Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #16
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajaboundmoto View Post
Completely!
We (me) won OA bike '10 then "we" won 1st & 2nd OA bikes (plus another class win and another finish, 4 for 4, but who's counting) in '11.
Then in '12 I go Moto Malles style from my home on my bike and break before BofLA.
Kinda sucks not having a plan for "what if".

I'm gonna work on some ideas with Maineroot. If it pans out he'll let you all know here.
What let go on your 650? It sounded fine at the end of the third stage.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #17
Strong Bad
n00balicious

Oddometer: 3,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
What let go on your 650? It sounded fine at the end of the third stage.
Flip flops got caught up in the spokes! Jajajajaja!
Old 11-29-2012, 05:11 PM   #18
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,274
it was vans slipons...
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #19
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Bad View Post
Flip flops got caught up in the spokes! Jajajajaja!
Hahahahaha, that was the wop, wop, wop sound I heard leaving CoCo's:lol
Old 11-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #20
Johno33772
Johnny Africa

Oddometer: 832
Quote:
Completely!
We (me) won OA bike '10 then "we" won 1st & 2nd OA bikes (plus another class win and another finish, 4 for 4, but who's counting) in '11.
Then in '12 I go Moto Malles style from my home on my bike and break before BofLA.
Kinda sucks not having a plan for "what if".

I'm gonna work on some ideas with Maineroot. If it pans out he'll let you all know here.
If anyone knows Baja....
Hopefully we can work something out as there are few Lurkers here hoping this works out
Cheers
Johnny Africa

Maineroot...sent ya a PM
Old 11-29-2012, 06:03 PM   #21
johnson357
Bad Monkey Racing

Oddometer: 1,161

I've been trying to figure out a way to get to Baja more from IN. All my friends from here seem to be a little flaky when it comes to commitment. We made it in 06 and 08 but nothing since
johnson357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:09 PM   #22
MexiHonkey
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Baja Bound Moto would be the only one I would trust. He's the only motorcycle guide/race prep/race & chase services that has been at every NORRA race. Learn from experience, don't let others learn from your mistakes.... it will save you $$$ in Baja.
MexiHonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #23
johnson357
Bad Monkey Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexiHonkey View Post
Baja Bound Moto would be the only one I would trust. He's the only motorcycle guide/race prep/race & chase services that has been at every NORRA race. Learn from experience, don't let others learn from your mistakes.... it will save you $$$ in Baja.
Oh yeah I left that part out because that who we used both times.....I think we met you in 08.......just can't afford to go solo.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:47 PM   #24
Maineroot OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Pm me if you want to get on the list

Sounds like we have some interest mounted. Baja Bound has the complete package laid out to me. We are working on getting the wants/needs sorted out.

I just need to start getting a list together of who wants to do this and what warehouse they are going to use.

Once I get that together I can build the loads going to Calexico.

Costs are going to vary according to how many bikes we can get on the trucks. Then those costs will be split between everyone whose bike is on that truck. I'll handle all the rest.

So- I can help with getting bikes and gear to the race start, and help connect the racers with a support network via Baja Bound.

PM ME TO GET ON THE LIST!
#34 MX1K
TEAM GREENWOOD: Kali Protectives, Hammer Nutrition
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages, Darco Boot, ATOMIC MOTO,
Klim Riding Gear, Flexx Bars, Seat Concepts Seats, CJ DESIGNS PEGS, FORMA
BOOTS, Tj's Cycle, Austin TX
Maineroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:37 PM   #25
SurlyPete
n00b

Oddometer: 9
If any of you guys are on the fence, I hope to push you on over to the fun side of it. I can vouch for Matt, he is on the ball and can get the shipping and containers all dialed in. I am in as well, shipping out of Texas. The more, the merrier. And with greater headcount, it works out for each of us a cheaper deal on transport. If you have been wanting to race a rally, the logistics are being all sorted out right here for you. Come and join us.
SurlyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #26
bajaboundmoto
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 607
So now that NORRA has (yet again) changed how they are doing the BofLA hotels and select hotels aren't even on the "available" list (yes, I know C.delSol is NORRA Hdq) I think it's time to get the wheels turning (faster) on this possible Moto Malles support dealio.

MainRoot and I have a decent plan figured out that IMO is completely affordable at about $800-$900 per team if we get 7-ish or 12-ish bikes lined up. I can't see how it can be done more simply or for less $.

Basically:
Ship bikes to San Diego or my place. Fly to San Diego. Get picked up and transported to Mexicali with your bike. Hotels all arranged by me (you don't need to figure that out, I already know it, and it will be affordable places). Your gear & supplies to each hotel by us. Work on your own bikes out of our trailer. You fly out of Cbao to home. All your crap transported back to San Diego and shipped back to you.

A few interested parties have emailed or PM'd me who don't post much, plus Johnno(?), MexiHonkey, maybe ol' BC61, and that Monkey guy. Also whoever MaineRoot has been talking with.
And....?

So let's get the ball rolling. Who might be interested?
bajaboundmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #27
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,856
Quote:
So now that NORRA has (yet again) changed how they are doing the BofLA hotels and select hotels aren't even on the "available" list (yes, I know C.delSol is NORRA Hdq) I think it's time to get the wheels turning (faster) on this possible Moto Malles support dealio.

MainRoot and I have a decent plan figured out that IMO is completely affordable at about $800-$900 per team if we get 7-ish or 12-ish bikes lined up. I can't see how it can be done more simply or for less $.

Basically:
Ship bikes to San Diego or my place. Fly to San Diego. Get picked up and transported to Mexicali with your bike. Hotels all arranged by me (you don't need to figure that out, I already know it, and it will be affordable places). Your gear & supplies to each hotel by us. Work on your own bikes out of our trailer. You fly out of Cbao to home. All your crap transported back to San Diego and shipped back to you.

A few interested parties have emailed or PM'd me who don't post much, plus Johnno(?), MexiHonkey, maybe ol' BC61, and that Monkey guy. Also whoever MaineRoot has been talking with.
And....?

So let's get the ball rolling. Who might be interested?
sounds good !!
Old 01-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #28
johnson357
Bad Monkey Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexiHonkey View Post
Let me say ditto here! We used Baja Bound in 06 for the 500 and in 08 for the 1000 (actually a buddy raced I just pre-ran all week and fought off the man crush I had on MexiHonkey...he's dare I say Adorable! Oh yeah and a bad ass for Soloing the 1000 at a wicked pace then standing around like he just did a 20 minute moto.) Tim knows his stuff and has more knowledge of down there than he knows what to do with. All his people are super and the whole bunch is great fun to hang out with.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #29
Locker43
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
But Tim has an issue with Toyota Prius's for some reason?
Locker43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #30
johnson357
Bad Monkey Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locker43 View Post
But Tim has an issue with Toyota Prius's for some reason?
Nobody likes a bed wetter!

Sorry fought the urge for a day and couldn't help it.....I give our local Parts Unlimited Rep shit for his all the time.