Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 578
Huge discounts on Powerlet heated gear at ADV Motorrad - till December 15!

SALE EXTENDED THROUGH 11:59PM EDT DECEMBER 16TH!

If you've been considering getting heated gear, there's no better time! The roads are still clear enough to ride (even if the temperatures are falling fast!) and a heated jacket liner and/or heated gloves will let you get every last mile out of the 2012 season.

We've recently signed on to carry Powerlet, including heated clothing, wiring kits, adapters, and other products. To help kick things off, we're running a huge sale on all heated jacket liners and heated glove liner kits. From now through December 15th, we're offering additional discounts off the sale price on our website and FREE SHIPPING!

To be able to get the prices this low, I need to place one large order with Powerlet. Any orders placed on our webstore from now through December 15th will be added to the master order that I will place with Powerlet on December 17th. Depending on how fast I can get the product from Powerlet, there's an outside chance you might even get it before Christmas.

You can activate the discount by registering on our webstore at www.advmotorrad.com and entering the coupon code "ADV15" at checkout. You will see a charge for shipping as you proceed through the order process, but it will remove the cost from the final order total. Size availability in both jacket liners and gloves seems to be pretty good at the moment, and I'll keep you posted if I hear of any shortages.

Any questions, please contact me via email at sales AT advmotorrad DOT com or PM me here.

Thanks again!

Check out the ADV Motorrad vendor thread for great deals on adventure gear!

rotaryracer screwed with this post 12-15-2012 at 10:49 AM
rotaryracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:13 PM   #2
Moto Mikey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 440
I'm very interested. Is the Free shipping offer only good for CONUS? (I live in AK).

Also, Please add the Heated glove liners (minus wiring kit) to your inventory. No need for the wiring kit if you order the jacket and gloves.
Moto Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #3
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Hey Moto Mikey - couldn't agree more! I got an update from Powerlet that as of 12/7, they're no longer selling the PHG-410 glove liners without the controller kit (PHG-411). Not really sure what the reason is, since as you rightly called out you end up with a redundant controller kit. I'll talk with my rep again on Monday and see if there's anything I can do - if so, I'll re-enable the product on the webstore immediately!

USPS rates don't seem too horrible to Alaska, so what the heck....free shipping to Alaska!

Old 12-08-2012, 03:53 PM   #4
Moto Mikey
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotaryracer View Post
Hey Moto Mikey - couldn't agree more! I got an update from Powerlet that as of 12/7, they're no longer selling the PHG-410 glove liners without the controller kit (PHG-411). Not really sure what the reason is, since as you rightly called out you end up with a redundant controller kit. I'll talk with my rep again on Monday and see if there's anything I can do - if so, I'll re-enable the product on the webstore immediately!

USPS rates don't seem too horrible to Alaska, so what the heck....free shipping to Alaska!
Awesome. Keep me (us) updated.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:35 AM   #5
midengineracer
Lost, with a GPS

Oddometer: 1,285
Question Military guys too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotaryracer View Post

Time to be cheeky, how about free (USPS) shipping to APO? Cheaper than Alaska, but you will have to do a customs form...

I need some heating gear for this cold, damp winter!
2010 H-D XR1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by 685
The best accessory for a KLR is another bike for riding offroad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-Twin
I need to start riding my bicycle more so I can justify a cool new one.
midengineracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:11 AM   #6
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Shoot me a city/zip code and I'll see what I can do! I'm actually sending a full Holan pannier system to an APO in Belgrade, Serbia, so this will probably be easier.

I'm inclined to help, not only as thanks for your service to our country, but because you're a fellow Scrambler owner....

Old 12-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #7
midengineracer
Lost, with a GPS

Oddometer: 1,285
Scrambler owners are the best
And it appears you have the fast, shiny black also

My city/ zip is APO, AE 09459, Thanks!
2010 H-D XR1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by 685
The best accessory for a KLR is another bike for riding offroad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-Twin
I need to start riding my bicycle more so I can justify a cool new one.
midengineracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #8
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Thanks Thomas - just checked USPS and it seems reasonable enough...free shipping it is!

Actually, that's my Thruxton tank badge in my avatar....my Scrambler is the ultra-quick Roulette Green with Silver.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #9
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

And the details...

Powerlet PHG-901 Heated Liner with Wireless Dual Controller -
  • Retail Price - $349.95
  • ADV Motorrad Sale Price (Before Discount) - $***.**
  • Final Price - (Add to cart and apply the discount code to see your final price!)

