Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 08:58 AM   #11266
Craneguy
British Hooligan

Oddometer: 1,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bato View Post
you want to put me to work or what., who the heck is Bruce Almighty? I better go back to Mexico
It was a Jim Carrey movie. Probably one of his funniest. It was his character's catch phrase.

Craneguy screwed with this post 12-07-2012 at 10:44 AM
Craneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #11267
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craneguy View Post
It was a Jim Carrie movie. Probably one of his funniest. It was his character's catch phrase.
Now I get it need to check it out ...BTW what are you doing in Cuernavaca? Do you like it there ? got a cousin that lives there., Jacarandas?
Dad build a frcionamento there back in the day, LAS BRISAS we use to go a lot
Bato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #11268
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,124
It's Jim Carrey, dammit!

I have saved luggage space by consolidating my little Chinese stripped down tire pump and can git an extra Euro speedo in the tankbag for the Yucatan adventure.

SR, beat me to the punch. If the kid was at fault for drunk driving he should be punished to the full extent of the law. I've seen dozens of local juniors and fresas here who've gotten away with murder amongst other crimes. They simply are out of jail and free to repeat their crime. I highly doubt the kid learned anything like responsibility or remorse for his actions, the message he likely got was how dumb the gringo was to spring him from jail and save his family a pot full of pesos in legal fees so he can get a new expensive car and hit someone else while drinking and driving. How good would the gringo feel basking in his glory of being so understanding, kind, and compassionate, if the kid kills someone or hurts someone else while he should be doing time? Yeah, I know, speculation, like "if the queen had balls, she'd be king".
But, "Let no good deed go unpunished?"
Wow! I feel better! I quit smoking 4 years ago today and was having a real bad day up to now.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #11269
Craneguy
British Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
It's Jim Carrey, dammit!

I have saved luggage space by consolidating my little Chinese stripped down tire pump and can git an extra Euro speedo in the tankbag for the Yucatan adventure.
Duly edited.

I have a black garbage bag and some brown string here for you so you can upgrade your luggage.

You should have bought the Touratech pump. Obviously it's the best!
Old 12-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #11270
Craneguy
British Hooligan

Quote:
Now I get it need to check it out ...BTW what are you doing in Cuernavaca? Do you like it there ? got a cousin that lives there., Jacarandas?
Dad build a frcionamento there back in the day, LAS BRISAS we use to go a lot
I live here now. Wife dragged me down here after our 10 year adventure in the US.

I like it a lot. I have a penchant for topes and AK-47 fire. (JK)
Old 12-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #11271
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
It's Jim Carrey, dammit!

SR, beat me to the punch. If the kid was at fault for drunk driving he should be punished to the full extent of the law. I've seen dozens of local juniors and fresas here who've gotten away with murder amongst other crimes. They simply are out of jail and free to repeat their crime. I highly doubt the kid learned anything like responsibility or remorse for his actions, the message he likely got was how dumb the gringo was to spring him from jail and save his family a pot full of pesos in legal fees so he can get a new expensive car and hit someone else while drinking and driving. How good would the gringo feel basking in his glory of being so understanding, kind, and compassionate, if the kid kills someone or hurts someone else while he should be doing time? Yeah, I know, speculation, like "if the queen had balls, she'd be king".
But, "Let no good deed go unpunished?"
Wow! I feel better! I quit smoking 4 years ago today and was having a real bad day up to now.
Calm down MikeMike in Mexico as long as you dont kill some one with your turck you are good to go
That's the way the cookie crumbles now you can smoke pot in Washington stae legally
Old 12-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #11272
magallanas
AK to Mexico commuter

Oddometer: 184
Not where I live!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Navaja View Post
Mexicans die so that Gringos can get high.
magallanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:01 AM   #11273
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

I sold the truck, so watch out!

Craneguy, you have got to add the cat as air pump line to that air pump powwow! Classic.
Shake out the cushions from the sofa and come over and get the new tires.Or hold off and wait and see what the Mystery Rider and some other visitors have planned. I tell you, with that new beige leisure suit of yours, all you need is to dye your hair jet black, get a little pencil moustache, swagger like you mean it and in a style that looks like you were born to do it, and they'll be thinking you're a Federale.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #11274
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craneguy View Post
I live here now. Wife dragged me down here after our 10 year adventure in the US.

I like it a lot. I have a penchant for topes and AK-47 fire. (JK)
good for you !

Quote:
I sold the truck, so watch out!

Craneguy, you have got to add the cat as air pump line to that air pump powwow! Classic.
Shake out the cushions from the sofa and come over and get the new tires.Or hold off and wait and see what the Mystery Rider and some other visitors have planned. I tell you, with that new beige leisure suit of yours, all you need is to dye your hair jet black, get a little pencil moustache, swagger like you mean it and in a style that looks like you were born to do it, and they'll be thinking you're a Federale.
What do you mean? you sold the truck... I better go ride now that the weather is kind

PCF Policia Federl de caminos (BC) Before Calderon

Old 12-07-2012, 02:08 PM   #11275
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Yes, Bato, "Enrique the red rocket" truck is now happily at work on job sites and belongs to a friend of mine.

I think that Federale needs a kick in the balls.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #11276
BobLoblaw
Comfortably Numb

Oddometer: 1,423
Quote:
Calm down MikeMike in Mexico as long as you dont kill some one with your turck you are good to go
That's the way the cookie crumbles now you can smoke pot in Washington stae legally
I know but Mike and I have been smoking it illegally for so long, who cares
Old 12-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #11277
airdale7
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
I know but Mike and I have been smoking it illegally for so long, who cares

It was more fun when it was ILLEGAL

Every day is a new adventure!
airdale7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #11278
airdale7
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 499
And the very best we called it 'Maui Wowi' , if you could find it.
But there was plenty of Oaxacan. Harsh, burns the throat, but good and half the price.

Every day is a new adventure!
airdale7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #11279
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Bato screwed with this post 12-07-2012 at 09:31 PM
Old 12-08-2012, 04:36 AM   #11280
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,370

This is Mx 175 south of Oaxaca, on the way to Puerto Escondido, in February of this year. I found the missing clips.

The GoPro (first version) was mounted on the windscreen of the GSA. I recommend a helmet mount, but that will mean additional editing.

Mx 175 isn't in the greatest condition, but it is good in most stretches. I have video of the aftermath of Bob C's crash I'll put up later.

The "fisheye" effect of the GoPro means that even tucked in tight, the final product makes it look like you're not as close to the rider ahead as you really are. For most of these shots, I was right on Bob C's tail - but it doesn't appear that close in any of the shots. Schizzman and Jimmex can attest I was riding way over my limits trying to keep up to Bob and each of them. Shots of those guys coming up.

Note: I really like the CD the soundtrack came from. I picked it up in Peru last year.
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote