Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 01:42 PM   #211
Ulyses OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 966
Thanks a lot brother! Semper Fi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale B.T. View Post
Bryce, enjoying your RR big time, and now this, WOW, you are doing a great job helping Justin.

Donation coming from us to Justin's recovery, will try to alert other ADV type here and around.

Keep the faith, Semper FI
gale

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=572583
Ulyses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #212
JDowns
Sounds good, let's go!

Oddometer: 2,652
Hi Bryce,

You don't know me but I'm just over the way in Guat. Will be heading your way with money and cheer. Justin needs a crazy uncle about now and I'm your man.

Everything works out in the end and makes for good stories but right now Justin could use some money and friendly faces.

Heading your way at first light tomorrow. It's not that far from Flores.

Look forward to meeting you guys.

Kindest regards,
John Downs
Old 12-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #213
max384
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulyses View Post
Crap! Thanks for the heads up. I cant figure out how to get a direct link to the paypal thing, so I just re-routed it to my blog. The button on my blog does work. Thanks so much!
No problem. The link in your blog worked. I don't have much spare cash this time of year, but I sent a few bucks his way.

Newfoundland 2012

James Bay 2014
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:26 PM   #214
purpledrake
No Pretensions

Oddometer: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDowns View Post
Hi Bryce,

You don't know me but I'm just over the way in Guat. Will be heading your way with money and cheer. Justin needs a crazy uncle about now and I'm your man.

Everything works out in the end and makes for good stories but right now Justin could use some money and friendly faces.

Kindest regards,
John Downs
Good on ya, Mate. Do what you can to help the boys, and then have a Merry Christmas.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:28 PM   #215
purpledrake
No Pretensions

Oddometer: 334
Quote:
Hi Bryce,

Kindest regards,
John Downs
Also, Ulyses seems to think that Guatemala hates him. Please disabuse him if such nonsense. ;#*
Old 12-05-2012, 08:19 AM   #216
Ulyses OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Hi Bryce,

Kindest regards,
John Downs
Haha! Awesome! I do know you actually. When I first started gettin on this forum about a year and a half ago to start planning this trip, you gave me all sorts of advice, which I promptly ignored! Haha! You told me to get an XR250 Tornado in Mexico; I ended up getting a 92 BMW R100GS with bad electrics and a fuel problem!

But seriously, thanks a lot man! Kurt and Corey, the two Canadians that you met up at Tikal just showed up yesterday to help out as well, so it looks like Justin is going to have party down here. We offered to hook up some beer into his IV last night, but he declined.

Looking forward to seeing you!
Old 12-05-2012, 08:20 AM   #217
Ulyses OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by max384 View Post
No problem. The link in your blog worked. I don't have much spare cash this time of year, but I sent a few bucks his way.
Thanks a lot man! Every little bit helps!
Old 12-05-2012, 08:22 AM   #218
Ulyses OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpledrake View Post
Also, Ulyses seems to think that Guatemala hates him. Please disabuse him if such nonsense. ;#*
I dont think its just Guatemala that hates me; after everything that has happened, I'm pretty sure that all of Central America is out to get us!!! Haha!
Old 12-05-2012, 08:58 AM   #219
luckybum
old n tard

Oddometer: 153
I think Stan Perry will show up today to see if he can help. He's riding a KLR650 that I prepared a few years ago for GSGAL to ride to South America. He bought the bike from her to do the same trip but had an accident in Arizona when a driver turned in front of him. He trucked it to Oregon and we rebuilt it so he could continue south. Justin is (was) riding the KTM690 I sold him earlier this year. GSGAL and I have decided we won't be selling any more motorcycles. It just hasn't worked out for the buyers........ Best wishes to Justin. I hope you can get him home soon!
Old 12-05-2012, 10:15 AM   #220
Gale B.T.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,475
Just in case ,check this out for additional help/info

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=846264

Donation made, hang in there Bryce,Justin
semper fi

gale
Gale B.T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #221
aviatorbdm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
donated! Good on you Ulyses for taking care of him. Praying for a speedy recovery and fewer problems for the rest of your trip. Man, you've had some bad mojo Mayan hex on you recently. Well don't hate Guatemala/central america or I should say it does not hate you... things will get better, keep charging!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #222
airdale7
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulyses View Post
Ed Zachtamundo (Justin) and I crossed into El Salvador yesterday and were on our way to see elsalvadorklr and his bar. As we were passing through an intersection, Justin was hit by truck. We got him to a hospital and paid off the cops to keep him from getting in trouble.

He has a serious compound fracture in his right leg; it is broken in several places and the bone is protruding from the skin. An ortopeadic surgeon from San Salvador is en route to perform surgery in a few hours.

I'm currently staying at the Hospital with him. We are in the town of Ahuachapan at the private hospital. It's called "centro medico de ahuachapan". GPS coordinates as follows:

N 13* 55' 21.4"
W 089* 50' 38.0"

Justin does not have medevac insurance (i.e. Medjet Assist) and we are unsure if he is still covered by his Health Insurance in the states. I will be trying to set up a paypal link to his account if people would be interested in donating to a fellow rider who is in serious trouble.

Prayers and support are appreciated. Thanks to everyone in advance!

Bryce
Prayers sent!

Every day is a new adventure!
airdale7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #223
Rockcat
LDA

Oddometer: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathews42 View Post
The link on your blog worked for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
me too
Rockcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #224
airdale7
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 528
Space Gravy

Not meaning to take the spotlight off the accident but I just read your report on "Space Gravy" for Thanksgiving. That so funny. I tease my wife that we are vacationing in Colorado next year (they just passed recrational use for wacky tabaky).

Every day is a new adventure!
airdale7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #225
Ulyses OP
Studly Adventurer

A quick update on Justin:

Two days after surgery, he is starting to feel a little bit better. He will probably have to have another surgery when he gets back to the states to repair his ACL and other knee ligaments. We've had lots of arguments with the nurses on how much pain medication he needs, but after a little gesturing and the use of the words "mucho dolor", they usually get the picture.

Kurt and Corey, the two canadians that we had been riding with in Semuc Champey raced to the Hospital as soon as they heard what happened. Today, Mario and Stan, both ADV riders showed up and helped us truck Justin's bike to elsalvadorklr's mom's house. A little later, jdowns showed up, and the party was on! We figured that giving him some beer and injecting some of that special KTM oil into his IV might speed up his recovery.....

But seriously, there has been a huge outpouring of support from the rider community in general. People are coming out of the woodwork to help Justin, and it is amazing! From the bottom of my heart, thank you to everyone!

Here's Mario and Stan with Justin today:

And here is Corey, John (jdowns), and Kurt with Justin:

Some of Justin's family flew into San Salvador tonight and should be here at the hospital in the morning. Thanks again to everyone, the donations and support have been pouring in! It's good to know that riders will gladly take care of their own!