Powerlet's new rapidFIRe™ Heated Jacket Liner with CNC (Carbon Nano Core) heating uses Far Infrared technology to provide fast, deep, soothing warmth. Now the warmest liner on the market at 105 watts! Built in stuff sack and no annoying heating wires of any kind! Controller sold separately.

Stay Warm While Riding

Powerlet®'s 105 watt RapidFIRe™ heated jacket liners pack down to a very small size to fit on the bike when not in use. Not only the warmest heated clothing available, but our ProForm stretch panels also make them the most comfortable. We recommend using a temperature controller with the RapidFIRe™ 105 watt jacket liners.

The RapidFIRe™ Advantage

The most unique feature is the heating system that we incorporate into every liner. Using the latest in Carbon Nanotube technology, Powerlet's Carbon Nano Core panels heat quickly and evenly without the hot spots or long heat times other conventional wired garments require. Additionally, we are the ONLY manufacturer to offer a dual heat setting that permits you to switch the total consumption to not exceed 60 watts. This means those of you who have bikes or vehicles that do not have the electrical output capacity to power a traditional or competitors liner can rest assured that the RapidFIRe™ line will get powered without draining your battery and leaving you stranded. Additionally, we once again incorporated the ProForm™ stretch panels that provide three key advantages: non-binding movement, maximum heat transfer and simple sizing. While all three are very important, maximum heat transfer is perhaps the most important. For maximum heat transfer the heated garments must be close to the body. A long sleeve T-Shirt is recommended under the heated liners. A heavier layer can be worm over the garment. Other heated clothing manufacturers provided many sizes to attempt to create a snug fit. This often leads to a more complicated purchase and the potential improper fit if your weight changes.

These jacket liners are lighter than our previous models and again, do not incorporate any of the batting or insulation our competitors are required to have. A thinner liner means longer wearing comfort beneath any type of riding jacket.

RapidFIRe™ 105 Watt Jacket Liner Features
  • Dual Heat 105 / 60 Watt convertibility by a simple cable disconnect
  • Wind and water resistant Polyurethane coated nylon outer shell
  • ProForm stretch panels provide comfort and simple standard sizing.
  • Ultra thin design provides comfort and small storage.
  • Comfortable heated Polartec fleece collar wicks moisture.
  • Zippered pockets manage power cables.
  • Handy built in stuff sack allows for storage on the vehicle.
  • Unique sleeve finishing reduces bulk around wrists.
  • Glove connectors are located at the ends of the sleeves.
  • Heated on the front, back arms and collar - Full heat coverage
  • Quick heat time of 20 seconds or less on the jacket liners
Ordering a Heated Jacket Liner

Three parts are required for heated clothing: the power outlet on the vehicle, the temperature controller and the heated garment. Simply put, the temperature controller and cables connect the garment to the power outlet.

Powerlet offers the widest selection of power outlets, many designed specifically for your vehicle. Our temperature controllers and cabling selection is also the best in the business. Combined, these offerings provide our customers with the ability to make either a quick, inexpensive, universal installation or a fully custom installation designed specifically for their vehicle.
  • See the size chart for a proper fitting garment.
  • Next, select either a Powerlet or coax power outlet. The power outlet attaches to the vehicle and provides the power for the heated clothing garment.
  • Finally determine which type of temperature controller you prefer. The choices can also be seen in the "Accessories" tab on this page. Select the simple On/Off switch or one of our variable controllers. Many come pre-packaged with the Powerlet or coax cables to plug into the power outlet.
Designed For A Lifestyle

Powerlet designs heated garments for people who rely on their heated clothing for both comfort and safety. Like our customers, we enjoy a lifestyle utilizing convenient modern electronics and wear our heated gear for commutes to work and trips across the country.

Built For A Lifetime

Powerlet seeks the highest quality materials and craftsmanship. All of our heated clothing products are developed and tested in the USA by people who ride regularly. Quality components and attention to detail ensure Powerlet products resist wear and corrosion to last a lifetime. All Powerlet RapidFIRe™ heated clothing carries a lifetime warranty on the electrics and a lifetime warranty on manufacturing defects.

rotaryracer screwed with this post 11-29-2013 at 11:21 AM
Old 12-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #10
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto Mikey View Post
Awesome. Keep me (us) updated.
Hey Mike - talked with my Powerlet rep today and the PHG-410s are no more. She was actually surprised they were still showing on the website (and still are as of now), but they are moving forward solely with the glove/controller combo kit. The upside to this is that you can use the gloves separately from the jacket liner, or use as planned with the gloves running off the jacket liner wireless controller.

