thinning the herd.

Oddometer: 1,838
Spammit!!! missed the sale!!
Old 11-23-2012, 08:42 AM   #32
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,404
Crash Test Video

I wanted to share one of test videos I made for the Colorado Pant. This video was done to show the durability during a crash on pavement and uses a prototype of the current Colorado Pant.

A wooden frame of 4x4s and 2x4s was made inside the pant and then packing filled in the voids. The test was pretty simple, throw the pants out the back of the truck at 45mph This was done on three separate occasions with the same pair of pants to show the durability of the fabric and construction.

Check out the video.............(sorry not the best editing)

We have 10% off to all Advrider.com members with coupon code "advrider", free shipping with purchase of pants and a jersey and also offer additional discounts for military, police and fire.

Westfest 2013
Canyonlands Adventure Ride

COXR650L screwed with this post 11-24-2012 at 06:47 AM
COXR650L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #33
wolftrax
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 367
thumbs up

Received my second pair of Dobinky Colorado pants today. The first pair I received didn't fit so I called Ben and he immediately shipped a second pair to me asap. I am impressed by the customer service. I wear a 36R in the KLIM pants and the Colorado in Large fits exactly the same. I am 6'!" with a 36 waist and a 33" inseam.

Went for a ride with them wearing knee braces and overall I m very pleased with the comfort. These pants are roomy in the knee, thigh and crotch. There was no pulling or tight areas while seated, even though I expected this as these pants have no stretch panels in the knee area, very comfy!

The cargo pockets in the front are very easy to access and all the zippers work like butter. It was a cool ride today so I didn't check out the ventilation, but looking at the positioning of the zippers these babies will flow a ton aof air.

A couple of things I would like to have seen are hip pads as well as a little more length in the legs.
If you're looking for a solid, well built, comfortable riding pant built in the USA give Dobinky a shot.
wolftrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:22 AM   #34
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftrax View Post
Received my second pair of Dobinky Colorado pants today. The first pair I received didn't fit so I called Ben and he immediately shipped a second pair to me asap. I am impressed by the customer service. I wear a 36R in the KLIM pants and the Colorado in Large fits exactly the same. I am 6'!" with a 36 waist and a 33" inseam.

Went for a ride with them wearing knee braces and overall I m very pleased with the comfort. These pants are roomy in the knee, thigh and crotch. There was no pulling or tight areas while seated, even though I expected this as these pants have no stretch panels in the knee area, very comfy!

The cargo pockets in the front are very easy to access and all the zippers work like butter. It was a cool ride today so I didn't check out the ventilation, but looking at the positioning of the zippers these babies will flow a ton aof air.

A couple of things I would like to have seen are hip pads as well as a little more length in the legs.
If you're looking for a solid, well built, comfortable riding pant built in the USA give Dobinky a shot.
Thanks for the comments, Im glad they fit better

We are looking at adding padding in the future.

Thanks for the support, ride safe
Ben

Westfest 2013
Old 11-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #35
reddirtjoe
thinning the herd.

Oddometer: 1,838
Ordered on Thanksgiving night (Thursday)
Recieved today!!!
Great job shipping!!!
Old 11-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #36
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddirtjoe View Post
Ordered on Thanksgiving night (Thursday)
Recieved today!!!
Great job shipping!!!
Thanks for the order, I hope you enjoy them!

Westfest 2013
Old 11-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #37
rtadlock
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,235
Hey Guys,

Now that I've got 3 or 4 rides in the Colorado pants, I wanted to share my thoughts. I'm 5'11 and 165lbs and I'm reviewing the medium sized pants.

So far so good. I really like the style/looks, and the fit is nice. The only thing I miss from my Klim pants is the stretchy material in the crotch. It makes the pants feel less restrictive. My buddy liked the tensioning straps on the bottom of the legs, but I prefer to just use the velcro that's built into the legs. Guess that's a choice each rider will make. Leather on both legs is the way to go and they seem warm enough (I've been wearing a base layer under them too). The zippers are buttery smooth and they never snag the inner material. That's my favorite thing on the pants. You nailed that. The vents are perfect. If it were me, I'd ditch the little pockets on the outside of the cargo pockets and the tensioning straps on the bottom of the legs to cut cost. Also, in rev two, maybe add a stretching crotch or something. Overall, I really like them, and my Klims are no my backup pants. Quality stuff.

Here's some pictures:

Untitled

Untitled

I could probably fit a small just fine:

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
Old 11-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #38
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtadlock View Post
Hey Guys,

Now that I've got 3 or 4 rides in the Colorado pants, I wanted to share my thoughts. I'm 5'11 and 165lbs and I'm reviewing the medium sized pants.

So far so good. I really like the style/looks, and the fit is nice. The only thing I miss from my Klim pants is the stretchy material in the crotch. It makes the pants feel less restrictive. My buddy liked the tensioning straps on the bottom of the legs, but I prefer to just use the velcro that's built into the legs. Guess that's a choice each rider will make. Leather on both legs is the way to go and they seem warm enough (I've been wearing a base layer under them too). The zippers are buttery smooth and they never snag the inner material. That's my favorite thing on the pants. You nailed that. The vents are perfect. If it were me, I'd ditch the little pockets on the outside of the cargo pockets and the tensioning straps on the bottom of the legs to cut cost. Also, in rev two, maybe add a stretching crotch or something. Overall, I really like them, and my Klims are no my backup pants. Quality stuff.

Thanks for the review and support! Im glad you like the pants.

Ben

Westfest 2013
Old 12-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #39
Rodzilla
Horny as Hell

Oddometer: 1,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtadlock View Post
that. Also, in rev two, maybe add a stretching crotch or something.

I think adding a mesh/stretchy crotch would move these away from the "3-4 season" pants Ben was shooting for. Great Idea for when it's warm, but the panel (at least on my other pants w/a panel) flows a lot of air (again great when it's warm, less so when it gets down around 30 degrees)
Certified SAE J1287 sound tester
Rodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:16 AM   #40
garrett
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 427
In the boot, Colorado?

Hi Ben
Are you condering an in the boot pant based on the Colorado design? Thats something I'm looking for.

Garrett
Old 12-08-2012, 11:54 AM   #41
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrett View Post
Hi Ben
Are you condering an in the boot pant based on the Colorado design? Thats something I'm looking for.

Garrett
Hey Garrett,

It will happen, eventually. I really doubt it will be until 2014 though. As a small company each additional product is a big investment and there are some other products I'd like to add also.

If you want to give the over the boot pants a try let me know though.

Thanks,
Ben

Westfest 2013
Old 12-08-2012, 03:41 PM   #42
garrett
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by COXR650L View Post
Hey Garrett,

It will happen, eventually. I really doubt it will be until 2014 though. As a small company each additional product is a big investment and there are some other products I'd like to add also.

If you want to give the over the boot pants a try let me know though.

Thanks,
Ben
Ok Ben

I wanted a "flowy" in the boot pant for hot summer riding and trials. Looks like the Colorado pant has more ventilation than my Klims so I'll look at it harder.

Thanks
Garrett
PS
Noticed my post above said "condering"...stupid autocorrect.... What IS condering?
Old 12-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #43
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrett View Post
Ok Ben

I wanted a "flowy" in the boot pant for hot summer riding and trials. Looks like the Colorado pant has more ventilation than my Klims so I'll look at it harder.

Thanks
Garrett
PS
Noticed my post above said "condering"...stupid autocorrect.... What IS condering?
I am not sure which would cool "better" in terms of air flow, but the nice thing about the Colorado Pant is you can completely control the amount of air, and thus cooling. It uses equally sized front and back vents, which is really important because you have to be able to exhaust the same amount of incoming air, otherwise they are not as efficient in cooling. Very few pants have rear vents and especially rear vents of any meaningful size.

The direction of the Colorado Pant vents is critical to cooling as well, they are positioned so they slant from the outside of the knee to the middle of your torso, most pants just place the vent on on the outside of the leg. What this does is force all the the air to go OVER your leg, as opposed to AROUND your leg, and ultimately across the core of your body (or apex, especially important to cool men if you catch my meaning).

If you decide to give them a try and have any problems with shipping to to the frozen north on the website let me know.

Thanks for the interest,
ben

Westfest 2013
Old 12-09-2012, 07:58 PM   #44
wizz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,046
pants look great, definately would be intersted in talls. i usually wear 33x34 and i dont want them short. you mentioned padding, any time frame on the tall sizes and padding? what armour would be recommended under an unarmourd pant for true 50/50?
thanks
wizz
wizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:17 AM   #45
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizz View Post
pants look great, definately would be intersted in talls. i usually wear 33x34 and i dont want them short. you mentioned padding, any time frame on the tall sizes and padding? what armour would be recommended under an unarmourd pant for true 50/50?
thanks
wizz
Hi,
I would guess by early spring I will have talls.

The best armor you can get though is a CE level with a hard plastic shell that is strapped directly to your leg. Check out some of Forcefield stuff on Revzilla. They have some nice armor that does just this.

Thanks,
Ben

Westfest 2013