Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 12:43 PM   #16
C-Stain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,693
As far as I'm aware, there are no rules regarding passengers around these parts. However, Little Stain wears a BackRider Belt which is basically a 5 point harness that keeps us together and keeps him from falling off. He wears MX pads and a chest protector, with an MX helmet.
C-Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:02 PM   #17
bridwell52
Banned

Oddometer: 143
So what is the proper way for a youngster to get on the bike?
bridwell52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #18
Aj Mick
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by 150ron View Post
Nice, last month ii picked up my 6 year old from school, shes in the first grade, took her to have some ice cream and then to the park, she loved it, daddy and daughter time!

Got a park right by our place, i take her there on the bike all the time,

She looks a tall six year old...... not far of ready to start riding herself, maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlthumper View Post
Where you guys live. what are the rules for passenger age. Our laws are kinda vague the only thing I can establish is if the feet touch the pegs then it's ok. I want to take my son for a country ride just not sure a six yr old should be on a bike. As a passenger on the roads for a long time. Our car folk are kinda stunted in the intelligence department.
Here in Thailand motorcycles are the norm for getting around. They outnumber cars three to one on the road. Regular folks' kids start riding as babes in arms. To people around these parts it would seem strange that people elsewhere have issues about when to start carrying kids on motorcycles.

Growing up on a farm back in New Zealand, kids are passengers on motorcycles from an early age, and learn to ride quite young. I started soon after my father got a Honda CT90 to use on the farm in 1966. I was eleven, and had been riding a bicycle (on the road and off) for several years by then.

Aj Mick screwed with this post 12-03-2012 at 04:36 PM
Aj Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:37 AM   #19
ChadHahn OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridwell52 View Post
So what is the proper way for a youngster to get on the bike?
My daughter just climbs on. When it was time to go, she ran over and was on the bike before I even got done picking up her stuff.

Sometimes when we come home she'll get out of the car and climb up on the bike and grab the handlebars.

Chad

ChadHahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:59 AM   #20
ned37
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
about a year ago, my older son was visiting from the east coast, so my wife, who is a principal at a small elementary school took a few days off. we got together with our local younger son for a dual sport ride toward sedona. 58 year old mom was on her yamaha xt225 with all her gear. going thru town on the way to the back country, i decided to lead the group by her school. we parked right next to the playground. you should have seen the look on the kid's faces when "miss Patti" rolled up... priceless. the cool factor stayed with her for the rest of the year.
'01 Suzuki DRZ400S
Cottonwood, AZ
ned37 is offline   Reply With Quote