User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 11:20 PM   #121
WIBO OP
Will it buff out?

Oddometer: 3,551
Hi Luke...

It took about 2 weeks in total.....It takes 3 days to ride to Marakech as it were(from my home)...so that's six days for going and coming. Other riders had commitments and had to be back in that time frame...ideally allow +/- 3 weeks and you're going to see all that you need to off road.

With that time frame also it would certainly allow more off road trails in the north to enable you to travel south ...

Me: I don't give a fuck what you think.
WIBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:02 AM   #122
WIBO OP
Will it buff out?

After we all make bleating goat noises at Craig he goes to the garage along the road for an airline to see if he can blow some of the dirt out before refitting....still running rough...again he's done extremely well to manage the motor so far....but that doesn't matter...we still point and laugh at him

Noah's moto is not going too well either even after he takes it a snort along the road......the group offers to buy him one of these instead to continue with his travels......he considers it as his Giant Loop bags would fit quite easily........I tell him that they can carry the bags .....and even make tea....he thought I was talking about the donkey....

[IMG][/IMG]

We ride out along the roads which are a mix of washed out tarmac in poor repair and shale that has been washed down in the form of landslides from the mountains...Great!!!...Just what we want....

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Just after this town.....

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I see the motos parked up....and pull in in front of them

[IMG][/IMG]

The KTM breaks down....and Noah sets about tracing the problem....

[IMG][/IMG]

We relax and take in the view....
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

A couple of girls arrive to watch the Team of Goats in action and they're given some sweets...

[IMG][/IMG]

I was aware that we'd been waiting for quite a while and was trying to keep an eye on all of the group...one had dandered off to vomit and I just caught Adam in time eyeing up the donkey....he was about to pour petrol over the donkey and the wood it was carrying because he was 'bored'.....I slapped the back of his legs and told him to stay beside his moto and not move from there or 'there'd be trouble'...honestly!!

[IMG][/IMG]

The Katay is fixed with the problem having been a loose electrical connection and on we ride....

WIBO screwed with this post 12-08-2012 at 07:57 AM
Old 12-08-2012, 01:57 AM   #123
RoninMoto
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIBO View Post

The KTM breaks down....and Noah sets about tracing the problem....

I switched out the fuel injector and spark plug the night before. And when she quit running the spark was very bad. It turned out to be loose low voltage wire on the coil. I had to take the front right tank off to get at it. Now its working like a charm again. About a 45 minute fix?
Facebook------------> https://www.facebook.com/RtwWithNoah
RoninMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:46 AM   #124
WIBO OP
Will it buff out?

Winter washouts...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

We ride until we can't ride any more due to the road being covered in rock and shale due to a landslide.....we have to divert and ride along the existing rocky river bed...the local road grader was working at making some kind of a passable road.....Just before this I'd met an old man driving an old Mercedes who could only have driven the same way....

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

WIBO screwed with this post 12-08-2012 at 07:51 AM
Old 12-08-2012, 08:11 AM   #125
WIBO OP
Will it buff out?

[IMG][/IMG]

The group had all halted here at this typical washed out road crossing and were huddled together sobbing...... they were all afraid of the big giant spider that was on the top of the hillock(see top of pic above lorry) ...they thought that it would scurry down and eat them as they rode past,like something from 'The Land That Time Forgot'....with Doug McClure....I pointed out that Doug McClure wasn't alive anymore and that they'd have to escape themselves......I promised them cake and lemonade if they all carried on.

They send Noah over first to act as bait......and when he escapes the rest follow........

[IMG][/IMG]

We ride on...
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

We ride on out of this section of the mountains to where the road opens up parallel with the Cirque de Jaffar.....

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][

WIBO screwed with this post 12-09-2012 at 02:50 AM
Old 12-09-2012, 05:00 AM   #126
WIBO OP
Will it buff out?

We meander along the mountain roads,which are now forested,until we come to a signed junction on our RHS next to a wooded area. This sign points in the direction of Midelt,off road..approx 55kms of trails...and on road by blacktop.

Four of us only take the trail and the rest go by tarmac.

[IMG][/IMG]

Trails are a mix of washed out stone lanes and forest mud trails...perfect...Great!!!!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Half way along we find a length of barbed wire across the trail.....what can you say?

Christophe saw it at the last minute and ducked........it tore off his water pack straps.....

