Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #376
Chip Seal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,782
Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical C View Post
Why would you buy your second choice bike because a salesperson missed a trick question?

It just sounds like some wanker on a superiority trip.
Not really, you had to hear the dealer's tone of voice.
We really couldn't beleive it.
I do agree some have a thin skin.
Chip Seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #377
jules083
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,483
I'll just leave this here. It's from the local Honda dealer, guessing it was a trade-in:

Looking for a used sport bike? This SV1000S might be the one you were looking for. It has Yoshimura exhaust, fender eliminator, and has been lowered. Has 42,137 miles on it. If you are a novice rider or you are just looking for a cheaper way to commute to work, this would be the perfect bike for you! For more information, call me @ 740-598-9100 of toll free 866-779-8736. Make sure you ask for Dustin!

http://wheeling.craigslist.org/mcd/3452812986.html
jules083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #378
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,970
Nice starter bike

They are going to get someone killed.
WVhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:03 PM   #379
jules083
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVhillbilly View Post
Nice starter bike

They are going to get someone killed.
Yep. The salesman is an idiot. I've been in there a few times looking and have talked to him.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #380
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodward View Post
What's a trick question about knowing the difference between a K75 and an overweight vibrating pig with too many cylinders?
the k100 is about 12 kgs heavier than a k75 has more power more tourque and barely uses any more gas....My k100rs was very buzzy when new but after it was run in was not much worse than my mates k75s I think you protest a little too much
Old 12-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #381
Barnone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVhillbilly View Post
I honestly thought Harley wouldn't allow that too.
I have never seen a Harley dealer as anything but a stand alone store.
I haven't seen a Harley dealer that handles other brands in the same store either.
Maybe 20 years or so back the Harley dealer in Fort Myers,FL had to build a standalone store or at least that is what the sales manager told me.
Also I could have miss understood.
2012 Dong Fang DF250RTB
Barnone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:24 PM   #382
SilkMoneyLove
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,736
Multi line HDdealer

My local HD Dealer (St. Croix HD - great shop with nice people) also sells Ural and CFMoto. They used to sell Buell as well.
SilkMoneyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:27 PM   #383
slartidbartfast
Love those blue pipes

Oddometer: 4,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules083 View Post
I'll just leave this here. It's from the local Honda dealer, guessing it was a trade-in:

Looking for a used sport bike? This SV1000S might be the one you were looking for. It has Yoshimura exhaust, fender eliminator, and has been lowered. Has 42,137 miles on it. If you are a novice rider or you are just looking for a cheaper way to commute to work, this would be the perfect bike for you! For more information, call me @ 740-598-9100 of toll free 866-779-8736. Make sure you ask for Dustin!

http://wheeling.craigslist.org/mcd/3452812986.html
Dustin is a salesman at the dealership who is posting stuff on Craigslist. He (probably) has approval from the dealership to do this as it is one more potential way to get sales. The inappropriate description of the bike was almost certainly not from anyone's mind except Dustin's. He probably knows next to nothing about the SV1000S and has never ridden it. A quick call to Dustin on the matter should set things straight.
Summer 2008 UK End-to-End ride
slartidbartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #384
dwoodward
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by advNZer? View Post
the k100 is about 12 kgs heavier than a k75 has more power more tourque and barely uses any more gas....My k100rs was very buzzy when new but after it was run in was not much worse than my mates k75s I think you protest a little too much
My response roughly mirrored the sales dweeb's. Now, if the dweeb had said more or less what you did, he probably could have sold one or the other. Instead he chose to be a condescending twit.

I don't expect a bike salesperson to know every detail about every machine. But if I walk into a BMW dealer, I expect them to be able to discuss the pros and cons of the various singles, twins (both styles), triples, four and six cylinder bikes they have.

If the BMW dealer in question is the one I think it is, the only surprise is how they stayed in business as long as they did, as pissing people off as soon as they walk in the door was de rigeur there.
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #385
Vertical C
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodward View Post
What's a trick question about knowing the difference between a K75 and an overweight vibrating pig with too many cylinders?
.)
I read it that the customer really wanted a boxer, so if three cylinders is short of real power, how is two cylinders short.

But i guess, I was just saying buying the bike you really didnt want just to spite a salesman, no matter what slight it seems to be hurting you more than the salesman. The joke is on the customer.

I go in there and only half pay attention to them mostly, I am buying the bike not the salesman.
Vertical C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #386
GI_JO_NATHAN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,920
Quote:
Why would you buy your second choice bike because a salesperson missed a trick question?

It just sounds like some wanker on a superiority trip.
Where does it say it was his second choice?
Sounds like he was still deciding.
Someone quote me so he can see my response
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
GI_JO_NATHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #387
Vertical C
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by GI_JO_NATHAN View Post
Where does it say it was his second choice?
Sounds like he was still deciding.
Where does it say it wasnt? It might have been his second choice bike if he had made a rational choice rather than just get all huffy because of some idiot salesman. Just think that he is hurting himself for excluding a bike based on what a salesman said rather than dismissing the beemer on grounds of why the bike itself didnt suit him.

Really he probably decidee already that the vfr was the way to go for emotional reasons and so the trick question was so that he could tell all his mates why it was the best decision.
Vertical C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:28 PM   #388
ShardPhoenix
Наглый ублюдок

Oddometer: 769
Quote:

I am buying the bike not the salesman.

True, but the attitude of the salesman can sometimes give a picture to how that dealer treats customers on the whole. If I walked into a place and the sales guy was a complete jerk, I'd wonder if the parts/service people were jerks as well. Having to put up with shithead salesmen should never be part of the purchase process.

A salesman driving away a potential customer because he can't stand to not show off his "rapier wit" winds up putting the "joke" square on his business.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:31 PM   #389
gsd4me
90% bluff

Oddometer: 6,972
Not a dealer....

...but my mechanic. " Your clutch is almost worn out, but I know you didn't do it". He knows how easy I am on my equipment.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...uild+australia
gsd4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:17 PM   #390
jules083
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slartidbartfast View Post
Dustin is a salesman at the dealership who is posting stuff on Craigslist. He (probably) has approval from the dealership to do this as it is one more potential way to get sales. The inappropriate description of the bike was almost certainly not from anyone's mind except Dustin's. He probably knows next to nothing about the SV1000S and has never ridden it. A quick call to Dustin on the matter should set things straight.
No, he rides a lot and knows exactly what a sv1000 is. I can't remember what he rides, but he's been on sportbikes for a while. At least 4 or 5 years that I know of, probably longer.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2