Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 382 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 09:56 AM   #3451
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
I don't recall ever seeing a lightbulb. Hmm.....
It will also appear in the bottom left corner where it shows you tank damage - a little lightbulb lights - you can see it grey'd out when you don't have it

I personally find it very useful no matter the tank - because if I'm being harassed by artillery it lets me know when I'm clear to come out of cover and make a move.

Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #3452
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 6,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
I think he's talking about draw distance and Object LOD

Go here to see what everything does and some great suggestions
http://www.worldoftanksguide.com/gui...settings.shtml

Yes. that stuff. Thanks.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:47 AM   #3453
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
I think he's talking about draw distance and Object LOD

Go here to see what everything does and some great suggestions
http://www.worldoftanksguide.com/gui...settings.shtml

thanks. changed the settings that I could. give it a shot
Old 11-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #3454
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeuner View Post
About bloody time; I've been waiting to buy a Churchill. I'm a bit wary that they didn't specify the discount percentage for that vehicle...

KV-1S is weeping though...
Time to exercise the KV-3 for some credits, then.
Smithy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #3455
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,139
Speaking of TDs, I just remembered that I wanted to mention this. Last night, I was rolling in my T28 and met another T28 head on.

I fired my first premium shell since beta. It bounced.

The next shot was AP at the same spot. Penetrated for full damage.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:08 PM   #3456
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,705
I've noticed premium shells bouncing more these days.

Even the HEAT rounds in the SU26 get the message "that one bounced" how does a HEAT round bounce?
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #3457
papalobster
With Gusto!

Sold my 3601 and bought the PzIV Shturm premium.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #3458
vwboomer
Buffoon

hopefully I can get some play time with the kv3 for the bonus. long way to go to the next tank
Old 11-29-2012, 07:04 PM   #3459
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,233
well, is this normal?

At Live Oaks, I was the only one to go towards the bridge, A13 vs B-1 I got tired of no artillery support or any assistance to take the heavy down, so I went past him to their cap and took out their arty and captured the base...

why was everyone else patting themselves on the back saying what a good job they did? I guess if they didn't keep the rest occupied by catching their rounds then I wouldn't have succeeded, but still.

Btw, I am BigBird928 on WoT.
Big Bird 928 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #3460
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
well, is this normal?

At Live Oaks, I was the only one to go towards the bridge, A13 vs B-1 I got tired of no artillery support or any assistance to take the heavy down, so I went past him to their cap and took out their arty and captured the base...

why was everyone else patting themselves on the back saying what a good job they did? I guess if they didn't keep the rest occupied by catching their rounds then I wouldn't have succeeded, but still.

Btw, I am BigBird928 on WoT.
Sometimes we just don't really realize the work others do.

You can really check to see if your team was keeping the enemy engaged by the end score report by putting tanks in order from highest to lowest XP earned (while also taking a look at damage amounts and kills). It's a pretty fair report of how 98% of the tanks in the game contribute to the overall effort since damage done to higher tier tanks is weighted heavier for lower tires. It's not uncommon to have a tier 9 earning the most XP in a tier ten pub battle.

Yeah, pubs these days are about as bad as they have ever been, so at that tier I'm sure you had some real fucktards... so it is kinda normal for a flank to be unguarded. And you did the right thing by doing what I call "negating" a very slow tank (like that B1). Likewise, not every enemy T95 needs to be addressed to win games - I 'negate' poorly placed ones and just go (sometimes far) around them to cap or do whatever.

So your teams had arty - with enough arty both teams can, and often do, run for the city and ignore the bridges... so it could have been a calculation on their part that the enemy wouldn't be taking the bridges either. Without the end reports and such, it's just too tough to say it was all normal due to dickbag-gery, or due to tactics.
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:26 PM   #3461
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
Sometimes we just don't really realize the work others do.

You can really check to see if your team was keeping the enemy engaged by the end score report by putting tanks in order from highest to lowest XP earned (while also taking a look at damage amounts and kills). It's a pretty fair report of how 98% of the tanks in the game contribute to the overall effort since damage done to higher tier tanks is weighted heavier for lower tires. It's not uncommon to have a tier 9 earning the most XP in a tier ten pub battle.

Yeah, pubs these days are about as bad as they have ever been, so at that tier I'm sure you had some real fucktards... so it is kinda normal for a flank to be unguarded. And you did the right thing by doing what I call "negating" a very slow tank (like that B1). Likewise, not every enemy T95 needs to be addressed to win games - I 'negate' poorly placed ones and just go (sometimes far) around them to cap or do whatever.

So your teams had arty - with enough arty both teams can, and often do, run for the city and ignore the bridges... so it could have been a calculation on their part that the enemy wouldn't be taking the bridges either. Without the end reports and such, it's just too tough to say it was all normal due to dickbag-gery, or due to tactics.
now that I re read my post, I sound like a wiener, but yeah there was a scout ahead of him, and a TD behind him, I was just wondering if that was my new normal...
Big Bird 928 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #3462
vwboomer
Buffoon

we had 7 arty per side on Airfield. thats ridiculous. so it was down to 4 allied arty and 1 heavy vs enemy heavy. our heavy hadnt moved all freaking game .

i managed to get close enough to our flag to spot the enemy for our arty, but what a slow way to end a game
Old 11-30-2012, 05:47 AM   #3463
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
Sold my 3601 and bought the PzIV Shturm premium.

You will buy the 3601 back at some point. I bought the PZVI-S the day it came out, moved my crew from the PZIV to it and took off. it didn't impress me enough to sale replace anything with it. I just use it differently then my other tanks.

It's still a sniper and a coin maker tho.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:35 AM   #3464
papalobster
With Gusto!

I didn't really like/play the 3601. I like the 3001P better. I see the prem pzIV gets stuck in higher tier battles than the old PzIV. It is a money maker though.

Of course out of 4 battles, 2 were in Himmelsdorf encounter battles
Old 11-30-2012, 07:05 AM   #3465
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,004
Yeah the PZIV-S requires a slower play stile. Its defintly not a in your face tank. Really its only bad thing is the lack of speed .

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: