Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #22216
SLYDOGRACING
The Ringer

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Well I might be up for a Blackwater dirt ride on Sat or Sunday...
SLYDOGRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #22217
Jaxxzenn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64

I am not a noob....I am a well read hanger arounder....
Old 12-05-2012, 12:18 AM   #22218
etingelefunts
retem-odo

Oddometer: 800
I'm back

Took a month long trip out west. Left on Oct 28th and just got back last Wednesday.

Bought a hitch mounted carrier and brought the WR250R to my folks house in Las Cruces NM.

Rode the WR from there to Timberon NM via Alamogordo and Cloudcroft, through sleet and rain, back to Radium Springs, around the Dona Ana Mts, and traversed the base of the Organ Mts north to south along power line roads and the like, over 300 miles in the dirt. Love that bike. Have almost 1,000 miles on it, at least 1/3 of which was through the desert (off road) and never even came close to a "get-off"!! Did I mention I love that bike. In 2010 I almost quit riding after mangling my wrist and back and not being able to manage the throttle very well, or ride standing.... all those limitations and fears are dwindling pretty quickly. Doing better than I would have imagined... oh by the way I LOVE that measly little puny bike!!
Put an IMS 4.75g tank on it while in NM, and never even noticed the extra weight.

Because of that cool little bike... I'm back... in more ways than one, and all in one piece.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:32 AM   #22219
GSF1200S
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by etingelefunts View Post
Took a month long trip out west. Left on Oct 28th and just got back last Wednesday.

Bought a hitch mounted carrier and brought the WR250R to my folks house in Las Cruces NM.

Rode the WR from there to Timberon NM via Alamogordo and Cloudcroft, through sleet and rain, back to Radium Springs, around the Dona Ana Mts, and traversed the base of the Organ Mts north to south along power line roads and the like, over 300 miles in the dirt. Love that bike. Have almost 1,000 miles on it, at least 1/3 of which was through the desert (off road) and never even came close to a "get-off"!! Did I mention I love that bike. In 2010 I almost quit riding after mangling my wrist and back and not being able to manage the throttle very well, or ride standing.... all those limitations and fears are dwindling pretty quickly. Doing better than I would have imagined... oh by the way I LOVE that measly little puny bike!!
Put an IMS 4.75g tank on it while in NM, and never even noticed the extra weight.

Because of that cool little bike... I'm back... in more ways than one, and all in one piece.
Every time I get really comfortable with my choice to have a DR650- and I do mean EVERY DAMN TIME- someone has to come along and praise the damn WR. I hate the bike because I want one so bad. No way I can afford a trip next year with a bike payment, so no go. Prolly wont miss -400ccs on the open road out west though
GSF1200S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:39 AM   #22220
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Oddometer: 3,128
Glad your back Kip.
Was hoping the "call to arms" episode with VC jackets and head cavin-in talk hadn't disgusted you enough to leave this nutty place.

Speaking of the WR, one of my favorite people to follow on ADV (bigdogadventures.com) has a stable of many bikes but choses the WR over them all.
His BIG sig line:

Click here for BigDogs full length DVD movies
http://bigdogadventures.com/Video.htm

www.bigdogadventures.com

Why in the heck did you buy a 250 ?? "Because they were all out of 175's"
"The less the merrier"
"I'm so old, I don't even buy green bananas"--Quote: Jimmy Dickens
"The older I get--the bigger my rear sprocket gets"
"It takes 12 HP to ride around the world--the rest is wheelspin"

Quote:

Old 12-05-2012, 06:43 AM   #22221
etingelefunts
retem-odo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSF1200S View Post
Every time I get really comfortable with my choice to have a DR650- and I do mean EVERY DAMN TIME- someone has to come along and praise the damn WR. I hate the bike because I want one so bad. No way I can afford a trip next year with a bike payment, so no go. Prolly wont miss -400ccs on the open road out west though
Your closing words may come back to haunt me once I tether a heap of gear to the bike. So 3% of my travels I'll miss the 990, which would leave me recalling Big Dog's quotes nearly 30% of the time.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:11 AM   #22222
MadMax400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 948
Sunday is good for me right now.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:27 AM   #22223
etingelefunts
retem-odo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhouse View Post
Glad your back Kip.
Was hoping the "call to arms" episode with VC jackets and head cavin-in talk hadn't disgusted you enough to leave this nutty place.

