Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #391
Brian011952
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheFallen View Post
Thanks! I will definitely keep that in mind. Traveling solo I plan to keep a list of folks along the way in case I get into trouble. It is cool that people offer up help on these trips!

Another great thing about the Marine Corps is that I have brothers spread out through the country that I can always call for help if need be.
Well, when you exit Nevada and enter California, you are thirty miles from my home. I'd say Semper Fi, but I'm not a Marine, I just raised one.
Brian011952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:06 PM   #392
Blakduk
Just trying to get by.

Oddometer: 1,227
70 Degree Racing (Dale Covington) advised today that the subframe tanks have arrived.

In any human interaction where money is moving from you to another; NEVER trust ANYTHING you are told.
Blakduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #393
BogeyMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakduk View Post
70 Degree Racing (Dale Covington) advised today that the subframe tanks have arrived.
Yup, there's a couple of comments in the "other" Husaberg thread here... and just to whet your appetites:

http://photos.boggis.com
BogeyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:11 AM   #394
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 374
Awesome! He must have saw my post, #339, and decided he had to get them out ASAP! Lol.
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #395
woods wizard
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 742
Cush Hub

Lost Rider, are you running a cush hub ? I am doing a Colo. trip this summer. Cant decide on the Berg or the 525. Im guessing what the majority will say ? I will have to spend some money either way. Fuel range easier on the 525, but isnt plated yet. Then insurance & the like. Lots of time to sort it out, just thought I would start planning now. All input welcome & appreciated. Thanks

woods wizard screwed with this post 12-03-2012 at 04:14 PM
woods wizard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #396
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by woods wizard View Post
Lost Rider, are you running a cush hub ? I am doing a Colo. trip this summer. Cant decide on the Berg or the 525. Im guessing what the majority will say ?
I looked at the 525, 530 and 570. I liked all three. The super cheap price this 570 was selling for made the decision for me. The 525 is definitely cheaper but does not offer the performance of the 570. The 530 offers comparable performance and similar prices.

I really like how light my 570 feels but if you plan to do over 90 miles then you need some make fuel. There isn't a cheap way to do that on the Berg. I think either one would be a blast out there.
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #397
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,192
I run a Cush hub from an old KTM ?? that I bought from a former Husaberg owner.. I think it is a wise investment if you really plan on doing a lot of ADV style riding.

The latest addition to my bike.. guess I shouldnt have used the flash

Old 12-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #398
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 5,004
Quote:
Lost Rider, are you running a cush hub ? I am doing a Colo. trip this summer. Cant decide on the Berg or the 525. Im guessing what the majority will say ? I will have to spend some money either way. Fuel range easier on the 525, but isnt plated yet. Then insurance & the like. Lots of time to sort it out, just thought I would start planning now. All input welcome & appreciated. Thanks

Not speaking for Lost, but FE all the way! I'm getting a Woodys superlace and RAD cush hub installed as soon as I can get my wheel sent in. They even give you some credit for the OEM hub if in good shape.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:30 PM   #399
Brian011952
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
I'm starting this thread so we have a place to discuss and share how Husaberg FE owners prepare and pack our bikes for multi-day/week/month adventure rides.
The other 70 Husaberg owners thread is filled with an excellent broad range of knowledge, but I'd like to have a more specific thread with info not to get lost in all the pages of other general info, tech support, troubleshooting and banter.
I'm going to share how I do my adventuring on the FE, and hope others will join in with their own experiences, suggestions or questions about gear and anything else related to riding or maintaining the current model 70 Husaberg for long distances away from home base or camping off the bike.
Photos of your Husaberg in action traveling, especially while packed are most welcomed here.

-Finn

To add to this thread allow me to quote valuable links for us FE owners. This one courtesy of McLeod.
What size are the tank paniers in your original picture. Are you still using them? If not, why not. I'm considering the same set up onmy bike for a little more storage on long trips and to move some weight forward too. Any advice or opinions would be appreciated.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #400
woods wizard
Studly Adventurer

Thanks, my issue is wheither to use the 570 or the 525 . I have both but one is plated & insured w limited fuel range. The other is not plated & does not have all of the D/s kit yet installed so its yet street legal. The 525 fuel issue can be fairly cheap & easy to remedy. I still have to buy my bags & figure out whats gonna fit in them. Will I have to buy all new camping gear too . As you can see this will add up very quickly when you figure in the cost of the trip across the country for 10 days . We want to camp as much as possible & only going back to towns when absolutely necc. I dont really want to stay in hotels. Also will need to get some electronics , phone charging ,GPS ? Etc. I wont use this kit much except for this kind of trip, maybe once a year if I am that lucky. Thanks in advance for any input.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:17 PM   #401
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 3,155
finn, stop posting those photos, my berg is insanely jealous. i love the shot with the flying embers, were you waiting for something to pop in the fire or just got lucky with the long exposure required?

Quote:
Will I have to buy all new camping gear too . As you can see this will add up very quickly when you figure in the cost of the trip across the country for 10 days . We want to camp as much as possible & only going back to towns when absolutely necc.
some tips for budget luggage setups here, although a few are downright ugly.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:57 PM   #402
Honkey Cat
Tailights Fade!

Oddometer: 1,088
LED lights

purchased a set of vison X and a set of the ADV monster led lights. The adv monster lights were way brighter than the vision X, I even crashed tested them by doing cart wheels at about 50 mph. Lights help up great. I put them on every bike I get now.
Honkey Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #403
woods wizard
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1 View Post
finn, stop posting those photos, my berg is insanely jealous. i love the shot with the flying embers, were you waiting for something to pop in the fire or just got lucky with the long exposure required?

some tips for budget luggage setups here, although a few are downright ugly.
Yep, good ole fashioned ingenuiety, Thanks
Old 12-04-2012, 06:46 PM   #404
Brian011952
Gnarly Adventurer

Cool2

Quote:
Thanks, my issue is wheither to use the 570 or the 525 . I have both but one is plated & insured w limited fuel range. The other is not plated & does not have all of the D/s kit yet installed so its yet street legal. The 525 fuel issue can be fairly cheap & easy to remedy. I still have to buy my bags & figure out whats gonna fit in them. Will I have to buy all new camping gear too . As you can see this will add up very quickly when you figure in the cost of the trip across the country for 10 days . We want to camp as much as possible & only going back to towns when absolutely necc. I dont really want to stay in hotels. Also will need to get some electronics , phone charging ,GPS ? Etc. I wont use this kit much except for this kind of trip, maybe once a year if I am that lucky. Thanks in advance for any input.
I wrote you a really long and detailed response since I have the same two bikes, then the site ate my post. Ugggg.....! Anyway, take the Husaberg. I put 35,000 miles on my KTM 525 before I bought the Husaberg. Lots of dual sport with gear, and what not camping for weeks at a time. i thought the KTM was the best bike ever. Then I bought the Husaberg, with 5500 miles on my 2011 Husaberg, I haven't ridden the KTM 200 miles since buying the Husaberg. The KTM is still a great bike, but the Husaberg is better. Buy some Wolfman or Giantloop luggage (i run Wolfman stuff), get a 70 degree fuel tank, place a really good inline fuel filter on your bike, and invest in a really good sprocket and chain (the original was gone in 3300 mile). Put the LED rear taillight on your bike, and ride it wherever. That's my advice. I'll try to post some stuff that I've done to the Husaberg to make it better, but none of that is absolutely necesary, except maybe adding a HID headlamp bulb so you can see at night. These kits can be purchased from HD Bright for around $80.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:24 AM   #405
Mr_Chris
Get away, evil car!

Oddometer: 288
Brightest and best Street Legal lighting?

I have the stock berk mask off the bike but the aftermarket one I have is not as street legal as I'd hoped.

I love those Baja LEDs but I need to be able to ride past cars without dazzling them into smashing into me...

Dimmers are just bullshit for "day legal" in my opinion, I want bright lights not yellow but still too-high lamps...

Is the only answer some HID replacement for the stock element?
Mr_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote