ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 06:17 PM   #46
toro618
Studly Adventurer
 
toro618's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorfiets View Post
installed today

Thanks for posting this.

I was looking for something like this to replace the oem flap/cap with. Was is a straight bolt in job?
toro618 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #47
Motorfiets OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Motorfiets's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: North of Jack Daniel's, South of Country Music
Oddometer: 3,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomo View Post
Do you think that cap will fair better against dust and dirt? Every time I open my cap I cringe at how much crap is sitting in the channel around where it actually seals.
I think it would... I really cleaned good before I installed this one. It has a separate oring which seems to block everything off pretty well.


Quote:
Originally Posted by toro618 View Post
Thanks for posting this.

I was looking for something like this to replace the oem flap/cap with. Was is a straight bolt in job?
yup.... took all of maybe 5 min. I actually did it in between classes today
Motorfiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:25 AM   #48
Ceri JC
UK GSer
 
Ceri JC's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: All over, usually Wales or England
Oddometer: 2,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorfiets View Post
I think it would... I really cleaned good before I installed this one. It has a separate oring which seems to block everything off pretty well.




yup.... took all of maybe 5 min. I actually did it in between classes today
Does this one remedy the (OE) problem of spray back from the filling hole when you haven't jammed the fuel pump in completely 100% of the way in?
__________________
I like my bike because I can overtake 4x4s down farm tracks with a week's worth of shopping on the back.
Ceri JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #49
Casejeep
Studly Adventurer
 
Casejeep's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Lake Powell or Flagstaff
Oddometer: 732
Dual USB Chargers

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
__________________
MY F800 GS Build
Casejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #50
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso,NM
Oddometer: 4,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casejeep View Post
Dual USB Chargers



Now that is cool...... Linky pleeeeeeeeez....
__________________


Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #51
Casejeep
Studly Adventurer
 
Casejeep's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Lake Powell or Flagstaff
Oddometer: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek View Post
Now that is cool...... Linky pleeeeeeeeez....
not bad for $20!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s01_i01
__________________
MY F800 GS Build
Casejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:41 PM   #52
biodieselandon
Gnarly Adventurer
 
biodieselandon's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Morgan Hill, CA
Oddometer: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casejeep View Post
Dual USB Chargers

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Awesome! I am getting that!

Is that a Britanica Composites fairing?
__________________
2013 BMW F800GS, Cordoba Blue, ASC, ESA, ABS
2012 BMW G650GS - 13,000 miles ***SOLD***
"If you're not mixing gas, you're not hauling ass!"
"A clean GS is a dirty shame."
biodieselandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:09 AM   #53
Casejeep
Studly Adventurer
 
Casejeep's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Lake Powell or Flagstaff
Oddometer: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by biodieselandon View Post
Awesome! I am getting that!

Is that a Britanica Composites fairing?
Yes it is! great for the price!
__________________
MY F800 GS Build
Casejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:41 PM   #54
biodieselandon
Gnarly Adventurer
 
biodieselandon's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Morgan Hill, CA
Oddometer: 349
I am wondering how it does with an Arai XD4... Dad had one on his KLR and it made my eyeballs shake no matter where it was adjusted...
__________________
2013 BMW F800GS, Cordoba Blue, ASC, ESA, ABS
2012 BMW G650GS - 13,000 miles ***SOLD***
"If you're not mixing gas, you're not hauling ass!"
"A clean GS is a dirty shame."
biodieselandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:14 AM   #55
Ronin ADV
Gear addict
 
Ronin ADV's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Northern Sierras
Oddometer: 594
So today I removed this dead POS


This is round two. When the first Shorai went belly up, they sent me this new larger one. And just like the first one it had to constantly be on the charger.
This time I let the bike sit for a whopping two weeks (...I know, two weeks, but I was doing other shit and riding my other bikes) and sure as hell it was almost totally drained. Even better, the bastard wont take a recharge. Like the first one, if it hits a certain point, there appears to be no coming back.

Shorai, here's a hearty

I've gone back to the heavy pig OEM battery. At least the bike will start and it seems to actually hold a charge.