You can add the items to the shopping cart at www.advmotorrad.com and apply the discount code (one you're logged in/registered on the webstore) to see your killer inmate-only price.

Any questions, please let me know.

Thanks!

rotaryracer screwed with this post 12-11-2012 at 02:51 AM
Old 12-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #11
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Speaking of the PHG-411s....

Powerlet PHG-411 RapidFIRe Heated Glove Liner Kit -
  • Retail Price - $149.95
  • ADV Motorrad Sale Price (Before Discount) - $***.**
  • Final Price - (Add to cart and apply the discount code to see your final price!)

Powerlet's RapidFIRe™ Heated Glove Liner Kit is the surefire solution for cold hands. A complete package with everything you need to hook up to your vehicle, Glove Liners, 5 Position Digital Controller with glove leads, and Powerlet® Lanyard. Includes controller.

Stay Warm While Riding

Designed for commuting, touring and extending your riding season, Powerlet® heated gloves will provide years of pleasure. Style, comfort, protection, and warmth. Perfect.

Performance Guarantee

Every heated glove goes through our multi-point inspection process before earning the privilege of carrying the Powerlet name. We inspect internal wiring, connectors, bench meter amperage and resistance testing before labeling and packaging our gloves. Details matter; we believe in delivering you the highest quality product for your hard-earned money.

Low Power Alternative

Perfect for all motorcycles, even those without much excess electrical capacity to power appliances. ProForm heated gloves gloves are rated at 24 watts per pair. Stay warm and stay safe while minimizing your electrical consumption.

rotaryracer screwed with this post 11-29-2013 at 11:20 AM
Old 12-13-2012, 02:49 AM   #12
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Here's a great review on WebBikeWorld of the Powerlet RapidFIRe heated jacket and glove liners (click image to continue):

And their summary:

Quote:
The new Powerlet RapidFIRe heated clothing line represents an innovative and completely effective solution to an age-old problem: how to keep warm, comfortable and safe while doing what we all love -- riding on two wheels.

I have never worn anything that works as well as the RapidFIRe heated clothing to keep me warm and alert.

If the Proform heated jacket liner and RapidFIRe heated glove liners represent what is forthcoming under this new Powerlet line of heated clothing, I’ll take more of it in a heartbeat.
And a review from AdventureBikeRider.com, rating Powerlet a "10 of 10", beating all other brands reviewed! Click our icon to link to the PDF article:

While we will still have great prices on Powerlet, the additional discounts end December 15th when the bulk order is submitted. Get your heated gear now and extend your riding season while saving a few bucks! And hey, with the holidays coming and your significant other asking what you'd like as a gift, wouldn't this be a great link to forward to him or her?

Thanks again....

rotaryracer screwed with this post 12-13-2012 at 03:00 AM
Old 12-13-2012, 05:20 AM   #13
ThunderPig
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
See the size chart for a proper fitting garment.

Next, select either a Powerlet or coax power outlet. The power outlet attaches to the vehicle and provides the power for the heated clothing garment.

Finally determine which type of temperature controller you prefer. The choices can also be seen in the "Accessories" tab on this page. Select the simple On/Off switch or one of our variable controllers. Many come pre-packaged with the Powerlet or coax cables to plug into the power outlet.

I'm new to heated gear but was confused by this instruction and what I found on your site. If I order the jacket set-up, do I need to purchase any other components for it to work on my bike?

Thanks
ThunderPig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:30 AM   #14
Screzzy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
I'm having trouble adding the gloves to my cart. After selecting size and clicking "add to cart", the text "size required" appers below the sizing menu and nothing is added to the cart. This happens with multiple size gloves, but I had no problem adding the jacket. Any ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind, problem solved. It may have been because I was trying to order from my phone.

Screzzy screwed with this post 12-13-2012 at 07:26 AM Reason: problem solved.
Screzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #15
Moto Mikey
Gnarly Adventurer

Was trying to hold out on ordering heated gear till next riding season, but the price was too good to pass up!

Ordered a Powerlet heated wireless jacket.