We pass under it and then remove it....

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

WIBO screwed with this post 12-09-2012 at 11:08 AM
Old 12-09-2012, 05:29 AM   #127
WIBO OP
Will it buff out?

If you look to the RHS in this picture you can see the trails that we've just ridden along and down to find a way across the valley ...and then rise up on to loose stone trails mixed with shale.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

If you take the shale line in this picture it will go around the mountain...we decided to go over it instead....
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Craig is still doing exceptionally well with his engine problem,but stops the odd time due to same...the loose going doesn't help either...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Phil stalls and whilst stopped he asks where the nearest sweet shop is...I point down the valley and tell hims it's about 1000kms away....

[IMG][/IMG]

Ride on....

[IMG][/IMG]

Here you can see the angle of the typical trails....

[IMG][/IMG]

We rise up over the peak and head back down towards Midelt where the going is more open stone trails....

[IMG][/IMG]

WIBO screwed with this post 12-09-2012 at 11:08 AM
Old 12-10-2012, 12:43 AM   #128
WIBO OP
Will it buff out?

We ride into Midelt and I head for an hotel I know.....it's a good one that serves good food and has secure parking......
When we arrive by coincidence we find it was the same hotel that that the Naked KTM dude was staying in...he runs out gleefully greeting us,sobbing uncontrollably stating over and over that he thought we all left him and that he was lost......he said a member of the public hand found him wandering and had handed him in to the nearest police station where they in turn had sent him to the hotel....we reassured him we weren't going to leave him and once we'd got him settled we bought him a Cocoa Cola as a treat......

We rode through the entrance,parked the moto's up....and had a beer!!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Soon after the AT and XT arrive.....all looking too clean....
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Soon after another group of overlanders arrive...two XTZ1200's a few 4x4's and a trailer with a buggy and to include another KTM Super Moto.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The moto's are put to sleep for the night,we eat and bed down.

[IMG][/IMG]

WIBO screwed with this post 12-10-2012 at 10:38 AM
Old 12-10-2012, 01:42 AM   #129
WIBO OP
Will it buff out?

We leave the Kasbah Asmaa the next morning(300Dhms and two meals) bound for the ancient Roman town of Volubilis.

As can be seen there's a fuel station not far from the hotel when riding north.

I've ridden 305.2kms and put in 14.73 litres at a cost of 182.06 Dhms(12.36Dhms/liter)

I note each fuel stop as you know to log it and this time it worked out just fine as the fuel dude tried to scam me of €10....I show him my notes and his boss comes over after checking the pump log inside the office and gives him a rollicking....he doesn't look so happy so of course a picture is taken...

One of the group gets on his hands and knees behind him and I push the fuel dude him over before riding off.....every one points and laughs at him.

[IMG][/IMG]

WIBO screwed with this post 12-10-2012 at 11:54 PM
Old 12-11-2012, 01:27 AM   #130
WIBO OP
Will it buff out?

The Land Rover and half of the group head north to Meknes and on to the Roman town to see it...en route we loose the Naked KTM dude...and he gets the Presidents Award for riding off by himself after we had stopped...we find him later by pure coincidence with the others at a fuel station.....

We have a soft drink and one of the group throws a length of old chain that he finds,over the electric cable coming out of the footpath,to create sparks to try and blow the fuel station up.....I clip him around the ear before crewing up.

[IMG][/IMG]

We arrive at the Roman town after a great twisty ride up out of Meknes...(great road for scorching along) and park up.

[IMG][/IMG]

One of the group wants to get his colouring book and felt tips out of the back of the Land Rover........there's always one.

[IMG][/IMG]

I go for a dander to take a few snaps....I check every ones day sack and confiscate 2 cans of spray paint...they sore blind to me that they were only going to spray a little bit if graffiti on the ancient city....like' Romans Go Home'...I told them that they were too late ,that they had long since left and that the town was in fact deserted these days....they shuffle off gurning ..(look that one up)

If you've no interest in ancient history skip to the next page and if anyone can speak Latin maybe they can translate whats written.....

Even the Romans cheated with some of their columns......bricks plastered with cement and smoothed off to make you think it was one solid piece of stone. The twigs you see are cranes' old nests that were built on the columns and have long since been blown off by the wind

[IMG][/IMG]

Still plumb after 2000 odd years

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Check the 'Nazi Swastika' signs....