Anybody want a Shorai charger? You get one of those batteries and you sure as hell are going to need it.

Oh and the obligatory...
__________________
Dan
2010 BMW F800GS, 2011 Yamaha WR250R, 2011 Honda Ruckus, 2013 KTM 500 EXC
Up the WABDR, F800GS Stealth Bike Build, WR250R Scotts Damper Install
Red dirt, rocks and sand; Riding the southern UTBDR, WR250R vs EXC 500 - a comparison
Ronin ADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #56
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso,NM
Oddometer: 4,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW Ronin View Post
So today I removed this dead POS


This is round two. When the first Shorai went belly up, they sent me this new larger one. And just like the first one it had to constantly be on the charger.
This time I let the bike sit for a whopping two weeks (...I know, two weeks, but I was doing other shit and riding my other bikes) and sure as hell it was almost totally drained. Even better, the bastard wont take a recharge. Like the first one, if it hits a certain point, there appears to be no coming back.

Shorai, here's a hearty

I've gone back to the heavy pig OEM battery. At least the bike will start and it seems to actually hold a charge.

Anybody want a Shorai charger? You get one of those batteries and you sure as hell are going to need it.

Oh and the obligatory...
Hahaha....... I feel your pain.... Not on the battery side though..... Do you have the stock R/R installed..... I forgot if you were on the mosfet, or series side....
__________________


Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:00 PM   #57
Moto Mikey
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Moto Mikey's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: On the road!
Oddometer: 440
Installed the PIAA 510 light switch, Wuka King PP (booster plug) switch and HeadsUp voltage LED in the dashboard/fairing. Also moved the HID ballasts behind the dashboard. Also hardwired my garage door opener to one of the HDB buttons mounted on the top bar clamp.

Moto Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #58
Ronin ADV
Gear addict
 
Ronin ADV's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Northern Sierras
Oddometer: 594
Erling

I'm still running the stock set-up. Did the MOSFET kit ever get put together. I have to admit I'm an electrical novice at best and reading your thread and Joel's makes me feel even dumberer.
I guess I should get off my ass and put in the MOSFET.
Any conclusions on the best non lithium battery if I stay with the stock setup?
__________________
Dan
2010 BMW F800GS, 2011 Yamaha WR250R, 2011 Honda Ruckus, 2013 KTM 500 EXC
Up the WABDR, F800GS Stealth Bike Build, WR250R Scotts Damper Install
Red dirt, rocks and sand; Riding the southern UTBDR, WR250R vs EXC 500 - a comparison
Ronin ADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #59
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso,NM
Oddometer: 4,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW Ronin View Post
Erling

I'm still running the stock set-up. Did the MOSFET kit ever get put together. I have to admit I'm an electrical novice at best and reading your thread and Joel's makes me feel even dumberer.
I guess I should get off my ass and put in the MOSFET.
Any conclusions on the best non lithium battery if I stay with the stock setup?
I believe he got the kit together, as I got his ano bracket, and proved it. Let me shoot him an email. I think that either the mosfet or the series would work fine. I am contemplating the series, just as of to save a bit on the stator....as mine is still outputting fine. I know he have the R/R's, and nice ano brackets.... I think he was chasing down plug adapters, but if you follow my thread, it really is now simple, as the bracket is made for you. That was the hardest..... No kidding on the charge voltage... The stock R/R will slowly destroy the stock lead acid....and quickly destroy the LI, as you have experienced. Once you get the voltage up to 14.2+ the LI would be lasting you way longer, as will the stock.
__________________


Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #60
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso,NM
Oddometer: 4,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW Ronin View Post
Erling

I'm still running the stock set-up. Did the MOSFET kit ever get put together. I have to admit I'm an electrical novice at best and reading your thread and Joel's makes me feel even dumberer.
I guess I should get off my ass and put in the MOSFET.
Any conclusions on the best non lithium battery if I stay with the stock setup?
Just heard back from the vendor. He is waiting on the anodize of the brackets. Should be next week for the kits.
__________________


Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014