Uploaded with ImageShack.us
tradex56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #7307
BobbyLee666
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterDave View Post
Just got back yesterday from a 7 day, 2,155 mile, 2-up trip to Utah on my Wee. It was a cold and AWESOME time. Here are a few pics of the bike from the journey.

Waaaaaay loaded down, but still did great.
Interesting top case arrangement you have there.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:32 PM   #7308
ShooterDave
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyLee666 View Post
Interesting top case arrangement you have there.

The Pelican case on top is only for the camera and its gear. I assured my girl that the camera would be more than safe. I also have a nice looking 46L top case, but its in too good of condition to mess with. This is the smaller top case thats a bit beat up on the outside, but not the inside. So I took and bolted the Pelican case to the top of the top case, since there isn't any other practical place for it. It also serves the purpose of a better back rest. Since this top case is shorter than the bigger one, it hits my girls back at a rather low spot. After doing 900 miles so informed me.... "you mounted this Pelican case in the right spot." Since its some what further back, it acts as a sort of lazy boy recliner for her. It would have been way too uncomfortable if it was mounted flush. Yes it adds about 25 lbs to the top, but after putting another person back there I really don't notice it.

ShooterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #7309
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,403
Does anyone have some pics without luggage? I'd like to see what some do with this bike closer to offroad use.
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #7310
ShooterDave
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Rocket View Post
Does anyone have some pics without luggage? I'd like to see what some do with this bike closer to offroad use.

Yes.... There are 488 pages in this thread with plenty of pics with no luggage. Believe me, I've gone thru every page.

ShooterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:55 PM   #7311
Voluhzia
iExplorer

Oddometer: 1,599
Something like this?

Facebook
Nova Scotia on Explorer

http://novascotiaexplorer.blogspot.com/
Voluhzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:41 PM   #7312
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voluhzia View Post
Something like this?

Facebook
Nova Scotia on Explorer
Yes.

I have gone through a lot of pages, not many recent naked pics. Nice orange one on 11/10 but since then almost all luggage. I would like to aquire a Wee, but would be making it as light as possible and doing lots of two-track. Aggressive tires and skid plate and crash bars.

I guess I would like it to be a dirtbike that is great on the street. I did a 1500 mile road trip on my DR650 and would not like to do it again, so a real street bike that can do mild dirt riding might be the answer.
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #7313
southern cross
WARDY

Oddometer: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by whittrated03 View Post
Ive run 4 rear 705s and 2 fronts on my 650 Strom. New, theyt are great.On road, off and wet roads . However, I have not been abvle to reach the 5k mark on the rear tire no matrtrer how or where I ride. One the other hand, the 705 front is my favorite tire on the market. It bites as well as any other tire out there. A 705 on the rear tends to flat spot in the center very quickly. These tires used to be the best kept secret due their very affordavble price BUT as many are noticing, Shinko is slowly creeping the price up. Now, its just not economicaly sound for me to run the 705 on the rear because it will only last me 8 weeks, The best combo ive found for the Strom is the 705 radial up front anf the Anakee 2 on the rear. Anakee 2s are awesome performing tire in every condition and the mileage is next to none...and theyre affordable. Ive read several posts and reports about 705s delaminating or chunking but like I said previously, Ive run 4 of these tires and I have never had anything like delaminating occur. these tires were around $65 for a rear but shinko spiked them up to $80 now. It will be $100 tire very soon. They are nylon ply tires where Michelin and Metzler for instance dont use nylon...they use something like "Aramid" plys. I think the nylon is what makes the 705 more affordable and wear out so fast. Overall, these tires are great....they do everything good and for off roading, running 18psi will give suprisingly grear traction.
ARAMID is another name for Kevlar which is used in several brands of super expensive jeans as well as some bullet proof vests. It has hundreds of uses and it's extremely strong in tensile use. It would therefore work well in tires as it would keep the tire in shape and therefore help to keep temperature in check (says me the armchair professor). I've heard good reports on the E705's. Were your 705's prefixed with " E "? I run Anakee 2 and am most satisfied with grip and milage.

You are very lucky with cheap tires in the US. Here in OZ most brand of rears cost on average AU$190-250, some are a little more. I have seen TKC90's once at $309 for rear only!!!
southern cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #7314
NortwestRider
TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

Oddometer: 3,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by southern cross View Post
ARAMID is another name for Kevlar which is used in several brands of super expensive jeans as well as some bullet proof vests. It has hundreds of uses and it's extremely strong in tensile use. It would therefore work well in tires as it would keep the tire in shape and therefore help to keep temperature in check (says me the armchair professor). I've heard good reports on the E705's. Were your 705's prefixed with " E "? I run Anakee 2 and am most satisfied with grip and milage.

You are very lucky with cheap tires in the US. Here in OZ most brand of rears cost on average AU$190-250, some are a little more. I have seen TKC90's once at $309 for rear only!!!
WOW,$300 for a rear tire !!
I can outfit my sidecar rig and my vstrom for that much!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Facebook..PNW Adventure Riders..Facebook
MY BUILD http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=938440
NortwestRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #7315
ishmac
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 206
Photo shot a few months back, St. Fillins, Perthshire, Scotland.

ishmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #7316
ishmac
Gnarly Adventurer

Austria, September 2012.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:55 PM   #7317
ishmac
Gnarly Adventurer

Ben Lawers, Perthshire, Scotland;

Old 12-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #7318
helipilot650l
Sweet!!!!!!

Oddometer: 174
Secondary's

Ok guys I pulled the secondary butterflies out of my 06 Vee. Took it out for few mile ride. Wow. Much smoother throttle, better rev. Pulls all the way to redline smoothly. I am going to get a dyson run and tune to make sure it's not too lean. I have the airbox snorkel pulled, two brothers exhaust and powercommander 3 USB. Front wheel comes up just under throttle. But it's much smoother just riding around town. Once I get the Dino tune it should get mpg and a lot more power. So far I really like it. Stay tuned!!!!,,
Old 12-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #7319
chanster
Traveler

Oddometer: 112
Northern New Mexico on a wet September day.

chanster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:37 PM   #7320
fsiul17
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
my first bike

fsiul17 is offline   Reply With Quote