ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > The Garage
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #886
MsLizVt
pfft ...
 
MsLizVt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Killington, Vermont
Oddometer: 1,500
Sometimes I'm just really sensative ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ER70S-2 View Post
Hiya Liz:
This is ADVrider. Don't let the occassional dick-head scare you away. I learn lots here, including your post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBob View Post
Second that.

ER70S-2 and MrBob, et al.

Thank you for the kind words.

I learn a lot too, and every now and then I try to give back what knowledge I have that might be helpful.

For the life of me though, I still have a hard time dealing with the confrontational comments, mean spirited sarcasm, and bullying. It's not my nature to be that way, so it's hard for me to understand why others might be.

But thank you again for understanding.



Liz
MsLizVt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #887
catweasel67
Still a B.A.N
 
catweasel67's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Vienna, Austria
Oddometer: 7,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLizVt View Post
ER70S-2 and MrBob, et al.
Thank you for the kind words.
I learn a lot too, and every now and then I try to give back what knowledge I have that might be helpful.
For the life of me though, I still have a hard time dealing with the confrontational comments, mean spirited sarcasm, and bullying. It's not my nature to be that way, so it's hard for me to understand why others might be.
But thank you again for understanding.
Liz

Speaking on behalf of the feeble minded, please keep giving - it's the very spirit of this thread, as is a smidgen of self deprecation :)

And now I'm off to learn what torque is and how it's different from PSI ;p. Up till now it's pretty much been "click" and "pssshhhhhh"
__________________
Planning NA 2010 NA 2010
Adriatic Loop August 09 Mandello Guzzi Protest Sept 09
"I've got the key to the gates of paradise...but I've got too many legs!!" Jeff
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -- Robert E. Howard

catweasel67 screwed with this post 12-04-2012 at 05:10 PM Reason: an inability to spell
catweasel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #888
nuggets
Fries with that?
 
nuggets's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Virgina
Oddometer: 1,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLizVt View Post
ER70S-2 and MrBob, et al.

Thank you for the kind words.

I learn a lot too, and every now and then I try to give back what knowledge I have that might be helpful.

For the life of me though, I still have a hard time dealing with the confrontational comments, mean spirited sarcasm, and bullying. It's not my nature to be that way, so it's hard for me to understand why others might be.

But thank you again for understanding.



Liz
Bring back your old post. It was cool.
__________________
2001 400 EXC "Punkin" | 2005 Sherco 290 "Tree Climber"
Nuggets' free bike tech clinic.
nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:27 PM   #889
MrBob
Jambo!
 
MrBob's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Boulderish, CO
Oddometer: 7,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLizVt View Post
ER70S-2 and MrBob, et al.

Thank you for the kind words.

I learn a lot too, and every now and then I try to give back what knowledge I have that might be helpful.

For the life of me though, I still have a hard time dealing with the confrontational comments, mean spirited sarcasm, and bullying. It's not my nature to be that way, so it's hard for me to understand why others might be.

But thank you again for understanding.



Liz
This place has taught me a lot about taking things less personally, about thinking twice before I react, about rubbing shoulders with people I might never otherwise interact with. And I think it accurately reflects the levels of fear and anger in our society.
__________________
"When I was younger I was afraid I'd die riding now that I'm old and falling apart, I'm afraid I won't."
bwanacswan's dad
MrBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:29 PM   #890
Shoganai
Let's do some livin'
 
Shoganai's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Out riding with joy and breaking bikes
Oddometer: 1,751
Know when to walk away.
__________________
Nana korobi ya oki


"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter "- Dr Seuss
Shoganai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #891
murgatroid42
Great Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Ft. Collins, CO
Oddometer: 4,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBob View Post
This place has taught me a lot about taking things less personally, about thinking twice before I react, about rubbing shoulders with people I might never otherwise interact with. And I think it accurately reflects the levels of fear and anger in our society.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoganai View Post
Know when to walk away.
And to stay out of Jo Momma.
__________________
"We hang around people who think these activities are normal."
"Me and gravity, we are really, really good friends." - Streetbike Tommy, Nitro Circus
"I'm a dude in his mid-40s, who acts likes he's in his 20's. But I don't plan on stopping any time soon." - Ken Block
murgatroid42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #892
MiteyF
Beastly Adventurer
 
MiteyF's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Michigan... temporarily
Oddometer: 1,850
I certainly wasn't trying to come off as rude, I just didn't want to turn something that was meant to help into a discussion of something unrelated that wouldn't really be useful.

