. My ping took a huge shit with 8.1 too.

I have 6th sense on a couple different commanders, but I have no idea how it works. Is that when the aiming ring turns black and points off to where a shot comes from?

no, when you are detected a little lightbulb shows up in your headsup. I have it on my T34. a tank which absolutely does not need it
Old 11-29-2012, 08:18 AM   #3445
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,142
I am just now getting the perks on my crews....I always just bounced them when I got a new tank. So far I have a bunch that are about 80-90% to their first perk, and 3 with the first perk finished. I do think that the 6th does help me, but as far as the others is there a way to "tell" when that perk is actually doing something....I mean you get the little lightbulb on the one, but how do you really know you are actually getting something.

For grins I did recon on one of my tanks and I don't think the view range on the main page went up....I know kinda stupid questions....I guess you would call me a casual player....I do play the game a lot, but have not really looked into all the little stuff that would make it better to play....like the skins for the tanks.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:19 AM   #3446
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,142
Quote:
no, when you are detected a little lightbulb shows up in your headsup. I have it on my T34. a tank which absolutely does not need it
I really like it....I have it on my Tiger and JS crews....I find it to be very helpfull....but that is the only perk that I KNOW does somthing....how do you know what the others do?...do they have something like the lightbulb?
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:23 AM   #3447
Hodag
native

Oddometer: 22,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
I really like it....I have it on my Tiger and JS crews....I find it to be very helpfull....but that is the only perk that I KNOW does somthing....how do you know what the others do?...do they have something like the lightbulb?
i like it also
have it on my tiger, vk-p, and gwpanther

really nice on the spg
Hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:52 AM   #3448
papalobster
With Gusto!

I don't recall ever seeing a lightbulb. Hmm.....
Old 11-29-2012, 08:56 AM   #3449
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,590
Quote:
graphics is at min. i turned antialiasing on at 2x and triple buffering was already on. are those the two you are talking about?
I'm running a laptop with integrated card. 8g of ram though. thought that would help
I think he's talking about draw distance and Object LOD

Go here to see what everything does and some great suggestions
http://www.worldoftanksguide.com/gui...settings.shtml
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:44 AM   #3450
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,086
Quote:

George Zhukov Sale!

The following will be in effect starting 03:30 PST (11:30 UTC) on Nov. 30th and will be ending 03:00 (11:00 UTC) on Dec. 3rd.
Bonus when converting gold into credits: +20%

Discount on gold and credit cost of crew skill reset: 50%

50% credit discount on the credit cost of the following vehicles:

• KV-1
  • KV-2
  • KV-3
  • IS
Credit income bonus: +70%

• KV-1
  • KV-2
  • KV-3
  • IS
Discount on the gold cost of the following Premium Vehicles:

• Valentine
  • Matilda
  • Churchill
About bloody time; I've been waiting to buy a Churchill. I'm a bit wary that they didn't specify the discount percentage for that vehicle...

KV-1S is weeping though...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: