ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 03:02 PM   #16
gefr
Life is a trip

Oddometer: 3,812
Since you dive in there, check the central nut.

Today found a friend's clutch had the central nut loose. Could be the reason for wierd behaviour. Guess it needs 32mm or 34mm socket.
gefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:57 PM   #17
Sumi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by walstibsf View Post
Out of curiosity: How many miles on your bike now? And when was the last time service included cleaning the clutch oil jet?
I believe that this whole oil jet misery (the one on the other side of the bike at the CS) is a bit overrated on this forum.. IMO restriction in this jet (even if it's fully cloged) is not likely to destroy the clutch, unless you're sliping the clutch at the rpm limiter on desert like sand or on heavy uphill rides all day... (which would probably kill the clutch anyway:))

It's not the main, neither is the only oil feed source for the clutch, and as you may all know, it wasn't present on early production bikes - so not Meoni's bike is what I'm talking about (and these bikes ran lots of problem free miles as well)

just my $0.02..
Old 12-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #18
superhak31
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
I just put a Outlaw clutch kit in my 2006 950 adv. 300 miles so far so good. It was like $100. Purely experimental.
But worth a shot.
superhak31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:14 AM   #19
gefr
Life is a trip

Oddometer: 3,812
I had an '03 with no clutch oiling jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumi View Post
It's not the main, neither is the only oil feed source for the clutch, and as you may all know, it wasn't present on early production bikes - so not Meoni's bike is what I'm talking about (and these bikes ran lots of problem free miles as well)

just my $0.02..
My clutch was dragging annoyingly from the first week. It may have been because the first weekend I tried its off road abilities and ended up stuck in the mud and tried to spin my way out. I finally got the clutch assy replaced under warranty on the last day of its 3 year warranty. So I believe oil rduction jet is there for a reason.
Cheers.
gefr is offline   Reply With Quote