No offense intended, whatsoever
__________________
People tell me I have a motorcycle problem. I tell them, I may have problems, but motorcycles are the solution.
MiteyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #893
MrBob
Jambo!
 
MrBob's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Boulderish, CO
Oddometer: 7,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiteyF View Post
I certainly wasn't trying to come off as rude, I just didn't want to turn something that was meant to help into a discussion of something unrelated that wouldn't really be useful.

No offense intended, whatsoever
Group hug, then back to wasting time on the internet.
__________________
"When I was younger I was afraid I'd die riding now that I'm old and falling apart, I'm afraid I won't."
bwanacswan's dad
MrBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:13 AM   #894
Laconic
Gaulded
 
Laconic's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Moran Nation, NC
Oddometer: 15,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
this place has taught me a lot about taking things less personally, about thinking twice before i react, about rubbing shoulders with people i might never otherwise interact with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoganai View Post
know when to walk away.
+1, +1
Laconic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:55 AM   #895
kamanya
Andrew to most
 
kamanya's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Southern Tip of Africa
Oddometer: 1,250
Sometimes the old base gasket sticks to the underside of the barrel and not the case....

Engines don't like double base gaskets.
__________________
I often wonder where that road goes? And that, has usually made all the difference. Appologies to Mr Frost
kamanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #896
troidus
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Oddometer: 11,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamanya View Post
Sometimes the old base gasket sticks to the underside of the barrel and not the case....

Engines don't like double base gaskets.
The fix is to add a turbo.
troidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:00 PM   #897
murgatroid42
Great Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Ft. Collins, CO
Oddometer: 4,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamanya View Post
Sometimes the old base gasket sticks to the underside of the barrel and not the case....

Engines don't like double base gaskets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by troidus View Post
The fix is to add a turbo.
Absolutely!!
__________________
"We hang around people who think these activities are normal."
"Me and gravity, we are really, really good friends." - Streetbike Tommy, Nitro Circus
"I'm a dude in his mid-40s, who acts likes he's in his 20's. But I don't plan on stopping any time soon." - Ken Block
murgatroid42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:47 AM   #898
Pugsley/Hobbfather
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Barnard, VT
Oddometer: 376
Plowing with an old rig...

It is adviseable, when one has a long, winding, narrow, steep driveway, to place one's road vehicle on the road side of the old, prone-to-breakdown truck that is doing the plowing...especially when the truck runs out of gas halfway down the steep narrow part.

Shoveling a path through the weeds and saplings to go get 5 gallons of gas sucks.

The best part, is when the truck had gas, but the slope moves it all away from the fuel pump...

Should get me through another couple sessions, maybe...
Pugsley/Hobbfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #899
MiteyF
Beastly Adventurer
 
MiteyF's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Michigan... temporarily
Oddometer: 1,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugsley/Hobbfather View Post
It is adviseable, when one has a long, winding, narrow, steep driveway, to place one's road vehicle on the road side of the old, prone-to-breakdown truck that is doing the plowing...especially when the truck runs out of gas halfway down the steep narrow part.

Shoveling a path through the weeds and saplings to go get 5 gallons of gas sucks.

The best part, is when the truck had gas, but the slope moves it all away from the fuel pump...

Should get me through another couple sessions, maybe...

Fuel pickups are in the back of the tank for a reason. You can coast downhill, you can't coast uphill.
__________________
People tell me I have a motorcycle problem. I tell them, I may have problems, but motorcycles are the solution.
MiteyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:42 AM   #900
Pugsley/Hobbfather
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Barnard, VT
Oddometer: 376
Coasting

Turns out you can't coast downhill while plowing either!
Pugsley/Hobbfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014