User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
TheFunk625 OP
n00b

Oddometer: 6
2004 625 SMC Exhaust/Setup Question

Hey Guys and Gals, I've been a lurker for quite a while(you've got some super helpfull stuff on here) , but today I just couldn't find the info I was looking for and you people seem to be the experts on LC4 equipped bikes, so here is my question. I've finally got my bike running right(stupid top end/rocker issues) and I'm going to start lightly modding it. I have read up on carb and jetting setups, airbox mods and exhaust mods for these bikes(I've already ordered the JD JDK007 jet kit and parts to remove the SAS crap). However , when it comes to modding the exhaust people keep talking about removing the pea-shooter(dual exhaust models I think) or the spark arrestor/screen(single exhaust) from the stock can(s) , however I don't know what exhaust is on my bike...I can't tell if it has the screen in it or not or if it's off another bike or what. The part number on the back says 58305081400 , but I haven't been able to find much info about this particular can. The info I can find(in whatever language) seems to indicate that it's a USA model can , which leads me to believe it's restricted. It says KTM SXC Competition on it but also says it meets the EPA 80dB noise limit. Below are some pics. Any help on identifying it and/or how to or if I should mod it would also be super awesome.

Thanks in advance for you expert info!
TheFunk625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:36 AM   #2
gunnerbuck
Island Hopper

Oddometer: 3,830
The SXC can I believe has a reducer/restricter endcap, you can check by feeling if the end tube extends in beyond a few inches...

I have the same can in an Super M version which came with no restriction whatsoever so I added some: post 37 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...=732362&page=3
gunnerbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #3
TheFunk625 OP
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerbuck View Post
The SXC can I believe has a reducer/restricter endcap, you can check by feeling if the end tube extends in beyond a few inches...

I have the same can in an Super M version which came with no restriction whatsoever so I added some: post 37 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...=732362&page=3

Awesome info. The inside of the can I have is a bit different. It had a long tube that went about half way into the can. I pulled it apart last night and hacked it off to about two inches after the outlet, so now it looks exactly like your stock Supermo M version. The bike was pretty quiet before and now it's a bit louder but not over the top obnoxious. Thank you very much for your info , your pics are some re-assurance that I didn't totally bork my silencer.
TheFunk625 is offline   Reply With Quote