[IMG][/IMG]

One the group noticed the bow around the wrong way in this one,and used a black marker pen to correct it....

[IMG][/IMG]

They drew a mustache on this one.......

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Of course in those days if you wanted to advertise a brothel you just put a sculpture outside same....

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

We dander back and crew up bound for Chefchaouen ...but again the same member of the group,who'd thrown the chain over the last electrical cable,did exactly the same only this time with a dog chain......only thing was the dog was still attached......eyes..back of head...needed...

[IMG][/IMG]

WIBO screwed with this post 12-11-2012 at 09:05 PM
Old 12-11-2012, 10:07 AM   #131
WIBO OP
Will it buff out?

A short time later we arrive at a fork in the road which is a centre of activity. Buses and taxi's drop people off and agricultural workshops service their customers....

[IMG][/IMG]

The EDC have started to gurn for food so we find a place here to eat and park up......as BBQ is order of the day.(I take a dander and take some snaps)

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Everything gets recycled to be used in something or other...
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

After lunch we bump start a tractor....the way you do of an afternoon...
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

WIBO screwed with this post 12-11-2012 at 09:55 PM
Old 12-12-2012, 01:12 AM   #132
WIBO OP
Will it buff out?

We crew up and leave Sidi Kacem,knowing that we'd be arriving in darkness as all the fat boys took too long to eat......they were riding slow also because they were afraid of the hay lorries....they thought they would just 'topple over' onto them for no reason.....

[IMG][/IMG]

We arrive in Chefchaouen in darkness after racing mad Moroccans over the mountains...we stop to re group at a round-a-bout.

[IMG][/IMG]

We ride down into the town get lost a few times and then climb up out of Chefchaoeun to an hotel where Frank had stayed before...This was the most expensive to date €60 per night with breakfast only included...it was late so we went for it.

Over dinner the Presidents necklace was won,again,by Phil as he'd discovered he'd left his passport in Midelt at the last hotel...... a 'phone call later and a taxi was arranged to bring his passport from the hotel overnight for what worked out to be the price of what it would cost Phil to go and come back for it..result.....loud bleating noises then ensued.

Craig,Adam and Noah decided to ride on and get to Malaga where Craig could hopefully get his moto sorted at a dealer... ...Noah wanted to see a round of the World Rally Championships in Barcelona......

In the morning,after a full night of rain,we head down into the town for a dander. A lot of the streets were covered in mud and stones that had been washed onto them.

WIBO screwed with this post 01-30-2013 at 09:49 AM
Old 12-12-2012, 02:11 AM   #133
RoninMoto
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIBO View Post

We ride down into the town get lost a few times and then climb up out of Chefchaoeun to an hotel where Frank had stayed before...This was the most expensive to date €60 per night with breakfast only included...it was late so we went for it.
Dinner was included also!

Remember? Everyone was stoked to get a plate of Spaghetti instead of tagine.
Facebook------------> https://www.facebook.com/RtwWithNoah
RoninMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:23 AM   #134
WIBO OP
Will it buff out?

Ah yes...that's correct.....

:)

Old 12-13-2012, 02:07 AM   #135
WIBO OP
Will it buff out?

[IMG][/IMG]

It's decided that the 990i could be taken out of the Land Rover and built back up as Kens ankle was feeling better.

I told them I couldn't be bothered helping and hid behind a wheel.....

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

They beg me for my expertise so I agree and when we see Phil trying to hold something with pliers we all jump in to help as he doesn't know how to operate them...

[IMG][/IMG]

Whilst Ken just stands about doing nothing but getting in the way......

[IMG][/IMG]

We put on the KTM tribal mask to keep away evil spirits before Ken starts the 990....then ride down to the town centre...

[IMG][/IMG]

In the quaint town centre we stop and get Phil a hat to denote lifetime membership of the Team of Goats...we greet him with bleating sounds in his passing out ceremony....

[IMG][/IMG]

Then continue just taking in the sights...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

A nice Series 3 parked up....

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

After exploring the town I fuel up again with 18.63Litres after 423.2kms and 230Dhms (12.34Dhms/Litre) and with the speedo now showing 13427kms

We now ride for Tetouan.

WIBO screwed with this post 12-13-2012 at 02:54 AM