User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
David Shapiro OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 353
Love me some Airhawk

Finally got an Airhawk seat on my bike, for what is probably the last ride of the season. OMFG, did my ass thank me. That really annoying numb butt feeling that I would get after 45 minutes or so, just never happened. What a relief. Just wish I had put it on years ago.

David
David Shapiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #2
eddyturn
Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,819
my ass likes mine as well.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
dddd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 447
well, your ass is thanking you, but have you noticed how your package is, now? no? you'll figure it out in a few more rides !

its because the human body is made to take a bit more pressure in some points while sitting. But airhawk evens everything out. You end up with other kind of pains. You'll know.

I basically still shift a lot, but the stingny pain after 400mi is gone, that I admit. just have to manage the time with and without the airhawk, if you can shove it in a luggage (which you likely have if you deserved an airhawk).

Oh, dont ride in rain with it. Not that it does anything to it, but think about when the sun is back and you remove the rain gear... the seat is still wet.
dddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #4
araspitfire
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 381
I had an AirHawk2, which put pressure on the tackle... I used it after the 2nd fuel stop.. then swapped it out every fuel stop therafter... extended my day enormously.

Now I have an Airhawk R.. this has a center channel with no air-pads... I'm between bikes at present so haven't tried it out yet to see how much it improves, but early next year I'll test it.

Al...
araspitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:39 AM   #5
sidetrack one
Boss STAG

Oddometer: 5,103
Turns a DR into a mega mile eater

sidetrack one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:24 AM   #6
PeterW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddd View Post
well, your ass is thanking you, but have you noticed how your package is, now? no? you'll figure it out in a few more rides !
Riding on dirt roads isn't fun either, it's like having someone punching you in the nuts continually - not QUITE hard enough to make you cry - but close.

Of coarse, if that's your thing you are good on all fronts.

Pete
PeterW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:31 AM   #7
worwig
Lost in Georgia

Oddometer: 1,059
I bought a pair for me and the wife. We both hated them. I guess after a few decades of sitting on hard seats, we didn't like the difference. Luckily we found someone to buy them.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #8
dddd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by araspitfire View Post
Now I have an Airhawk R.. this has a center channel with no air-pads... I'm between bikes at present so haven't tried it out yet to see how much it improves, but early next year I'll test it.
I wonder if I can glue down a couple center cells to emulate that...With a seringe then patching the hole. ah these diy guys...
dddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #9
hugemoth
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,761
The airhawk didn't suit my butt either. I need to be able to shift around in the seat to to put pressure on different areas, the airhawk makes that impossible.
hugemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:16 PM   #10
watchmen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
I loved my airhawk when I first got it. It greatly increased my riding capabilities. I had tried the walmart ATV cushion and a sheepskin in the past and neither really suited me. The airhawk made everything all better. It took awhile to get used to in the twisties and long downhill sections. If I was going to do that riding for awhile, I mostly took it off and put it back on when I was done. About half a year ago I got a custom seat made and I haven't used the airhawk since then. I found the custom seat and sheepskin was my favorite combo but it was around 600 dollars. For 100 dollars, I loved my airhawk and recommend it to anyone that isn't wanting to spend the money on a custom seat.
watchmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:23 PM   #11
RDT953
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 275
Cool2 Mix and Match

I use the hawk with the channel down the middle, I experimented a bit with the pressure until I found what worked for me and then I covered it with a custom made sheepskin cover, bliss. I can ride for hours with this arrangement.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #12
Flashdog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 220
I've had two Airharks now. They are worth every dime to me.
Flashdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:27 AM   #13
AMSBIKER
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Ditto for me, I only use it on long rides thou. Takes a bit of fiddling about to get it right. Main error is to have too much air in it.

AB
AMSBIKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:55 AM   #14
buls4evr
No Marks....

Oddometer: 2,318
Grossly ugly but pretty effective IMO. Who cares how ugly they really are on a WeeStrom anyway?Take them off when you wash the bike. They trap water underneath like mad.
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:08 PM   #15
Blindstitch
Supertanker Captain

Oddometer: 10
I used the Airhawk for the test period and then returned it. On my Cx650 Custom it only extended the riding pleasure by maybe 30 minutes and then there was no more.

I eventually bought a Gl650I Silverwing and used the airhawk for a week and found that I didn't need it. But since I took a train to pick up the bike and a 1000 mile ride home I used it since I didn't have a place to put it. The airhawk worked fine. Seemed like that whole trip I got caught in the rain. The good thing about the airhawk is you don't really get a wet behind. Water might pool up under you but you're not in contact. If the rain clears just wipe the seat down and keep going. Everything will air dry.

It is a great product for those who need it. And the Air Hawk R might even be a better model with the extra room and no pressure on the package.
ATGATT makes riding a bike like a sled easier.
Blindstitch is offline   Reply With Quote