Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 05:10 AM   #166
Ken F
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 367
Anyone know about vt.reg for crf250x.certificate of origin stamped off rd. Bought bike new and paid taxes to dealer.
Ken F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:28 AM   #167
Trl Rdr
Big Red Bird

Oddometer: 2,030
Try South Dakota!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Baja Mexico Trail Ride Report
Big Bend Ranch Drive and Ride Report
Trl Rdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:42 PM   #168
der_saeufer
?איפה בירה

Oddometer: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken F View Post
Anyone know about vt.reg for crf250x.certificate of origin stamped off rd. Bought bike new and paid taxes to dealer.
Sure, if you can prove it's street legal now. I honestly don't know if VT's DMV would want receipts for the dualsport kit or whether (more likely) they'd send you to an inspection station or the State Police.

If it's not street legal, no, they won't tag it. The VIN will come up as off-road in the database.
der_saeufer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:39 PM   #169
Fred_Garvin
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Update!

Finally had time to go to the Boulder MV office. Yes they realized that there was no title, got the book out, saw VT doesnt do titles on bikes older than 72. Then they asked if I had a reciept for the tax I paid for VT, I said maybe I paid $30 but would like to walk out with plates today. I ended up spending $118 and a new plate.

Remember to have your "Normal" VIN Verification, VT registration and proof of insurance, it goes like clockwork. Thanks again to the folks here giving me the faith to give this a try. I just cannot fathom spending money on bonding again in CO.
Fred_Garvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #170
andra018/5
n00b

Oddometer: 2
hi there to all, I am new on this board and i know maybe my question is been posted milion of times..
but i can't find a total answer.

What i realy need to send to vermont dmv for having a registration and a title for a 1971 vespa150 super and i have only bill of sale???
just the tax and title aplication with the bill of sale ??or i need to send also a vin number verification???

if i mail the paper work to vermont i will have registration plate and TITLE ???? or just registration and plate's??
I am a little confuse ..
Thank you all for the HELP ..
ANDREA
andra018/5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:30 PM   #171
der_saeufer
?איפה בירה

Oddometer: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by andra018/5 View Post
hi there to all, I am new on this board and i know maybe my question is been posted milion of times..
but i can't find a total answer.

What i realy need to send to vermont dmv for having a registration and a title for a 1971 vespa150 super and i have only bill of sale???
just the tax and title aplication with the bill of sale ??or i need to send also a vin number verification???

if i mail the paper work to vermont i will have registration plate and TITLE ???? or just registration and plate's??
I am a little confuse ..
Thank you all for the HELP ..
ANDREA
Read the whole thread; I threw together a guide here.

Also read the Vermont DMV's instructions.
der_saeufer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:00 AM   #172
ride4321
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,611
I did the VT registration about 3 months ago on an 84 Honda Elite. Just went to NY DMV yesterday to transfer the registration and everything went well. Should be getting a title in a month or so. This was very easy, cost me $84 in VT and another $80 in NY. Bought the scooter for $100 with no key or paperwork. I'd have never done that without this thread to guide me through the process.

Don't you know there ain't no devil, it's just God when he's drunk.
Tom Waits
ride4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:24 AM   #173
thestratomaster
n00b

I'm going to try this with my 81 xt250. My question is, what have you guys been doing about inspections? Can I ride in NYS without an inspection as long as it has VT tags?
thestratomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:00 AM   #174
Ken F
Gnarly Adventurer

Worked for me.problem was I missed number in vin .I got letter after I got plate saying I needed vin check.I had my local police do it and need to send back and should be good to go.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:04 AM   #175
Ken F
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestratomaster View Post
I'm going to try this with my 81 xt250. My question is, what have you guys been doing about inspections? Can I ride in NYS without an inspection as long as it has VT tags?
You could get your balls broken. Drivers license states should match.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:19 PM   #176
thestratomaster
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken F View Post
You could get your balls broken. Drivers license states should match.
It seemed like a lot of people in here have been riding with VT tags that's why I ask. Anyone have input on the inspection info?
thestratomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:04 PM   #177
1Bonehead
Fearless of Falling

Oddometer: 1,008
Quote:

Check with NYS . In MD you are supposed to register within a certain time frame.
1Bonehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:58 AM   #178
CS_0427
n00b

Oddometer: 9
For those that have done this, I see the application asks for a lot of personal info like social security # and date of birth. Does any of this appear on the registration they send you?

EDIT
I'd also like to know for those that had to pay more than the bill of sale price, how much was the difference in price (bill of sale vs book) and what book do they use- NADA, Kelley, ??? My bike was a project and the BOS price is between "fair" and "good" on NADA.

UPDATE
I got this info from another member via PM. The registration does not have the personal info (SSN/birthday) on it, and the price used is the lowest NADA price.

CS_0427 screwed with this post 01-21-2013 at 04:26 PM
CS_0427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:30 AM   #179
ride4321
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,611
Originally I only sent VT the tax for the $100 I bought the scooter for. They returned my application stating the minimum purchase price allowed for tax purposes was $300 so I had to send an extra $14 I think.

Don't you know there ain't no devil, it's just God when he's drunk.
Tom Waits
ride4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:18 PM   #180
Ken F
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
It seemed like a lot of people in here have been riding with VT tags that's why I ask. Anyone have input on the inspection info?
I got plates for a dual sport. Going to be on streets a minimum. Didn't have title only bill of sale and original sales receipt. I believe you are required to transfer regestrion to your sate within 30 days.you won't need inspection if keep vt.plates.under 300cc in vt doesn't require. Ct.doesn't have inspection anymore. Have to check with NY DMV if they do.