Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 06:09 AM   #181
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 904
Man if these factory heated grips don't last long I'm gonna be ticked. For the money I spent and only two stages of heat I expect them to last as long as styrofoam in a landfill.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:19 AM   #182
AlphaDogDaddy
AlphaDogDaddy

Oddometer: 23
Bar Risers?

I tend to find my XC uncomfortable to ride, while standing on the pegs, off road. I took off the rubber vibration dampeners from the pegs, which effectively gave me (maybe) an inch. I would still like a bit more height and perhaps a little pull back. Suggestions?
AlphaDogDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:44 AM   #183
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDogDaddy View Post
I tend to find my XC uncomfortable to ride, while standing on the pegs, off road. I took off the rubber vibration dampeners from the pegs, which effectively gave me (maybe) an inch. I would still like a bit more height and perhaps a little pull back. Suggestions?
A lot of folks have had success with Rox Risers.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:07 AM   #184
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey8 View Post
Man if these factory heated grips don't last long I'm gonna be ticked. For the money I spent and only two stages of heat I expect them to last as long as styrofoam in a landfill.
Mine were installed poorly. Human error.

I have a 30 year-old Styrofoam sailboat you might like to check the aging on...
backwoodsKLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:42 AM   #185
Rob Dirt
More or less in line

Oddometer: 2,534
Personally, I think y'all are crazy for spending that much money on heated grips. Plus, I don't like the grips. I'll eventually install some that you can put whatever grips you want over the heating elements.
I still say my favorite accessaries are the handlebar risers & the LeoVince muffler with the arrow tune.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #186
RodT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 339
Rox Risers

I had Rox Risers on my stock bars and they worked great. I took them off when I installed Triumph Explorer bars om my 800XC. The explorer bars have more sweep to them and the Rox risers were not needed.I really like the Explorer bars, but if you want Rox Risers I'll make you a deal on them. Rod
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDogDaddy View Post
Old 12-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #187
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodT View Post
I took them off when I installed Triumph Explorer bars om my 800XC.
How good was the fit for the Explorer bars? Issues with heated grips?
cug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:59 PM   #188
Moonsorrow
Jesus

Oddometer: 31
Hello everyone, first post on this forum might aswell be here :) .

I'm looking to change my brakelines on the T800 XC for a setup straight to the calipers instead of the standard connection lines. I've seen some pictures around where people have changed them but I can't find any shops that have them for the T800. In the past I've had good experience with HEL brakelines, but they havent made any specific for the Tiger 800. However they have some for the 955i, can anyone tell me if those might fit or otherwise where to buy some other brand?

Thanks in advance!
Moonsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:20 PM   #189
yukonjon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonsorrow View Post
I'm looking to change my brakelines on the T800 XC for a setup straight to the calipers instead of the standard connection lines. I've seen some pictures around where people have changed them but I can't find any shops that have them for the T800.
Are you talking about having 2 long lines coming from the master cylinder down to each caliper instead of having a T where 1 line splits to 2?

If so what is the reason for doing this?
yukonjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #190
Moonsorrow
Jesus

Oddometer: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukonjon View Post
Are you talking about having 2 long lines coming from the master cylinder down to each caliper instead of having a T where 1 line splits to 2?

If so what is the reason for doing this?
Exactly!

The reason I dont want a crossover line is becouse of some movie that circles around here of a BMW F800GS crashing becouse his front fender is launched off by some rock. The crossover line then grabbed into the front tire blocking it.
It might be easier to bleed the air out of the brakingsystem. With the current setup it takes ages to get it right.
And I believe it also improves the braking itself. It definetely did on my previous bike!
Moonsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #191
Oddball
Starting over

Oddometer: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey8 View Post
I have them and i think the right one is warmer. I figured the left one did not get as hot since the heat was sinking into the handle bar and the right one was hotter since the throttle tube can build up more heat since it is not in good contact with the bar.
Same here, left is not as hot. With that said is does work well went it is cold and windy.
Love the Rox risers.
Oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #192
VEGASGSA
Need more Summer

Oddometer: 6,643
Hey guys..

Cross posting from the GSpot here..'cause I know they are really working with the Tiger..

Was browsing around for some stuff for Christmas gifts and came a across a sweet deal from AltRider right now so I thought I would share. They are offering free shipping from now until Dec 21st. Your order has to be at least $350 but if you have been waiting on buying up something big this might be just the right deal you have been looking for.

Full Disclosure, I am in no way connected with Alt Rider other than having there parts on my bike (bought from my Vegas Dealer)

Cheers..
VEGASGSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:30 AM   #193
o0synge0o
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Dirt View Post
Personally, I think y'all are crazy for spending that much money on heated grips. Plus, I don't like the grips. I'll eventually install some that you can put whatever grips you want over the heating elements.
I still say my favorite accessaries are the handlebar risers & the LeoVince muffler with the arrow tune.
I began the process picking up a new 2012 Orange XC tonight and am looking forward to putting some miles on it!

Have you been able to compare your Leo Vince to the Arrow, Rob Dirt? I'm having a hard time finding decent quality sound clips on YouTube.
o0synge0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:51 AM   #194
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0synge0o View Post
I began the process picking up a new 2012 Orange XC tonight and am looking forward to putting some miles on it!

Have you been able to compare your Leo Vince to the Arrow, Rob Dirt? I'm having a hard time finding decent quality sound clips on YouTube.

If you go for Vince go for carbon one.
I ended up with carbon after looking and listening to Arrow, aluminium Vince and few others. Wonderful deep tone both with and withoutr db killer and superb quality. Looks much more expensive and better made than expected at this price. Does not negatively impact performance too (with db killer) and I can only guess will need Arrow map without db killer.
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:05 AM   #195
markbvt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Dirt View Post
+1. I'm a big fan of the Symtec grip heaters. Easy to install, the stock grips (or other grips of your choice) go right over them, they work great, and they're a fraction of the price of the Triumph ones.

--mark

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more

Bennington Triumph Bash, May 30-June 1, 2014
markbvt is offline   Reply With Quote