Speaking of the WR, one of my favorite people to follow on ADV (bigdogadventures.com) has a stable of many bikes but choses the WR over them all.
His BIG sig line:

Click here for BigDogs full length DVD movies
http://bigdogadventures.com/Video.htm

www.bigdogadventures.com

Why in the heck did you buy a 250 ?? "Because they were all out of 175's"
"The less the merrier"
"I'm so old, I don't even buy green bananas"--Quote: Jimmy Dickens
"The older I get--the bigger my rear sprocket gets"
"It takes 12 HP to ride around the world--the rest is wheelspin"
BigDog's articles steered me to the WR straight away!
Those quotes fit!!!
BTW thanks for the advice when I was pondering a new bike... very happy I listened to you guys.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #22224
Hatch
PAR OG

Oddometer: 2,917
glad yer back elephunt, sounds like some awesome riding was had.

now a few words of warning to all those who frequent the holley navarre powerlines (FBM):

I have a friend who lives on Federal Street, and I park in his yard to unload the bikes and ride out there. today, while I was unloading the bike a white Jeep Liberty pulled up to me and these two old people motioned me to come over and talk to them. they then proceeded to give me the third degree about how "what you're doing is illegal" and that they were "going to start a war" with all offroad riders that ride the powerlines. I tried to be as diplomatic as possible, but it was obvious they weren't looking for a discussion, they were telling me what was what, that this is their world, and I just live in it, then they took off as I was telling them that i've ridden these trails all my life, and pulled into their driveway, where a neighbor's dog happened to be wandering around, and the old bastard jumped out of his jeep and chased the dog trying to kick it. the neighbor with the dog happened to be in her yard doing yard work and they exchanged words, then, as I was loading my bikes back up, he started towards me with his cell phone to his ear... I didn't stick around to see what was next.
these people are dangerous and we are gonna have to keep an eye out for traps now. I could see this miserable old asshat going to lowes, buying some thin cable, and stringing it up between trees out there.

Because the fucktards pulled into their driveway right in front of me I got their address and this is what the county property appraiser said their names are:

STONE, ANGUS T & ESTHER R
6539 FEDERAL ST
NAVARRE, FL 32566
Old 12-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #22225
Woods Rider
X-Crazed Racing Fool

Oddometer: 1,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
glad yer back elephunt, sounds like some awesome riding was had.

now a few words of warning to all those who frequent the holley navarre powerlines (FBM):

I have a friend who lives on Federal Street, and I park in his yard to unload the bikes and ride out there. today, while I was unloading the bike a white Jeep Liberty pulled up to me and these two old people motioned me to come over and talk to them. they then proceeded to give me the third degree about how "what you're doing is illegal" and that they were "going to start a war" with all offroad riders that ride the powerlines. I tried to be as diplomatic as possible, but it was obvious they weren't looking for a discussion, they were telling me what was what, that this is their world, and I just live in it, then they took off as I was telling them that i've ridden these trails all my life, and pulled into their driveway, where a neighbor's dog happened to be wandering around, and the old bastard jumped out of his jeep and chased the dog trying to kick it. the neighbor with the dog happened to be in her yard doing yard work and they exchanged words, then, as I was loading my bikes back up, he started towards me with his cell phone to his ear... I didn't stick around to see what was next.
these people are dangerous and we are gonna have to keep an eye out for traps now. I could see this miserable old asshat going to lowes, buying some thin cable, and stringing it up between trees out there.

Because the fucktards pulled into their driveway right in front of me I got their address and this is what the county property appraiser said their names are:

6539 FEDERAL ST
NAVARRE, FL 32566
Shit!

There is nothing worse than a militant neighbor!

Sounds like they were having a bad day for sure!

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window of a car!
Woods Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:26 PM   #22226
etingelefunts
retem-odo

Quote:

6539 FEDERAL ST
NAVARRE, FL 32566
The people who own the dog should turn the other cheek and bring the Stones a Christmas basket with Knotts Berry Farm edibles.... we could snag the food to replenish essential carbs consumed during power line rides. Win-win!

BTW ??? When did the crazies who abhor trail rides start driving Jeeps?
What's next?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmzuRXLzqKk
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, MASS HYSTERIA!!!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #22227
etingelefunts
retem-odo

Quote:
...their names are:

... ANGUS & ESTHER
ANGER? Damn! It fits.
Or this; ANGUS T... ANGST for short maybe.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #22228
ineptizoid
Not Mission Capable

Oddometer: 5,213
Quote:
ANGER? Damn! It fits.
Or this; ANGUS T... ANGST for short maybe.
ANGER and ANGST? Yer right, they both fit. Or you could just remove the "G" from Angus, that works too.

Everything I really needed to know, I learned in Schneider School.

Official Organizer of the ADVrider Sandbox Hooligans Anti-FEE Movement

Quoth the Photojournalist: Am I gonna be the one that's gonna set them straight? Look at me--WRONG!
ineptizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #22229
MadMax400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 948
First its the guy at Autozone pissed off cause some bike riders rode by his deer stand. Now some old farts (no pun intended or disrespect to anyone) with nothing better to do.. They are probably the same people who think its all going to end on 21 Dec 2012.

Perhaps they will just end and we can ride in peace on the 22nd.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #22230
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 9,777

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote