Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Face plant
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 04:44 AM   #106
blaster11 OP
Fundy Rally next!

Oddometer: 6,428
Shopguy...you may want to keep in mind that our injuries/fixes are a bit different and will most likely be different on recovery time as well. Since you are keeping your hardware you will probably be back walking before me but since your procedure was a bit more invasive there is probably a bit more nerve damage from them poking around hence toes not moving much. Just another couple pennies worth of thoughts.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:35 AM   #107
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer

Oddometer: 4,827
Thumb Inch-stone

So, it's been about 3 weeks since Blaster started bearing weight on his foot again. The routine was to add 20 lbs every other day. He'll be allowed to walk in his Bledsoe boot until the screws come out on 20 Dec.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #108
blaster11 OP
Fundy Rally next!

Just a small update, I have been walking around the past two days without the use of crutches or my cart....and it feels pretty good! My foot feels good as long as I keep the boot tight so that I don't have any flexion in the foot bones which are screwed together. I have been working on walking as normally as possible again. It's interesting that my leg gets so tired from walking short distances....gotta work on that a little bit. 18 days until the screws come out!!!! Kind of weird to look forward to more pain and stitches but the end is coming!!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #109
ShopGuy
Gravity hates me

Oddometer: 19
Feels quite liberating to lose the mobility aids doesn't it? It was getting scary here to be on crutches with all the snow and ice around, even in the aircast "boot". Hopefully there isn't too much pain for your next surgery, it might not be as bad as you think.
ShopGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:21 AM   #110
lakota
Geeser

Oddometer: 2,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaster11 View Post
Just a small update, I have been walking around the past two days without the use of crutches or my cart....and it feels pretty good!
great news
IBA #42016

my ride reports

follow my ride

lakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:29 AM   #111
joints4sale
No. Not "That Kind".

Oddometer: 2,811
And here is the mastermind behind Bruce's recovery.

Erik : IBA #40645
"If my life or death depends on getting Bruce or Dana on the phone then I'm gonna die." RFlagg42
2011 TC449, 2014 S1000R, 2010 R1200GSA 30th Anniversary Edition, 2003 Ktm 625sxc(gone), 1999 DR350(gone), 2007 K1200GT (traded for the GSA). 2004 R1150R (traded for the GT)
joints4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:00 AM   #112
blaster11 OP
Fundy Rally next!

I am just sorry that you can't see his bowtie.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:09 AM   #113
gastone
R.I.P. sweet Angus

Oddometer: 1,975
Can that guy even see what the fukk he's doing?
VAC
You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty...
gastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:02 AM   #114
blaster11 OP
Fundy Rally next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopGuy View Post
Hopefully there isn't too much pain for your next surgery, it might not be as bad as you think.
I am not really all that worried about the pain since I have been through the hard part and I really just want to get on with my life. This should be only a minor setback compared to the gains it will provide so it's all good.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #115
ShopGuy
Gravity hates me

Oddometer: 19
Well I got the ok from the dr today to ditch the aircast and start using my foot normally :) he said the x rays look good and everything healed nicely. I have to wait about another month before I do anything high impact like running and I will start physio shortly to start getting strength back in my ankle and calf.

I asked about chance or risk of re-injury once I get riding again in the spring and he said it would take a lot to break or dislodge any of the hardware and most likely something else would break way before that.

Had a great doctor this time around he was telling me stories of his own dirt bike experiences from his earlier years., so he wasn't trying to talk me out of ever riding again (much to my wife's dismay haha).
ShopGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #116
blaster11 OP
Fundy Rally next!

Shopguy...that's great news! I hope your recovery continues on a positive path!!!!
Old 12-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #117
JoeMongo
¿Por dónde?

Oddometer: 334
Quote:
So I went a head and bought some boots tonight, they were almost $200.00 off so I couldn't walk away even if they are red/white. I am mainly going to use them off road and they will get dirty and ugly so I didn't really care about the color. I think its only a couple of day sale on these so if you are interested you may want to move fast. This is one of the two I was looking at earlier.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=771329

Excellent choice dood. I got an incredible deal on the blue ones to match my cast. Here's a picture of my third cast on my second achilles rupture repair a few months ago. First rupture (complete) was back in June. Second rupture and surgery was in September, so I've lost five months and counting and two major dirt camping tours so far. I'm taking it a bit slower this time. Rushing the recovery with even one little dirt ride can cost you months or more. I don't know which is worse, bone and joint damage or major connective tissue repairs but your X-Rays and the scope of your injury is nasty! I do know that there isn't going to be much left for my surgeon to sew together if I rupture my right achilles again, so no more tennis for me.

I finally got back in shoes this week, but limping heavily. PT starts next week. I'll start staionary bike riding then as well, road bicycle riding in a month, street motos in a few weeks, dirt moto in about four months.

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
JoeMongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #118
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer

Oddometer: 4,827
We affectionately call Blaster's ugly Crossfires his "Ruby Red Slippers" (like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz)
Old 12-10-2012, 07:23 PM   #119
lilsmokey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 335
Quote:
So I went a head and bought some boots tonight, they were almost $200.00 off so I couldn't walk away even if they are red/white. I am mainly going to use them off road and they will get dirty and ugly so I didn't really care about the color. I think its only a couple of day sale on these so if you are interested you may want to move fast. This is one of the two I was looking at earlier.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=771329
Im guessing no pun intended?

Glad to hear your doing better!
I ride a bullet. A 2 wheeled, multiple-explosion powered machine with enough moving parts to remove entire fingers. Surfaces hot enough to cook flesh. It propels me at neck-breaking, bone-snapping flesh-tearing speeds, over and trough obstacle's I can only see as blurs. Its a sport that kills the careless, maims the best, and spits at the concept of mercy.

lilsmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:12 PM   #120
Blur
Screwed and stapled

Oddometer: 4,125
Sounds like your path to recovery is going really well!! I'm glad to hear it!

I'm not a doctor but it seems it would've been better if surgeon had used shiny metal plates instead of screws for your foot. Because.....

THERE'S NO PLATE LIKE CHROME!!

Sorry, couldn't resist