New Mexico Trials Association-NMTA thread

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Gordy, Oct 9, 2012.

1. ridenm

ridenm WALSTIB Supporter

Oddometer:
    Many thanks, Tony. You really helped me manage what is a very crazy time.

Lisa wound up with more staples in her leg than I did. :huh
  2. AteamNM

AteamNM Wonna Be ADVrider Supporter

Oddometer:
    I did nothing. I was not needed. I went to SY and never even started a bike. I was a bit bummed but at least the trials was set and the morning sections were a blast. :clap So at the end of the day, the trials was another NMTA success. Thanks to Kyle Goon and others, they did good. First time in 16 years I have not set a trials. :cry
  3. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    Posts #1 and #2 are updated with results and standings.

Great event. If you went, you know what I mean. If you didn't, it sucks to be you! :rofl
  4. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    I only managed to get a few pics while scoring lower section 1.

I really like this one of Rodney placing his front tire on the rock. :thumb

[​IMG]

Brian didn't think that this was an intermediate step up, but he handled it fine!

[​IMG]

Jess stylin'

[​IMG]

Hannah really looked good and more confident.

[​IMG]

Mickett working the turn.

[​IMG]

The sand turn got the best of them.

[​IMG]

April had no trouble with this rock but I thought it was going to get beat to gravel by noon. :rofl

[​IMG]

Fighting for traction!! :rofl

[​IMG]
  5. laser17

laser17 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks like fun Gordy. Thanks for posting the pics.
  6. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for a great Trials, the sections were enjoyable! :clap
  7. grizzzly

grizzzly The Pre-Banned Version

Oddometer:
    A few pics form this last weekends event @ San Y
    This down scared almost everyone who rode it and a few were kinda vocal about it.
    it doesn’t look that bad in this pic but it was spooky
    [​IMG]
    Brewtus
    [​IMG]
    i was told this was his first time in sportsman
    [​IMG]
    Gordy kicken ass on his new Beta
    [​IMG]
    and
    [​IMG]
    Big Al showing us how it is done,
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    dualspaz
    [​IMG]
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
  8. Brewtus

Brewtus Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer:
    Nice pics, Grizzz! :thumb

No, not my first Sportsman event. My first with actual confidence though. :lol3
  9. tilliejacques

tilliejacques gnarly girl Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Gordy, for getting pics of us with our feet actually on the pegs! :lol3

OT, (I guess since it *attended* a trial albeit only inside a trailer so I can post a quick pic here in the Trials forum), here's a pic of the CRF250L in its more natural environment.

[​IMG]

You can't really tell because somebody ran the sign over (we propped it back up) but this is El Camino Real between Vadito and Taos. Sipapu did a family ride along here some years ago. The 250L did great! This was only a forest road though, not anywhere close to as difficult as a trail or singletrack so no evaluations there.

On the road, it easily got up to 60 which the 230L has to work at very hard. I didn't go any faster because there was this slow guy on a DRZ400 in front of me...:wink: We had intended to go up La Junta (FR76) but it quickly turned snow-packed so I wimped out. Maybe today or tomorrow we'll do another dirt/road combo ride before the weather turns.

And, NMTrailBoss has the best idea: Collect the Set!

[​IMG]

Hmm, do you suppose a Montessa 250??.....nah, a trials bike is pretty much the antithesis of a global bike.

cheers
  10. AteamNM

Oddometer:
    Pics from the El Camino Real. Near Sipapu in New Mexico. Maybe someone could post up the route? Fun ride for a mixed group.

Hm, who is dis?
    [​IMG]

The head bitch and Mr. Awesome?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Former NATC CEO
    [​IMG]

Little blond she devil
    [​IMG]

Mixed Group
    [​IMG]
  11. _Magoo_

_Magoo_ master of disaster....

Oddometer:
    Looking good! Can't wait till the first weekend in June, great chance for some trials & dual sport riding at Sipapu!
  12. Southmt

Southmt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Man, we need a list of who's who. I know that I know about everybody, but the screen names throw me. Except for Brew-Tus. (Or is it 'Brewtus'?) :freaky

Sincerely,
    Harvey Farkwad
  13. AteamNM

Oddometer:
    Chris (Burq) will be hosting in conjunction to our moto trials event a dual sport element into the weekend shenanigans. You have yet to meet Magoo but next Thursday at El Vincinio's after work will solve that problem. Ride your KLR with me. :D
  14. NMTrailboss

NMTrailboss Team Dead End

Oddometer:
    We need to work on Mr. Burque Magoo to give a trials bike a shot before June rolls around! :deal Chris needs another bike in the stable!! :D
  15. AteamNM

Oddometer:
    Hmm. A 1994 JT Replica, trade for a ? DR400 and throw in a bit of $$$$? :huh

16. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    Who's dumb enough to try and ride today? :vardy

:y0!

We are going to try SY if anyone is interested.
  17. NMTrailboss

NMTrailboss Team Dead End

Oddometer:
    :huh......:gdog.......:csm.......:nah.......:nono.......:loco....... :vardy
  18. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    If you are a hiker, mtn biker or anyone going through The Great San Ysidro Trials Area that is only there because of NMTA and the many guys and gals over the years that made this happen. :bow (long before my time)

This is your information kiosk that will inform you all about the history of the place, why trials motorcycles are "allowed" to ride there and the rules for anyone using this incredible off road asset.

[​IMG]

The next time someone asks you why you can ride here or even just wants to know where they can ride or even just where the trails are, just point them to this:

[​IMG]

I'm sorry, but we have one of the top clubs in the nation IMO , and one of the premier riding spots anywhere that is in a unique relationship with the BLM and this is the best that we can do to inform riders and non-riders???? :baldy

Just part of my five point wish list. Or was it six???
  19. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    The one on the left is now considered an artifact by the BLM, so it is off limits. ( That`s right anything including trash more than 25 years old should not be disturbed) I have left my DNA for over 40 years all over that place. Should I now re-claim the land for practicing my religous beliefs mainly on sundays with my fellow believers!!! Just a thought.
    We did have a very nice brochure available with all the info you have mentioned. I think maybe one or two ever came up being removed. We could use the same one with updated info and the current political views. At the same time no info at all has worked some what. The info we really need is to inform all the newbies the correct rules of being out and about at San Yo. It is good mother nature takes care of the rest!

PS The location of the boards should not have faced into the sun as any current printed matter has a very short life span.
  20. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    When we planted the new one a few years ago at a work day, no one said anything about the old being an "artifact". :lol3

You have got to be making that up.

We were told that it was going to be up-dated with some additional info put in it and to not take it down. How can you up-date an artifact?

If it is in fact an artifact, we should rope it off so that it continues to age gracefully. . :rofl