Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 10:05 AM   #3106
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz View Post
Hey Scorpion, any chance to can post a photo of the underneath side of your seat? Would like to get an idea how much extra material they needed to add.

Anyone have a Seat Concepts cover, and which would be the closest to the feel of the original cover?

I do !!!
I will post a pic later today !!!!
I love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 11:36 AM   #3107
BogeyMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 443
Question Intake fart?

Here's a [hopefully] quick question for the collected wisdom that is this thread...

My FE570 has been running a little odd lately. Starts fine (rarely, if ever, needs the choke - even on colder mornings), but then it'll idle for a bit, and I'll get a loud fart into the intake (with a nice puff too, when the seat's off) and it'll cut-out. It'll do this several times until it's really heated up. Sometimes subsequent starts take a few seconds on the magic button.

Other than that, everything runs fine.

I suspect it's time for a valve check/adjust... but don't know what slightly out-of-spec valves might cause this behavior (and I really don't know if they are out of spec, as I haven't checked yet).

Any other suggestions?
http://photos.boggis.com
BogeyMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:01 PM   #3108
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,200
I have the Seat Concepts low seat on my 570 and the OEM cover stretched easily to cover it with no additional material needed. Looks great, but the low SC seat is pretty thin as far as padding goes, I definitely feel the seat pan on hard hits. I just sent another OEM seat off to Renazco to have true long distance seat made, I will report on the difference after Christmas when I get the Renazco back.

On the fuel tank post seeing that made my day after a frustrating day of Efing up my R1200GSA trying to do a simple oil change.. I really shouldnt be allowed to handle tools
Old 12-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #3109
Sproat Sport
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Continuing on with my display lights problem (high beam, low fuel and signal)....I checked the little bulbs and they are fine. so...don't know what to do now.
Sproat Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:31 PM   #3110
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,200
Here are some pics of the Seat Concepts low seat foam, with the original cover. I brought it to an upholsterer because I thought he would have to add some material around the edges to get it to fit.. but he didnt need to... If I had known that I would have done it myself... like I did on the DRZ in the background. You can also see the laminated error code list I taped to the bottom of the seat.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:16 PM   #3111
Gargoyle
Trail Jester

Oddometer: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
I just sent another OEM seat off to Renazco to have true long distance seat made, I will report on the difference after Christmas when I get the back.
I am interested to hear about the differences between the Renazco and SC.

I was trail boss for our fall Dual Sport event riding 150 miles each day that weekend. I really liked the comfort of the Renazco and so did my butt.

Berkshire Trail Riders on Facebook or follow me on Twitter
Gargoyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #3112
Rockcat
LDA

Oddometer: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
I am interested to hear about the differences between the Renazco and SC.

I was trail boss for our fall Dual Sport event riding 150 miles each day that weekend. I really liked the comfort of the Renazco and so did my butt.

I have a seat concepts on my FX. It is a very nice production seat. I had a Renazco on my 950 ADV. Full custom seat set up for height, weight of the rider; not an apples to apples comparison. For the price, the seat concepts is great and all I need for my Berg.
Rockcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:34 AM   #3113
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyMan View Post
And, in that thread there's this tantalizing picture:

Looks like they're a lot lighter in color than the originals. Personally, I like that.

Perfect. If I keep the berg I will go that route for the extra fuel needed for longer trail rides around here.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #3114
PABiker
Anywhere but here

Oddometer: 3,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sproat Sport View Post
Continuing on with my display lights problem (high beam, low fuel and signal)....I checked the little bulbs and they are fine. so...don't know what to do now.
Most likely all those lights are tied to the same ground, look for the common color wire from each light and see where they go. KTM typically uses brown for the common and they like to tie them together with a crimp connection before attaching to a frame point. Look for a break in that connection.
PABiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #3115
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380
Anyone know where I can get the colored housings for the the 4 indicators that surround the computer? I was disassembling my computer protector and managed to break TWO of the little housings that the bulbs sit in when trying to remove them. Anyone know where I can get them? Searching kept coming up with the actual bulbs themselves.
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #3116
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 5,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheFallen View Post
Anyone know where I can get the colored housings for the the 4 indicators that surround the computer? I was disassembling my computer protector and managed to break TWO of the little housings that the bulbs sit in when trying to remove them. Anyone know where I can get them? Searching kept coming up with the actual bulbs themselves.
Bergparts.com can usually get anything Husaberg (or KTM). You have to hunt down the KTM part#'s in a microfiche like here at elitektm, or in your Spare Parts manual that comes with new FE Bergs if you have that.

I have experience with Bergparts and they carry a lot in stock but likely they will have to be ordered from the KTM warehouse anyway, which any KTM or Husaberg dealer can also do.

cyborg screwed with this post 12-11-2012 at 11:01 PM Reason: added parts list
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:41 AM   #3117
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380
Thanks Cyborg! Just what I was looking for but couldn't find.
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:59 PM   #3118
WetSideRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,144
'10 FE 390 Idle Issue

I just reassembled my bike after a major rebuild (don't ask). It starts and runs fine with the idle adjustment screw pulled out, but dies immediately after the screw is pushed in. Before the rebuild it started flawlessly even in winter with no idle adjustment needed.

I can get the bike to continue running with the screw pushed in, but it sounds starved for air or fuel, running ragged. I think I smell a bit of unburned gas, which would indicate a rich condition, I'd guess.

Any ideas? No FI codes come up. Injector was recently replaced.

Oh, and an odd thing with the injector is that it was installed by the dealer with two seal rings (p/n 75041023010). I took one out when I reassembled, since the parts diagram only shows one. Did I do that wrong?
WetSideRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #3119
ribmtrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
FI repair thoughts

I am ready to buy a new '11 fe390, my only reservation being that the closet dealer is 5 hrs away, and having a FI issue. Can I troubleshoot/reset the FI system w/o a scan tool? How about changing fuel mapping? Other than these unknowns with the FI I am ready to pick one up!
Tim
ribmtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #3120
Tee2
I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribmtrider View Post
I am ready to buy a new '11 fe390, my only reservation being that the closet dealer is 5 hrs away, and having a FI issue. Can I troubleshoot/reset the FI system w/o a scan tool? How about changing fuel mapping? Other than these unknowns with the FI I am ready to pick one up!
Tim
I bet I was thinking about buying the same bike you are. (About 3 hours away from me) If I didn't need to replace one of our cars it would be sitting in my garage now.

From what I heard and read most of the FI problems where in the earlier models. The later 2011 had fewer FI problems.

If it is the same dealer I talked to they said they would work with you and send you warrantied parts. Sounds like they sell a quite a few bikes to people that don't line in the area. That doesn't help you with remapping though. Maybe a KTM dealer would do that for you. Funny thing my local KTM shop said they would not work on them of sell parts for them.

I wish you where closer to me and you get it I would like to ride one.

Todd

Tee2 is offline   Reply With Quote