ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 07:08 AM   #54961
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansz400 View Post
There is no good riding around here but if you make it this way let me know and we can do lunch some place.
I will text you. My distance of travel depends on the rain. My cold weather gear isn't very waterproof or even water resistant. The pants are great but the coat leaks on the arms. Hmmmm.....bread sacks and duct tape....

Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:49 AM   #54962
rxcrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
I'm not so sure about the facetime thing. I've met MeefZah in person and yet he started shit on here about videos with me and then a bunch of others joined in. They think they are thread curmudgeons are can say whatever they want without regard to whom it may offend. MeefZah has pissed someone off so badly they left the thread and vowed to never come back. He thankfully has left me alone but his buddies are a different story. I've also met Mikef5000 a couple of times and even let him ride my WRR but he still says shit on here that he thinks is funny but I don't.

I can say that I don't want to meet Whitey "alone" with 100% certainty. That guy is scary enough online and has a very short fuse. In a group might be a different story. But I doubt we would have much to say to each other.

The jury is still out on the others. I'm not convinced there is a major difference between someone's online personality and in person one. They may not say shit to my face in person but they will behind my back and those are not good "friends" to have.
So much for not making it personal. You are acting like it is you vs. the ADV in Ohio gang. Unless people are sending you harassing PMs, it seems to me that every time things cool down for a bit, you post something directed at someone to stir the pot and then wonder why you get smacked. Its like watching my 8 year old sucker punch my 13 year old and then cry about getting shoved to the ground. And yeah, he keeps on doing it too. That said, the last round started with your sense of humor not taking into account the law enforcement presence in the thread and whether or not they might enjoy being referred to as pigs. And yes, you lit a short fuse on Adam, but all that blew up was a lady finger - not all that painful. You could have ended it with something like, "OK - not the best caption, but one hell of a punishment for not watching where he was going." Instead we got, "Fuck yeah! I pissed off Adam White! Mission Accomplished." Maybe that was your sense of humor again, but it seemed like a pretty direct statement that you like to stir shit up. From my perspective, things had been going pretty smoothly for what a month or two, friendly banter, not a whole lot of "indy, your videos suck" type comments. only one remark about trying to get more views than buildit has, and I think everyone let that slide without digging up the past. Then you get one warning shot from Adam and you start stirring. Then you wonder why you are getting flogged. I give you a little helpful advice and instead of taking any of it, you dredge up people from past altercations, like Meef. You obviously enjoy this thread, or you wouldn't keep coming back despite the trauma. Try taking the warning shots as advice instead of aggression and chill out.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:05 AM   #54963
mpenner
Heavy Cruiser

Oddometer: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post

I can say that I don't want to meet Whitey "alone" with 100% certainty. That guy is scary enough online and has a very short fuse.
I don't think you have much to worry about. Whitey, much like Sasquatch or unicorns, is a legend. Sure there are people that claim to have met him and maybe even a blurry photo or two exist. There are numerous stories about his exploits and some hilarious person that keeps his on-line persona going.

Despite all of this "evidence", he simply does not exist in real life. I have tried for years to meet him, but every time he "just left a few minutes ago", or he "came 5 minutes after you left", or "Sorry, I swear he was just over in the woods a couple of seconds ago".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
As for Whitey stepping on heads....I've seen it in person, and the other guy was pretty big, and the other guy ended up pretty bloody......
Yeah, I saw that "Messin' with Sasquatch" commercial too. Funny stuff! Those and the "Most Interesting man in the World" are the only ones that I don't skip.

2001 KLR 650
2003 V-Strom DL1000
mpenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:14 AM   #54964
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,803
(wipes sleep from eyes)

What's going on in here? Ooooh! Drama!

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:42 AM   #54965
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
It seems like we get into a bitch fest about once a month. Perhaps.... http://theneave.com/male-pms-it-does-exist/

This post was a joke. It was meant to be funny, and not a personal attack on any one person or group of persons.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:14 AM   #54966
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
(wipes sleep from eyes)

I saw this and laughed so hard my dogs thought I was upset and ran.
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:16 AM   #54967
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpenner View Post
I don't think you have much to worry about. Whitey, much like Sasquatch or unicorns, is a legend....
I love it. It is really odd how we have never met yet. I promise you aren't missing much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxcrider View Post
So much for not making it personal..
Well put and very observant. I thought I might have been the only one that seen it that way. Thank you for your thoughts on this and support.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
(wipes sleep from eyes)

Great, now I am hungry for popcorn!

Edited to add...yes I am going to go ride eventually. I had to get my run in first and then put the Christmas tree up with the kiddos. Carry on....
Old 12-09-2012, 09:19 AM   #54968
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer: 23,116
new subject and indy can film it

One of the Australians that I met in india is coming to visit in April. Similar to what sqott asked awhile back but from a point t of view of someone that has never been to the US. He is going to stay here for about a week then head to Washington DC then to new York city. I'm thinking very American. Thought about asking swing to set up a shooting deal since there aren't many guns in oz. Maybe a major league baseball game in Pittsburgh, tour a steel mill, check out the amish, things almost on a touristy scale that we might take for granted. I have someone that can give him a tour of the statehouse. Thought about asking devil dog to get us out on lake Erie, a kayak trip down one of the rivers. I'll have to do some local stuff also like Green's Tea Room, the agriculture we have here, maybe a meth lab or 2. There will be some motorcycles involved so maybe an overnight trip to WV.

What would you show someone within a 300 mile radius that has never been to the US before.

And yes Indy can film it

daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #54969
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
What would you show someone within a 300 mile radius that has never been to the US before.

And yes Indy can film it
AMA museum and Iron Pony would seem to be obvious local spots if the weather is poor one day. You could easily swing by Vances in Columbus to show off the firearms sales industry hard at work in the hood.
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:28 AM   #54970
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,803
Quote:
The touristy, but still-should-be-seen stuff: USAF Museum, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

More than happy to host a "blow shit up cause that's merica!" day, btw.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:29 AM   #54971
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer: 23,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
AMA museum and Iron Pony would seem to be obvious local spots if the weather is poor one day. You could easily swing by Vances in Columbus to show off the firearms sales industry hard at work in the hood.
AMA good call. Check
rock & roll hall of fame. Check
blow shit up at swings. Check
vances,never been there but I bet it would be cool for him to see.

daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #54972
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,594
Vances off of Cleveland?
Danjal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #54973
Badjuju
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 274
Quote:
One of the seedy strip joints mentioned earlier in this thread? Plus, I heard somewhere--prolly on the internet--that Aussies like beer...
Some people will tell you that slow is good, and it may be on some days, but I am here to tell you that fast is better... Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... Hunter S Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature
Badjuju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #54974
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Blow shit up day???

I haven't gone shooting a single time this year , which is making it hard to justify the fact that I want more guns. Damn, I wish I would've thought of this a couple hours ago...

Dammit now you got me thinking about buying guns again... off to scour the internets.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #54975
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Quote:
AMA good call. Check
rock & roll hall of fame. Check
blow shit up at swings. Check
vances,never been there but I bet it would be cool for him to see.
Fox Hole

Seriously though, this is the true spirit of ADV and thanks for throwing us in the right direction Goonie. I have little to offer but keep me in mind if you think of anything I can do to help.