Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #361
BigEasy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeraux View Post
I guess when the Amish start making motorcycle gear you guys will finally be fucking happy.

Naw not so much. I'm more of an ATGATT guy

"Play hard and FLOOR IT" Stevie Ray Vaughan

just remember: the only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits
BigEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:09 AM   #362
xlthumper
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
I have traverse pants and latitude jacket, very comfortable on both. I would like a better lower leg closure system on the traverse. It opens and burnt the velcro. I have been in many rain storms. But the last two which were particularly heavy I had leaks. The jacket was left pit/pectoral region and the right fore arm klim Canada is setting up a new repair facility so this will be taken care of in the next couple weeks. Now the pants are a design issue. The water puddled wind pushed and went past the storm flap thru the zipper and over the goretex flap behind the zipper and made my meat and veggies gasp. As it was only 4 degrees. the water was a shock. The jacket I am not to worried about. The pants I am wondering how to fix this problem. I was thinking of having the zipper replaced to a ykk water resistant like the vent zippers. Any other options. I love both the jacket is amazing.
xlthumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #363
zenjen
Go Outside

Oddometer: 2,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlthumper View Post
I have traverse pants and latitude jacket, very comfortable on both. I would like a better lower leg closure system on the traverse. It opens and burnt the velcro.
You can add snaps to the leg closures like the ones on the Badlands/Latitude pants.

Hopefully, if/when Klim redesigns the Traverse pants they will make this mod. - Velcro sucks.

http://www.klim.com/en-us/shop/moto/4051-000

zenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:14 PM   #364
xlthumper
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
i was thinking the exact same thing for the pant leg. never did like velcro, is it difficult to do? i have never done begore, i was thinking a winter project,
xlthumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #365
zenjen
Go Outside

Oddometer: 2,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlthumper View Post
i was thinking the exact same thing for the pant leg. never did like velcro, is it difficult to do? i have never done begore, i was thinking a winter project,
Should be easy. I would use the heavy duty post style snaps.

http://www.snapsource.com/faqs/introtosnaps.php

zenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:12 PM   #366
AdrianB1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
I have the Latitude pants and I am considering the jacket, but I am worried about the fit: I am tall and thin, 6'3" (1.92 cm) and just about 176 pounds (80kg). For the pants I got 34 tall and they are on the limit (1" longer would be great, but it is good enough with my Icon boots), for the jacket I would be a M size but I think the sleeves will be too short. I do not have a place to try the jacket before buying (there is one shop in the entire country importing Klim products, no Latitude M or L on stock), I would appreciate any information from people that are about my size owning a Latitude jacket.
AdrianB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:30 AM   #367
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianB1 View Post
...for the jacket I would be a M size but I think the sleeves will be too short.
There is absolutely no way the sleeves are going to be long enough in a M. I'm 6-2 and an XL has about the right length for the sleeves. Granted, I'm 220 and your lighter weight will help some, but not enough.

I'd say you need an XL and would have to live with it being pretty baggy. If your arms are short for your height, perhaps a L would work. But a M for a 6-3 person? No way.

Honestly, you're going to need some custom tailoring to get a jacket to fit well. I'd suggest you look at the Aerostich stuff - they'll add sleeve length for a small fee to either a Roadcrafter or Darien jacket and are pretty good about returns to have stuff re-sized. I like my Latitude jacket and its somewhat more stylish, but the Aerostich stuff is VERY functional and a good fit would trump style in my book.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:00 AM   #368
chrome bandit
Wide footed adventurer

Oddometer: 298
A couple more sizing thoughts...I'm 5'9", wear a size 42 Darien jacket and recently picked up the Latitude size L. The Latitude in L fit me perfectly at the neck/chest/waist, and the arms were way too long. I spent a bunch of time on the Klim web sizing chart, planning to layer underneath during the cooler months, so felt reasonably comfortable going for the L over the M. I really liked the fit and weight, and decided to do the alteration adjustments to bring both sleeves up an inch, which works much better for me. Not too happy about spending extra $ for the alternations, I am pleased with the final result.

If you're 6'2", thinking size L may small on the sleeve side, as well as the waist height. Either find someone with your sizing and the jacket, or try it on somewhere. Ah, you're in Romania. Hm. Okay then.

A little comparison commentary on the Darien / Latitude if anyone is interested...
  • I was finding the Darien to be a bit too hot in the summer months, particularly when commuting, the air flow isn't as great at 85F+, and my work clothes would be dripping. I find it awesome for winter wear - easy to layer, full length jacket that drips the rain off, waterproof pocketing. It's a great 3 season jacket.
  • So I looked in the direction of the Latitude as being a 3 season jacket to handle summer. Lighter than the Darien, good protection, Goretex, different venting. It's a jacket that stops at the waist.
  • The Darien wins on a pocket volume faceoff, there's just more of them, the Latitude has decent coverage for the basics. Not sure how much I trust the mesh pockets yet. Each has their own subtle favorite treatments: the Darien right wrist pocket is perfect for my garage door opener, the Latitude has a left wrist ID card spot where you can also jam loose change and bills.
  • If you care about looks, the Darien has the law enforcement ambiance, the Latitude is sportier. Most non-M/C people I'm around don't notice a difference - hey, looks like another black jacket.
  • Surprisely, the Latitude is a better fit for my wide neck, while the Darien velcro always felt a tad tight. The rest of the Darien handles layering quite well, while the Latitude will be snug with anything more than a single extra layer.
  • I've had a few soft get offs with the Darien, mostly with the bike almost stationary and I've rolled off onto pavement and gravel. The cordura has held perfectly, no scratches. Haven't test the Latitude yet there. I do like the lighter protection so far, as well as back coverage.
Cheers...
chrome bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:35 PM   #369
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less

Oddometer: 5,428
More sizing notes...

Got my Latitude Misano jacket today in size XL. Put it on with a light fleece and immediately thought "whoa, this thing is big!" I'm 6'2", 220 lbs, 46" chest and 38" (in Klim sizing) waist. Tried the jacket with a heavier fleece and it was better, but still had some room. The sleeves were longish, but worked well sitting and standing on the bike. Even with the waist gussets open, it rode up and poofed up the chest more than I would like when sitting on the bike.

My old Rev-it Cayenne is a XXL and is slightly smaller than the Klim XL.

So I did what any rational person would do and sucked it up and ordered a Large. I'll do a back to back comparison and send whichever one doesn't work back. I think I may be right between sizes and just have to go with the XL in the end. It will be primarily a winter jacket so there will usually be a layer or two under it. I'll try and get the wife to take some pictures of the two jackets on me for reference.

The pants are great for me. I'm a 36" in most jeans, but Klim runs small in the waist. Even with the 38", I'll have to not let the holiday eating get out of control. In fact, losing a few lb wouldn't hurt.

More next week some time.
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:52 PM   #370
scarysharkface
30-125

Oddometer: 12,956
My latitude pants are staring at me from under the Christmas tree. Wife won't let me touch them until Christmas. Not even to try them on. :(

John

Sent from my SCH-I535

The road to Hell is paved...
Save $5 on a Smugmug subscription when you use my coupon:
yBr7OofIPuOP6
'98 DR350 for sale http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1000749
scarysharkface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #371
cottonwood
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
+1 for Klim Latitude jacket & pants. I was looking for a comfortable, durable and versatile set and am very very happy. Just rode on the Ural in driving snow! Took them to Europe this summer for a GS tour and experienced snow, driving rain and 80 degree Italian days and couldn't have been more satisfied. The neck is a little stiff, but that is the only complaint and barely worth mentioning.
cottonwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:02 PM   #372
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less

Oddometer: 5,428
Got the Latitude in large today and compared it to my XL that came last week. Brace yourself for some ugly pictures!

Here I am. 6'2", 218lb this morning, 46" chest, 36-38" waist depending on the pants:

That light marmot fleece is pretty standard ride attire here in MS, and it usually comes off by the end of the day. If I had plans of adding a few more layers I might think differently about all this. A light fleece and a thermal undershirt is about the extent of the cold weather gear I need.

Here is the large:

Here is the extra large:

After trying both on I went with the large. The XL was just too baggy in the chest when seated on the bike. The shoulders on the XL let the armor fall off of my shoulders. Like I said, if I lived in Minnesota or Maine I might have gone with the XL.

Hope the pictures help somebody else make the right decision. Now it's back in the box and under the tree for the next week. God I love my wife .
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #373
GillT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Had my Latitude Misano for a couple months now and its awesome! I got the jacket and pants. My chest, waist, and weight are the same as yours Anticyclone, however I'm 5'11". I also went for the large as you did, the XL like you said was just too baggy. My inside layer for the cool weather is just a winter weight Under Armour thermal shirt and pants. When the cold really sets in, its a t-shirt and the heated Gerbings. I haven't had a chance to use it in the warmer weather yet. So far I am really happy with the gear.
GillT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #374
Xeraux OP
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,892
Rode for a couple of hours in a light rain on Sunday. My Latitude Jacket and pants kept me absolutely dry. No leaks, but it wasn't much of a real test.

The real test will be a Spring, 4-hour, 200 mile, oh-my-god-what-am-I-even-doing-riding-in-this rain.

My Klim Traverse jacket and pants kept me bone dry in one of those the last time I wore them.

Oh! Also a thumbs up for my pair of Held Warm and Dry gloves. Again, no leaks.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:24 PM   #375
divimon2000
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 587
I just picked up the pants. I'm a 32 waist 32 long and the Latitude 32 is PERFECT fit. The pants are low rise like most these days, so thats something to get used to, but they fit way better than my Dakar pants in general. Tight to get them over the hips to get to the waist, even with the side straps loose. Best winter pants I've found so far. I use City 2 pants in the summer/fall/spring. (Dakar pants if its really hot). Can't wait to be able to afford the jacket.
divimon2000 is offline   Reply With Quote