User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #11
tuffstuff
Livin' Life

Oddometer: 512
You are exactly right LB. we all have different "needs" and every type of riding creates different needs on top of each ladies individual needs.

Anyway, my suggestion for underwear only works for dual sport and dirt riding. I have started wearing bike shorts and for long rides, bike shorts with padding. You don't wear any underwear with them and if you buy the right pair they are super comfortable, no riding up. I wear them all year round. They make them with different thicknesses etc.

I am not comfortable unless I wash my hair every single day too. I was blessed or cursed with the greasy genes and none of you want to see me after more than a day without washing it. It will smell in my helmet and feel and look awful the second day, so rather than carrying enough shampoo with me, I pick up the travel sizes at gas stations every couple days. We all have our "thing". Other than shampoo I can pretty much rough it with everything else though.

My very first cross country trip a few years ago on a Harley with my boyfriend,, I started out with far too much "stuff". I ended up shipping a bunch of stuff I brought home. I didn't realize until I got started just how little I really needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
Since the topic is underwear perhaps there are some good ideas out there for underwear that doesn't ride up. I have a round (fat) butt and finding underwear that doesn't ride up seems impossible.

The woman that suggested a tight leather jacket with no bra I'm guessing is a road rider and the needs are very different when you are riding roads rather than dirt. I don't know anyone that wears leather riding dirt. Even with road riding there is no way I'm going without a bra because it would be uncomfortable and at some point I will want to take that jacket off and there is no way anyone want to see that.

Each person's comfort level is different when it comes to traveling by motorcycles. Some are fine without the "luxuries" and others are miserable and consider them necessities.