|12-08-2012, 09:30 AM||#1|
What if its a Samsquamch?
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, Colorado
Hondo's 2008 KLX450R Build
As a Colorado rider, I needed a dual sport bike that I felt confident enough to take anywhere in the mountains.
It needed to be light enough to ride hard & pick up, and I also wanted it to be in the 450 cc range.
And as I have a thing for Kawasakis, I searched for & found a nice 2008 KLX450R-
At the dealer -
The bike came with a lot of goodies like
- Cycra handguards (to be sold & replaced)
- Acerbis 4.1 gallon fuel tank
- Tusk Dual Sport Kit
- JD Jet kit properly jetted
- Easy tune flexible needle
- Smog gear removed
- Trail Tech Endurance Computer
The previous owner had installed the Tusk Dual Sport Kit and plated the bike, so that made registration simple- just go pay the tax & get the tags.
So I went to Steamboat Springs and bought the bike, then brought her home-
ready for mods-
The Preparation List
- Install an aluminum skidplate
- Remove, inspect & lube the rear suspension
- upgrade the exhaust with a Pro Moto Billet Performance Insert
- upgrade the air filter to a No-Toil system
- upgrade the hand guards to a Highway Dirt Bikes System
- upgrade the handlebar to a Pro Taper CR High Fat Bar
- upgrade the seat with a Seat Concepts foam & cover
- upgrade the ACV headlight to a DCV ADV Monster Model 60 3600 Lumen LED light
- upgrade the chain guide, roller and slide to T.M. Designworks gear
- upgrade the shifter lever to a longer Hammerhead Designs shifter lever
- upgrade the computer to a Trail Tech Striker Computer
- remove the stock speedo cable & replace it with a Zeta Meter Canceller
- install a waterproof, dual fan, radiator cooling system
- install Unabiker Radiator Guards
- install more dual sport oriented gearing
- install a Pro Moto Billet Rear Rack
- attach Wolfman Luggage gear all over the bike
Now onto the mods & upgrades!
KLRWorld.com Forums - Nighthawk Forums
"Life's an adventure, and I refuse to live a boring one."
Hondo screwed with this post 12-08-2012 at 10:40 AM
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|