Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #16
Moat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmettken View Post
Here's a 250cc for a couple hundred more. Anyone had any experience with these?
Here's a comparison between the two, Wolf and tha Misfit -

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/8/13102/Motorcycle-Article/SYM-Wolf-Classic-vs--CCW-tha-Misfit.aspx
Moat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:15 AM   #17
boarderx5294
n00b

Oddometer: 5
i have been working around a lot of bikes over the past few years. I've sold a couple of the worlf's and stopped working with CCW. the wolf is a classic looking reliable bike that honestly shifts like a dream. it is a bike that will get you a lot of looks. although the engine may not be as large as the CCW the Taiwanese bike is far superior in my opinion. when one fellow showed up at the shop with tha misfit, we managed to take it around for a spin. the front end was loose and the forks came from the factory with a slight bow in them. the breaks felt off and the front end just didnt feel right at all. with the chinese engine, getting it tuned properly is a bit of a hassle and a job that is not set for the beginner mechanic. what looks to be a shiny metal cover on tha misfits engine is in all actuality a pretty cheep piece of plastic. now back to the wolf. SYM has been working with honda for about 30-40 years, building engines and small motorcycles,.the engine on this thing is built to beyond common expectation. along with this i can honestly say it is one of the smoothest shifting bike i have ever dealt with. for $200 less it is a lot more bang for the buck
boarderx5294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:52 AM   #18
ScootTour
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,491
To me a scooter is simply a motorcycle with automatic transmission and nothing more.

With some of these scooters coming out lately its really shattering the wall between the two worlds. I am just waiting for someone to come out with a dual sport scooter.

Next generation might not be asking 'do I want a scooter or a motorcycle' they might be asking nothing more than 'do I want manual or automatic'
ScootTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #19
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScootTour View Post
To me a scooter is simply a motorcycle with automatic transmission and nothing more.

With some of these scooters coming out lately its really shattering the wall between the two worlds. I am just waiting for someone to come out with a dual sport scooter.

Next generation might not be asking 'do I want a scooter or a motorcycle' they might be asking nothing more than 'do I want manual or automatic'
I have never understood this big distinction between motorcycles and scooters. If it has two wheels and an engine, that's what's important.

Besides, as our population ages, more and more people will think of scooters as those "personal mobility deathtraps" sold by the scooter store.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:50 PM   #20
vader1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
I'd much rather have the SYM Wolf 250ni or known as the T2 in many countries. I think it is a cool looking little bike, but if the 150 is $3K then I doubt SYM would get the 250 priced well enought to compete with the $4k Honda CBR 250 or the Ninja.

vader1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #21
tastroman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,595
I'd like to see a SYM Wolf Classic 350. I like the looks of the Wolf Classic better than the Suzuki TU250.
2009 Buell Ulysses XB12XT
tastroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:41 PM   #22
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by vader1 View Post
I'd much rather have the SYM Wolf 250ni or known as the T2 in many countries. I think it is a cool looking little bike, but if the 150 is $3K then I doubt SYM would get the 250 priced well enought to compete with the $4k Honda CBR 250 or the Ninja.

This is a cool bike. Both the Ninja 250 and CBR250 are selling well but the price has been creeping up to over 4K on both of them. If Sym could sell this for around $3600, they might just have a winner on their hands.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #23
Warney
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 568
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48SemK-7Jwc
Been following a lot of information on the 2012 Honda CBR250R, reviews are positive and that Bike equipped with ABS is a bargain. Amazing it is available in the USA.
http://www.cycleworld.com/2011/03/04...mparison-test/
Warney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #24
wolf kid
n00b

Oddometer: 8
to sym wolf owners

Hi I am getting a wolf and i would like to know how good it is from their owners and is it worth 3.000 greens and the overall satisfaction of it
wolf kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #25
JerryH
Banned

Oddometer: 5,069
The Wolf 150 IS a Chinese bike. A while back I was dead set on buying one, for the looks alone. Then I joined the SYM owners forum, and found out it had all kinds of quality issues. The rubber and plastic parts were very poor quality, the paint faded really quick, and it also developed rust quickly. I went to the local SYM dealer (Scooter Invasion in Tempe, AZ) and gave one a good looking over. I did not like what I saw. It definitely looked Chinese, with chintzy parts everywhere, and in fact was completely manufactured in China, not Taiwan. I never even heard it run, just looking at one was enough to convince me I no longer wanted one. SYM scooters seem to have a much better reputation than their motorcycles. Another problem with SYM, since Alliance Powersports became their importer, seems to be an almost complete lack of parts. Alliance wants all work and service to be done by their dealers, and I don't do things that way.

I have never seen the CCW bikes, but it is commonly known they are assembled in the U.S. out of 99% Chinese parts. I mean, a brand new bike with bent forks?

I have been dreaming of a good quality small displacement scooter, perhaps 151cc, with a manual transmission. Half my state is desert, the other half is mountains, and the mountains are off limits to me as far as my Vino 125 and Zuma 125 go, because of their CVTs which do not have a low enough gear range to climb steep grades. The engines lug badly and bog down. I also have an '09 Stella 2 stroke with a manual transmission, and it climbs just fine. Very slow on the long steep climbs, but at least it can be kept spinning in it's powerband, because it has way lower gearing than the Yamaha's. Only problem with it is it is made by LML in India, and the engine is not the best quality. I'm afraid to get to far from home on it. I've already had to replace the top end on it once. Next time I'll build a complete engine out of high quality parts. It's the same as a Vespa engine. But a Stella look-a-like, built by the Japanese, with a manual transmission would be super cool, even if it had to have a FI 4 stroke engine. The styling and manual transmission would still be there, and it would be reliable enough to ride anywhere.

Oh, and this is just my opinion, but those Hondas are UUUUUUUGLY. My idea of what a proper motorcycle should look like would be a late '60s Triumph Bonneville. And even though they do not look as good as the originals, I think the new Bonnevilles are still the best looking bikes sold in the U.S.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:44 AM   #26
wolf kid
n00b

Oddometer: 8
wolf

how about it as far as the engine goes i mean do they run fine? the cosmetic stuff is not a big problem my dad got me one on my early birthday but i didnt get it yet so i would like to know if the engine and transmission is ok on wolf?
wolf kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #27
tugboat
MicroTourer (tm)

Oddometer: 101
Wonder why some Chinese company doesn't do a Yamaha SR500 knockoff? There is a big demand for those bikes with customizer's.
tugboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #28
usgser
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,097
Check into Suzuki TU 250. Lot more usable all around bike.
usgser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #29
JerryH
Banned

Oddometer: 5,069
The TU250 is a good bike, but costs about $2000 more than the Wolf. You can actually buy a Wolf OTD for $3000, but by the time the Suzuki powersports dealer gets through adding things on, the TU250 will be about $5500 OTD. That's for 2012. The price went up for 2013.

For comments from actual Wolf owners, check the SYM owners forum. Most of their complaints seem to be about cosmetic issues, but poor quality paint, plastic, and rubber parts does not bide well for the quality of the mechanical parts. SYM scooters seem to have none of these issues, which leads me to believe that SYM does not have any say so over quality control on the Wolf. The Kymco Agility 125 is also made in China, and I have not heard anything bad about it, cosmetic or otherwise.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote