Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 399 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 01:23 PM   #3496
OLDNX
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
Pretty easy to get Steel Wall with a Churchill when you're top tier because everybody goes for the chassis shots, not realizing that the turret is your weak point. I ran up against a Church last night in my sandbagging T40.....he didn't win.
5,000 plus games and that was my first Steelwall Yeah this thing is a shell magneat. And I think I tracked myself runnin over a ciggie butt

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck
OLDNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:23 PM   #3497
Hodag
native

Oddometer: 22,792
i shoot my team mates sometimes
if i think they have it coming
namely when they blame arty late in the game for a loss
I'll drop a round on them
Hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #3498
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodag View Post

I thought when that happened it was a "stray" shot that was way off target from the crew drinking their sorrows away...
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:30 PM   #3499
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 7,008
lol
Old 12-03-2012, 04:02 AM   #3500
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
I have only once shot a team mate because he had it comming, Low tier battle I am in a slow as hell french something he zipps in front of me and I hit him...with the tank not with a shell....he comes around in front of me and starts to push me back against a wall....the entire game....so I shot him and killed him....I was then left for the rest of the game stuck against a wall and could not move....some people.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:45 AM   #3501
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0020 View Post
You can enjoy yourself all you want in a training room.

If you participate in a battle, you better be prepared to do battle; win or lose, at least take part in the battle.

Another act of idiocy is the suicide scouting, those that rush across the map within 20 second of battle start and get themselves killed before enemy team has dispersed, it's like rushing into concentrated enemy fire.
See them more frequent these days with the faster, more mobile British tanks.
Just because a light rushes across the map doesn't mean they are a Suicide Scout trying to get a Scout award.

I frequently rush the enemy in my T50 for the sole purpose of sewing chaos.
If you can get them to waste time trying to kill you it gives your team more time to get in position. That means the slow heavies also have more time to catch the faster support tanks. It tends to string the enemy out so when the forces meet, you end up with a concentrated force against a strung out force.

The trick is to never stop, even for arty. You also don't stick around too long. It's better to disappear for a bit and then return later for any arty you may have found.

This tactic does not work on every map, and sometimes you have an idiot team that doesn't take advantage of it, or you get killed early and end up looking like a normal idiot scout. When it works though it's a thing of beauty.
SkidMarx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:00 AM   #3502
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
This tactic does not work on every map, and sometimes you have an idiot team that doesn't take advantage of it, or you get killed early and end up looking like a normal idiot scout. When it works though it's a thing of beauty.
I'll usually follow the scout with the overhead view when playing arty. What I don't like is I have a slow load time on my M12 and the scout can take off and be across the map way before I even have a round loaded.

I have learned to wait in the spawn area to take my first shot when I see a scout take off. I'll shoot and scoot and set up while my boomstick is reloading.

The M12 is fully upgraded and acheived elite status over the weekend. Now, do I sell it because I hate it and move to the M40/43, or wait it out for a sale. American arty usually doesn't go on sale very often.

I'm probably going to sell the M7 Priest. I just don't ever play it anymore, it's been nerfed into obsolescence and it's just not fun to play. Doesn't hit, doesn't hit hard and doesn't make any money.

Thinking of heading up the Russian TD tree.
papalobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:17 AM   #3503
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
I'll usually follow the scout with the overhead view when playing arty. What I don't like is I have a slow load time on my M12 and the scout can take off and be across the map way before I even have a round loaded.

I have learned to wait in the spawn area to take my first shot when I see a scout take off. I'll shoot and scoot and set up while my boomstick is reloading.
When I'm off sewing chaos, I'm not spotting for arty per se. I always hope they can get some shots in, but if they don't, they don't. If nothing else, it gives you an idea where everyone is so you can decide where to aim.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:21 AM   #3504
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post

I only have one "scout" tank and that is the ELC....but I don't think of myself as a scout, more like old cavalry.....I make long fast slashing attacks.....and when done right it can really swing the battle. It does only work well on open maps....but man is it fun. It does make everyone stop and try to kill you....I usually try to wait for everyone to get setup and then start the rolling and slashing.....and the gun the elc mounts does sting a bit.

On not so open maps...towns and such I play as a very light TD....it has a pretty good gun.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:14 AM   #3505
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
I only have one "scout" tank and that is the ELC....but I don't think of myself as a scout, more like old cavalry.....I make long fast slashing attacks.....and when done right it can really swing the battle. It does only work well on open maps....but man is it fun. It does make everyone stop and try to kill you....I usually try to wait for everyone to get setup and then start the rolling and slashing.....and the gun the elc mounts does sting a bit.

On not so open maps...towns and such I play as a very light TD....it has a pretty good gun.
The ELC has a nice gun for that and I agree that that's one of the best uses for it.
The T50, not so much. It's gun will not turn the tide unless it's killing arty or TD's from behind.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:13 PM   #3506
Sumo64c
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 496
Well the Mrs. and I have finally approached his and hers hummel's because she absolutely can't stand my Su8.
Sumo64c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #3507
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumo64c View Post
Well the Mrs. and I have finally approached his and hers hummel's because she absolutely can't stand my Su8.
I have to ask, do the 2 tanks of the same type share experience pools?
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:34 AM   #3508
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,794
Sold off the M12 and Priest last night. Looks like the M40/43 is a sure fire way to get on a losing team

So far, it's better than the M12. Aims quickers drives and turns better. Accuracy seems the same too. Loads a little slower though. Kinda bitter that it uses the same gun as the M12, but needs the Large rammer instead of the medium.

Working my way up the Russian TD line, made it to the SU85b with the 85mm gun.
papalobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:05 AM   #3509
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,190
Ran two games in my Obj 212 last night.

Game one: Loss, ~6000 damage, 3 kills, 4k profit
Game two: Win, 700 damage, zero kills, 4k loss

And oh yeah, I finally bought the IS-7! Can't afford to train the crew!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #3510
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,416
Anyone have deaths that make you say WTF?

My T-44 was one-shotted by an E-75. 1200 hp. One shot.
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: