Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 4.75 average. Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 08:26 PM   #1801
Dukeryder

Oddometer: 7,177
My YJ finally looks like a proper Jeep now. New 2" BDS leafs and shocks, Currie boomerang shackles Goodridge SS lines and some 31" Mud Tires on Jeep Ravine wheels. The Tires are Kendas, never had 'em on 4 wheeled vehicle before...all in all pretty easy install, it was going quickly until I got an ass reaming from the HOA about working on my car in the garage; so I had to pack up the air tools and do it all by hand I had to replace the pretty much the entire rear brake system since it appeared like it hadn't been touched since this thing was built.
Before:

After:

(the orange is just what high temp paint I had laying around to paint the raw steel drums)

Dukeryder screwed with this post 12-02-2012 at 01:16 PM
Dukeryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:37 PM   #1802
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 4,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukeryder View Post
My YJ finally looks like a proper Jeep now. New 2" BDS leafs and shocks, Currie boomerang shackles Goodridge SS lines and some 31" Mud Tires on Jeep Ravine wheels. The Tires are Kendas, never had 'em on 4 wheeled vehicle before...all in all pretty easy install, it was going quickly until I got an ass reaming from the HOA about working on my car in the garage; so I had to pack up the air tools and do it all by hand I had to replace the pretty much the entire rear brake system since it appeared like it hadn't been touched since this thing was built.
Before:

After:
So you changed the the old 5 Spokes to the Ravine wheels. I never really liked the YJ's 5-Spokes. The Revine's look a lot better. Sucks about the HOA. I could never deal with one.

We had some really wicked rain and my YJ still leaks a bit. I've changed a lot of stuff to try to fix it but it never seems to stop. It's not as bad as it once was. At least there aren't any ponds this time. I think I might just have come to terms that it's just gonna leak.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #1803
Dukeryder

Oddometer: 7,177
I'm just happy this Jeep doesn't leak from the floor up, in addition to the top & door seals

I was lucky enough to score 5 Ravines for only $150, and sold off the old 5 spokes on Craigslist for $100. IMHO the Classic 5 Spokes never looked good on Wranglers but seem to look ok on XJs. Good thing for me I'm just renting in this subdivision but as soon as I buy something it's got to be in either a no HOA community or one with minimal covenants and fees. This place is so bad that even having a lettered truck or vehicle is against the rules! No contractors or Mary Kay ladies allowed.

Dukeryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:31 PM   #1804
JAFO
displaced Jeep guy.....

Oddometer: 3,974
HOAs are nothing more than the logical extent of political liberalism. IE: control freaks. I could never deal with that sort of idiocy

Sent from my MB886 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
JAFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:16 PM   #1805
JNRobert
Breaking Wind

Oddometer: 9,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
HOAs are nothing more than the logical extent of political liberalism. IE: control freaks. I could never deal with that sort of idiocy

How about you STFU and take it to CSM where you can graze to your content with all the other TFM's
Old 12-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #1806
JAFO
displaced Jeep guy.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNRobert View Post
How about you STFU and take it to CSM where you can graze to your content with all the other TFM's
Nice attitude, prick.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #1807
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 4,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukeryder View Post
I'm just happy this Jeep doesn't leak from the floor up, in addition to the top & door seals

I was lucky enough to score 5 Ravines for only $150, and sold off the old 5 spokes on Craigslist for $100. IMHO the Classic 5 Spokes never looked good on Wranglers but seem to look ok on XJs. Good thing for me I'm just renting in this subdivision but as soon as I buy something it's got to be in either a no HOA community or one with minimal covenants and fees. This place is so bad that even having a lettered truck or vehicle is against the rules! No contractors or Mary Kay ladies allowed.
I sold my original stock 15x6" steel wheels for something like $50. recently. (20 years later) I also sold some decent 15x8.5" aluminum wheels for $250. Sold my old 35x12.5R15's for another $200. I ended up replacing them with 15x7" 5-Spoke steel wheels from a TJ or XJ for $75. I like the no nonsense wheels. Then bought some 33x10.5R15's.

The Jeep is very dependable and I wouldn't really have any problems taking it cross country. I just hate getting into it after a storm as it's like walking into a humid jungle...
Old 12-07-2012, 05:39 AM   #1808
Chanderjeet
IndiYeah !!

Oddometer: 5,629
I've slowly adding stuff to my jeep. Ended up installing these hooks, new tires, new rims and a missile launch switch.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:13 PM   #1809
sect8dr
ride them all

Oddometer: 231
Wheels and tires

Anyone in the market for some 35's for their JK I have some that i need out of the way

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=832986

Would not be against driving a little ways from Marshall, IL to help move them
sect8dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #1810
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNRobert View Post

+100

Why do all the morans have to interject political BS in a totally nonpolitical thread?
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:51 PM   #1811
KSJEEPER
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,256
Quote:

Settle it on down there teatard. Some folks like their homes to hold value, and some people like to discuss Jeeps in Jeep threads. If you really want your taint handed to you by your intellectual superiors, hop on over to CS&M.
KSJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #1812
JAFO
displaced Jeep guy.....

You are late to the party, and hardly my superior.

Old 12-09-2012, 02:13 PM   #1813
KSJEEPER
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,256
Quote:
You are late to the party, and hardly my superior.

Never too late to teach a teatard a bit of math over in CS&M, and of course point out that Jeeps have little to do with poliics.

I mean sure, some are old, antiquated,and crotchety on a cold day. Sure, there are fewer CJ's with every passing year and some day they will be as rare as a hard-on at the old folks home. Of course they are inefficient and substandard in many ways, making them inferior to their modern counterparts. This doesn't make 'em a Pub though, cuz they are still fun and cool. Differentiating characteristics, you see...

C'mon over to CS&M and explain trickle down to us, we'd love to see the math behind it
KSJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #1814
Krang
Rides with hippies

Oddometer: 322
Hillary '16?

Where'd the jeep thread go?
Old 12-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #1815
RustySpokes
Two-bit throttle bum

Oddometer: 923
Random Jeep pic to get this thread back on track.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: