Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > The Garage
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #1
RememberTheFallen OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 372
Need help with wiring in LEDs and Accessories...

Hello,

I am a complete idiot when it comes to things electrical. I have recently got some hand warmers that I need to install. I also want to install powerlet port to run some accessories off of. I have a HDB top clamp with a hole for a three way rocker, powerlet, and LED indicator lights. I would like to know where do I tie in the LEDs supplied with my top clamp into the hand warmer loop so they light up when on? I would like to run a single power wire from my battery to a fuseblock under my headlight shroud and run all power from it. All the wires, fuses, LEDs, and resistors really confuse me. Can someone please offer schematics and/or pictures of their set up? Searches have not really offered any help. I have a Husaberg 570 for reference sake. Thanks!
RememberTheFallen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
bomber60015
Anatomically Correct

Oddometer: 9,294
Fallen -- you are not an idiot (which is terminal), simply ignorant (which is easily curable . . . . .)

However, given the scope of your request, I would suggest you go to your regional threads, and post up for help there . . . .

electircal work is relatively easy to do, but it is also relatively easily FUBARed . . . . sometimes with tear-inducing effects . . . . .

Offer a couple of brews, and get a leg up from someone who knows . . . . .

and, then of course, offer to do the same when the time comes . . . .
"Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance. T.R.
bomber60015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #3
RememberTheFallen OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber60015 View Post
Fallen -- you are not an idiot (which is terminal), simply ignorant (which is easily curable . . . . .)

However, given the scope of your request, I would suggest you go to your regional threads, and post up for help there . . . .

electircal work is relatively easy to do, but it is also relatively easily FUBARed . . . . sometimes with tear-inducing effects . . . . .

Offer a couple of brews, and get a leg up from someone who knows . . . . .

and, then of course, offer to do the same when the time comes . . . .
I was kinda thinking the same thing about trying to find someone local. I will give that a try. Thanks!
RememberTheFallen is online now   Reply With Quote