Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 03:05 AM   #451
mediaguy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutchman177 View Post
Larry.....please tell me how to do this. I have been uploading my pictures and videos to photo bucket.
I also want to figure out how to edit and cut the video so I can leave out sections on the same video
Thanks
ed
You should be able to redo the images in almost any software, I use photoshop but Sue uses windows media. Open the pic and there should be a box with DPI. Most cameras capture in 300 or 200 dpi. I change it to 72 and then "save as" and rename it same name plus add "lo-res" so you don't forever change the original leaving it hi res.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:22 AM   #452
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,437
more mex

Some places here you can ride for an hour and only pass maybe 5 cars the whole way. But in other places, you go thru these little town every few miles. And in these town you see traffic and congestion. And the worst part about having to go thru all these little towns are the "topes". If you ride down here you will know what I mean. These speed bumps can be small or big. They can be round or square like hitting a curb. and sometimes there is no warning and you hit them at speed (and find out what teeth fillings are loose. Plus you slow down and it ges hot riding slow. Not a fun part about going thru the towns. But every town has a church and it is always the nicest thing in town amongst the shantty buildings

Old 12-05-2012, 08:25 AM   #453
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

parks

I took the road from Durango to Mazitlan. It was one of the best roads I have ever done. It was very twisty with great pavement and spectacular scenary. You have to do it! And if you do, you have to visit the Nat'l Park there. I went to see the waterfalls but I ended up spending the night there. Here is what I found

Old 12-05-2012, 08:29 AM   #454
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

to get to the second waterfall, you have to go thru these old train tunnels. It was a highlight. They were wet, dark and rocky-bumpy. It was challenging and it was a cliff on the road outside of the tunnels. Not quite as scary as the Road of Death I did a couple of days before, but frightning nonetheless

Old 12-05-2012, 08:31 AM   #455
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

here's the second waterfall (from the backside)

Old 12-05-2012, 08:34 AM   #456
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

in the park, there are these cool rock features
I took some video of me rock crawling thru this area and thru the tunnels which I will try to upload

Old 12-05-2012, 01:08 PM   #457
rckt grl
Sportbike Addict

Oddometer: 81
Amazing RR! I want to do one of your Baja rides.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:52 PM   #458
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

my camp

every night, I try to find an interesting place to spend the night. I am not always successful. Some times it is hard just trying to find a good, safe place to pitch my tent so I can rest up for the next day's adventure.
But this night was special. After riding thru the 4 tunnels, I found this trial to ride back on and found an awesome spot over-looking the canyon. I had it all to myself. I made dinner and had a little tequila as I listened to my i pod player. Then a full moon rose up over the hills off in the distance and lit up the canyon. It will be a night I will always remember

Old 12-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #459
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

The road to Mazitlan

The road from Durango to Maxitlan is amazing. Perfect asphalt and more twisties than you can handle.
but the views are amazing too. The road is mostly at 8000 feet and follows the natural contours of the land.
They building a new toll road which will be quicker as the road goes straight thru the mountains thru a series of tunnels and bridges, but for me, I will stay on the free road. But if you go, watch out for the semi truck drivers. They use all of the road. And I mean all of the road. Mad max style

Old 12-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #460
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

here is the new toll road under construction.
the is picture shows the contrast between the haves and the have nots.
Only the haves have the money to use the toll roads so the are little used

Old 12-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #461
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

on the beach

I found a beach to camp on just south of Mazitlan. I was able to ride my big bike right down on the sand. As I was setting up camp, a guy came up to me and said I couldn't camp here. I asked why. He told me that the tide would come up that far and I would be under water in 2 hours. Good thing here said something otherwise me and my bike would have been washed out to sea

Old 12-05-2012, 06:32 PM   #462
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Enjoying a Cocos Hieldos con tequila on the sand watching the sunset

flyingdutchman177 screwed with this post 12-06-2012 at 08:30 PM
Old 12-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #463
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Made it to Puerto Vallarta.................hated it! Too many people......$5 beers.......$20 dinners....etc
After having the beach all to myself a day earlier and drinking dollar beers on the beach, I wanted out of there. I stayed long enough for a swim and get wifi to make a Skype call to my GF

Old 12-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #464
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

what do you bring on a RTW trip

I think the question I get asked most is what do I bring on a RTW motorcycle trip by myself. The short answer is everything! I saw a guy yesterday traveling south on a KLR 650 and he had about half the stuff that I do. I like that he can get by with less but for me, I want to have it all because I want to be as comfortable as I can.
I looked at all my stuff the other day and I thought......what I could do without. And when I eliminated those things, it would take off maybe 25 pounds.. And that is a lot of weight but when your bike weighs maybe 550 and your stuff is another 100 ponds, I just didn't think saving those 25 pounds would make a difference. And when the bike is moving, it doesn't make much difference. But when the bike is moving slow or if it falls over (it has happened twice in the first week in Mexico and I didn't drop it once all the way up to Alaska and back), I wish my bike wasn't so heavy.
I have done lots of shorter trips on motorcycles but never one this long. And honestly, I didn't read up on what to bring or how to pack the stuff on my bike. I just thought about it and did it my way. For example, I didn't want a hard bag to be hung way off the back of the bike so I put the lockable hard bag in back of me and hung the soft bag off the back. And that hard luggage behind me is mounted to a plate that can be removed with the key just like rear seat cushion is on a stock GS1200 I am trying to keep the weight as centered and as low as possible
So here is how I have my stuff organized and what I am carrying....................
Old 12-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #465
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Tank Bag

Here's everything that I carry in my tank bag. These are the things that I need to grab quickly or I get to often

Waterproof camera
Some tools that I can access quickly ( my main tool kit is a Cruz tools kit that is carried under the seat)
Plug in cigarette lighter adaptor with usb plug in for charging things
Unlocked phone
Plug in motorcycle battery tester
Towel and water to wash off face shield
Fork
Ipod and ear phones
Wallet (I have 4) One has only some cash. One is my bank with cash and credit cards that I don’t go to every day. One is a back up with a spare driver’s license, credit cards and cash I carry this one in my locked luggage bag.. And one is hidden on my bike with cash and one debit card.....not telling you where that one is!
Reading glasses
Pepper spray
Swiss army knife
Water purification tablets
Sunblock
Sunglasses
Lighter
A 5” Samsung tablet for skype and internet (much easier than firing up the laptop
Ear plugs
Pens
Cool weather street gloves
Beer coozie
Tent light
Business cards
Tire pressure guage
Cork screw
Big and small LED flash lights
Clear helmet faceshield for night
Cap
tissues for going number 2