Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 399 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 10:12 AM   #3556
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwboomer View Post
I haven't looked into any other tanks for historical accuracy, but a brief glimpse for Type59 information shows a lot of....artistic license.
It should be a carbon copy of the T54...minus just a tad.....but it is a game not a sim....and there is a huge difference in just that.

But if you read a little on the REAL history of the type.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:55 PM   #3557
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,717
I know at least one person that quit playing because he's a tank nut and couldn't stand the inaccuracies.
Moderate accuracy is fine with me. I'd rather have a fun game than a accurate simulator.
SkidMarx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:06 PM   #3558
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,244
OConnor, here is your reminder.

After spending a few graveyard shifts surfing this thread, is there still a ADV clan? If so, what should I be aiming for to be able to join in the fray?

Currently I have a T49 that I am almost fully upgraded, and am working on the pos Priest right now (hoping it gets better when upgraded though I do like the damage it will do) also I am on the long grind for German mediums and heavies.
Big Bird 928 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:32 PM   #3559
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,367
the Priest convinced me how good German arty was. up to gwpanther anyway. couldnt stomach the tiger and sold it
Old 12-07-2012, 04:15 AM   #3560
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
I know at least one person that quit playing because he's a tank nut and couldn't stand the inaccuracies.
Moderate accuracy is fine with me. I'd rather have a fun game than a accurate simulator.
I had a huge problem with it at the start.....and still do with arty...duh....it really is world of armor....the tanks support the arty in this game....but eh, it gives me something to do when I don't feel like anything else.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:22 AM   #3561
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,791
[QUOTE=Big Bird 928;20195378am working on the pos Priest right now (hoping it gets better when upgraded though I do like the damage it will do) [/QUOTE]

Yup, fully upgraded with a rammer and gun laying drive it has a pretty fast reload time. But stop at the Priest. The M12 sucks and really isn't worth the aggravation. The M40/43 is way better than the M12, but the M12 grind took the wind out of sails for American arty.

I stopped at the SU26 on the Russian line. Fun little tank. I have a 60% win ratio in that arty, easy to turn the tide of battle with it.

Currently at the VK3001p and Tiger P in German, I'll stop at the 3001, I like the way it plays. The P is fun too, but my youngest so wants a Maus, so we're going to keep running up that line.

Have a look at the German TD's too. The Stug is a money maker once you figure out how/where to stop and hide.
papalobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:57 AM   #3562
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
Yup, fully upgraded with a rammer and gun laying drive it has a pretty fast reload time. But stop at the Priest. The M12 sucks and really isn't worth the aggravation. The M40/43 is way better than the M12, but the M12 grind took the wind out of sails for American arty.

I stopped at the SU26 on the Russian line. Fun little tank. I have a 60% win ratio in that arty, easy to turn the tide of battle with it.

Currently at the VK3001p and Tiger P in German, I'll stop at the 3001, I like the way it plays. The P is fun too, but my youngest so wants a Maus, so we're going to keep running up that line.

Have a look at the German TD's too. The Stug is a money maker once you figure out how/where to stop and hide.
I liked the tiger well enough I kept it...you just have to know how to play it.....not sure on the Tiger II....still do not have it upgraded all the way yet. I do have the pershing, but it has real problems with the tier 10 stuff...and some problems with the tier 9.

I have lived in battles in both the pershing and Tiger II got kills and done damage....and taken damage and still walked away 10k in the hole.....but I do enjoy the tanks.

On the soviet line I am grinding the T43 and it is just OK....and I am still on the JS, that is not bad. I still have a way to go on both of those.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:52 AM   #3563
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
After spending a few graveyard shifts surfing this thread, is there still a ADV clan? If so, what should I be aiming for to be able to join in the fray?
Yes, ADV clan is alive and usually active.

Log into the WOT website, then go to this page. The application link is on the top right. Then just bitch and moan here until someone lets ya in.

Quote:
Currently I have a T49 that I am almost fully upgraded, and am working on the pos Priest right now (hoping it gets better when upgraded though I do like the damage it will do) also I am on the long grind for German mediums and heavies.
Upgrade the gun first. After that, Priest is pretty excellent imho.

In general, I would discourage German tech though, cuz lol germans.

Edit: Derp, T49 is a TD.....

janeuner screwed with this post 12-07-2012 at 08:17 AM
janeuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:52 AM   #3564
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
I have lived in battles in both the pershing and Tiger II got kills and done damage....and taken damage and still walked away 10k in the hole.....but I do enjoy the tanks.
The Patton isn't much better. It's great fun to play and can pen most tanks I come up against, but the freakin shells cost more than my arty rounds. I lose money almost every thing I take it out. But taking 500 hit points off per shot with a medium tank is kinda cool.

I only have a 40% win rate in it. Last night I did 2 battles in it and probably lost 30k. I even ran down and killed a Bat Chat 25.
papalobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #3565
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,717
Quote:

We use Teamspeak for voice comms. I'll send you the info.
SkidMarx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:19 AM   #3566
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,188
Anyone else take a good look at this?

Quote:
Here is a rundown of the December Specials:
Tech Tree Focus:

• USSR - Dec 3rd - 7th
  • Germany - Dec 10th - 14th
  • UK - Dec 17th - 21st
  • USA - Dec 24th - 28th
Specials:

• Zhukov's March
  • The Souain Legacy
  • Battle of the Bulge
  • Winter Celebration
  • Holiday Surplus
  • New Years Bash
More Tetrarch toys? Awesome!

Edit: More!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITDUDE
T1E6 = American Tier 2 light tank
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralDirection

janeuner screwed with this post 12-07-2012 at 08:39 AM
janeuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #3567
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,072
the Tiger p's appear to be good tanks. I haven't ran one but I've ran with a few, I went for the E-100, I'm half way through the XP to get it from the E-75

And anyone suffering with the Tiger 2 it's improves when maxed out. do not skip any thing on it because a lot carries over to the E-75 and it will make the last grind to the E-75 easier if you get everything for the Tiger 2.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:21 PM   #3568
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,413
Quote:
Gotcha buddy, Welcome aboard!
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #3569
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,413
Finally broke down and started on the German Arty line. Currently have the Sturmpanzer or something. Gun doesn't do much damage to anything other than lights. Kinda fun though, especially if I'm with a team that knows how to spot.
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #3570
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,714
So, building up a pile of xp again - should I elite the E-75 by researching the E-100, or go for the Obj. 212?
Smithy is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: