ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 09:21 PM   #18901
The Walrus
Gone and back again.
 
The Walrus's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: SLC, Utah
Oddometer: 8,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
Lindsey machine built it and its one of the strongest running 525's I've ridden. In fact my speedo says a top speed of 112 during the race. :what:

Pilo did an awesome job on the chassis it rode like a new bike the entire way and still does.
So where's my 2XL...I'm skinnyer but still long........





__________________
Everbody's preachin' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
I wanna be skinny, but my ass is too big. - Charles Barkley
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:47 PM   #18902
GISkev
wwfsmd?
 
GISkev's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: UT
Oddometer: 1,788
valves

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
Lindsey machine built it and its one of the strongest running 525's I've ridden. In fact my speedo says a top speed of 112 during the race. :what:

Pilo did an awesome job on the chassis it rode like a new bike the entire way and still does.
I just want to see the valves done sans feeler gauge.
__________________
Merge w the traffic, but don't go w the flow!
KTM 520, Versys
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:54 PM   #18903
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
frog's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Heber City, UT
Oddometer: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
I just want to see the valves done sans feeler gauge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWS9...e_gdata_player

That is a pretty good tutorial but I'll let you know when I do them.
__________________
Thank you MX1WEST, Highway Dirt Bikes Lindsay Machine, Smart Performance, SPS for the Support
257x Solo Baja 1000
If I had not some strength of will I would make a first class drunkard--Shackleton
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:38 PM   #18904
YOGOI
Prick
 
YOGOI's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Logan, Utah
Oddometer: 3,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceramic-lackey View Post
NO MORE WORKING FOR THE "MAN"

11-30 2012
Thats awesome. Dam city workers, not like you did any work any way.

Maybe we can get out and ride a bit come summer.
__________________
Any bike can be taken off road. The question is; How much fun did you have doing it?

04 950 GO!!!!! 2011 250 XC 89 Transalp 69 350 CL 04 225 XT

08 450 XC-F SOLD to a good home
YOGOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:07 PM   #18905
dieselcruiserhead
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Park City, Utah
Oddometer: 1,453
If anyone has a stock '08 and later KTM headlight for a EXC, I'm looking for one, any color is fine..

thanks
dieselcruiserhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #18906
GISkev
wwfsmd?
 
GISkev's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: UT
Oddometer: 1,788
valvalicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWS9...e_gdata_player

That is a pretty good tutorial but I'll let you know when I do them.
good stuff. a bit different than the xr. once tdc is found on the xr you do the intake and exhaust, but it looks a little different here, so I'll be happy to come see it live!
__________________
Merge w the traffic, but don't go w the flow!
KTM 520, Versys
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:15 AM   #18907
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
frog's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Heber City, UT
Oddometer: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
good stuff. a bit different than the xr. once tdc is found on the xr you do the intake and exhaust, but it looks a little different here, so I'll be happy to come see it live!
If you find tdc you can do both. He is cheating and not finding tdc but using the valves to find when one is opening and the other fully closed. I'd that makes sense. :what:
__________________
Thank you MX1WEST, Highway Dirt Bikes Lindsay Machine, Smart Performance, SPS for the Support
257x Solo Baja 1000
If I had not some strength of will I would make a first class drunkard--Shackleton
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:12 AM   #18908
GISkev
wwfsmd?
 
GISkev's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: UT
Oddometer: 1,788
Helmet law in Utah?

I just got off the phone with Sen Todd Weiler (Woods Cross) who is pushing for a mandatory helmet law.

I told him to avoid the resistance that he'll get from motorcyclists that he should alter the bill to say that LANE SPLITTING(!) is allowed if you're wearing a DOT helmet. That way it's an incentive.


http://www.utahsenate.org/aspx/senmember.aspx?dist=23
__________________
Merge w the traffic, but don't go w the flow!
KTM 520, Versys
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #18909
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
I just got off the phone with Sen Todd Weiler (Woods Cross) who is pushing for a mandatory helmet law.

I told him to avoid the resistance that he'll get from motorcyclists that he should alter the bill to say that LANE SPLITTING(!) is allowed if you're wearing a DOT helmet. That way it's an incentive.


http://www.utahsenate.org/aspx/senmember.aspx?dist=23
Done. Sent this.......

"Hey, instead of wasting time on the helmet thing why don't you propose a
Pay to Play law for Utah so I can have a little leverage to get the
deadbeat biological father out of my grandkids life?

While you're at it maybe a law that single unemployed deadbeats can't stop
an adoption unless they pass the same criteria as an adoptive family has
to.

Can you sense I'm a little bitter with the system?

We have a helmet law. What we don't have protection from is a deadbeat
with a sperm gun.

Regards"
pluric is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #18910
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 17,068
Got a response already... "Thanks Rick"

I feel so important.
pluric is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #18911
dieselcruiserhead
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Park City, Utah
Oddometer: 1,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
If you find tdc you can do both. He is cheating and not finding tdc but using the valves to find when one is opening and the other fully closed. I'd that makes sense. :what:
The issue with that is that if you adjust the exhaust valves off the wrong TDC you can adjust them too tight. How you know is that your starter has a little bit of trouble getting through the start. Not sure how/why this happens but its talked about over on KTM talk... I adjusted my valves using that technique and it happened once. Thought it was the battery (that is why that bike has that badass battery, Kev) but turned out to just be the valves too tight...
dieselcruiserhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:24 PM   #18912
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
frog's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Heber City, UT
Oddometer: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselcruiserhead View Post
The issue with that is that if you adjust the exhaust valves off the wrong TDC you can adjust them too tight. How you know is that your starter has a little bit of trouble getting through the start. Not sure how/why this happens but its talked about over on KTM talk... I adjusted my valves using that technique and it happened once. Thought it was the battery (that is why that bike has that badass battery, Kev) but turned out to just be the valves too tight...
If you look close when rotating the engine its easy to see the overlap portion of the cam. If you can't tell the difference pull the plug and locator pin and put it on the right tdc. its just takes longer.
__________________
Thank you MX1WEST, Highway Dirt Bikes Lindsay Machine, Smart Performance, SPS for the Support
257x Solo Baja 1000
If I had not some strength of will I would make a first class drunkard--Shackleton
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:10 PM   #18913
cruiseroutfit
Gnarly Adventurer
 
cruiseroutfit's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Utah
Oddometer: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselcruiserhead View Post
If anyone has a stock '08 and later KTM headlight for a EXC, I'm looking for one, any color is fine..

thanks
'07 no go? Pretty sure I have my stocker (450XCW) light still LMK and I'll dig for it.
__________________
Kurt Williams
Cruiser Outfitters
Join us on Facebook
ExpeditionUtah - A lifelong project of exploring Utah
kurt@cruiseroutfitters.com
cruiseroutfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #18914
dieselcruiserhead
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Park City, Utah
Oddometer: 1,453
awesome, that might work. I'll def let you know...
dieselcruiserhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:41 AM   #18915
dieselcruiserhead
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Park City, Utah
Oddometer: 1,453
hey guys,
I posted a bunch of stuff in the for sale thread. I'm calling it

Andre's Virtual Yard Sale

lots of good stuff!
dieselcruiserhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015