Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 08:28 AM   #4096
expatbrit
Still pretty much a n00b.

Oddometer: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreazz View Post
Yes, I forgot to mention that. The US-spec 1199 has the bulb type. But the euro-spec does have this LED type.

P/N for the LED rear 1199 Panigale turn signals are:

Left: 53010282A

Right: 53010292A

Price is around 45 USD each.

I noticed resently that the Ducati Performance fender eliminator for the new Hypermotard, uses this LED indicators
Those list as the front turn signals, not the rear.
expatbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:05 AM   #4097
Andreazz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatbrit View Post
Those list as the front turn signals, not the rear.
Yes, and it also say so on the box the lights came in. But it is the right P/N. No other Ducati use this turn signals, and absolutely not in the front The Panigale`s front turn signals is in the mirrors
Andreazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #4098
Andreazz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
I think there are some american Pikes Peak owners here on this forum? You guys have them numbered over there, but nr.1 Pikes Peak you can`t find on your continent I spotted nr.1 in the workshop to the factory dealership in Borgo Panigale, Italy

Andreazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #4099
NMEXPAT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 341
A 2010 MTS owner checking in here, with nearly 21k miles.

A few days ago the bike has developed an unusual problem with multiple symptons. First, the black key no longer worked - bike didn't recognize the presence. So I changed the battery in the key. Still no go. I've tried more than one new battery. Second, the steering lock is no longer working. When I try to use the lock, very quickly an error code flashes - something about a red key not releasing. Third, the handlebar switch for turning the bike on and off no longer works. The gas tank on / off button still works, but it is intermitant. Or in other words it doesn't work in the same manner as before Lastly, the red ring no longer flashes like normal when the bike is off. Usually the red ring flashes every 15 - 20 seconds. Now it stays off completely or flashes at a much much longer interval.

I'm thinking there is something wrong with the key receiver and or immobilizer. But what do I know? I'm just the rider. The inbuilt Battery voltage menu shows 12.6 volts.

All this is coming exactly 1 month out of the standard Ducati warranty. I bought the "Ever Red" warranty just for this type of situation.

I'll probably drop the bike off at the shop in the next few days depending on my schedule.

I'll keep you posted on the outcome, especially on how the claim goes with Ducati's extended warranty program. "Ever Red". This will be my first experience with an aftermarket warranty.

I don't think this hiccup will change my opinion of the bike. Still love it!
NMEXPAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #4100
spartanman
regret minimizer

Oddometer: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMEXPAT View Post

A few days ago the bike has developed an unusual problem with multiple symptons. First, the black key no longer worked - bike didn't recognize the presence. So I changed the battery in the key. Still no go. I've tried more than one new battery. Second, the steering lock is no longer working. When I try to use the lock, very quickly an error code flashes - something about a red key not releasing. Third, the handlebar switch for turning the bike on and off no longer works. The gas tank on / off button still works, but it is intermitant. Or in other words it doesn't work in the same manner as before Lastly, the red ring no longer flashes like normal when the bike is off. Usually the red ring flashes every 15 - 20 seconds. Now it stays off completely or flashes at a much much longer interval.

I'm thinking there is something wrong with the key receiver and or immobilizer. But what do I know? I'm just the rider. The inbuilt Battery voltage menu shows 12.6 volts.

All this is coming exactly 1 month out of the standard Ducati warranty. I bought the "Ever Red" warranty just for this type of situation.

I'll probably drop the bike off at the shop in the next few days depending on my schedule.

I'll keep you posted on the outcome, especially on how the claim goes with Ducati's extended warranty program. "Ever Red". This will be my first experience with an aftermarket warranty.

I don't think this hiccup will change my opinion of the bike. Still love it!
I'd be interested in the outcome of the shop visit. I'd much prefer a regular key, though I've had zero problems with the keyless setup on my '10 MTS.
spartanman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #4101
fixinbones
Tarmac Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion BR View Post
It is something similar to what my ophthalmologist mentioned once, I could get a lasik surgery, correcting one eye for distance, the other for near view.
Yeah, but did your ophthalmologist tell you that your distance vision and reading vision would be somewhat compromised with this arrangement? Definitely not as sharp as if you corrected both eyes for distance and used a pair of glasses just for reading!!!!
'13 Ducati Diavel AMG #163
'09 KTM 65XC (son's ride)

Gone: '10 Ducati Multistrada 1200S, '11 BMW R1200GS, '10 BMW S1000RR, '08 BMW HP2 Megamoto, '07 KTM 950SMR, '05 BMW R1200GS, '94 BMW R1100R
fixinbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #4102
DFH
270 deg crank

Oddometer: 344
Quote:

A few days ago the bike has developed an unusual problem with multiple symptons.....
.....I don't think this hiccup will change my opinion of the bike. Still love it!
Penny to a pound the bikes battery is cactus.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:43 AM   #4103
M0t0Rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFH View Post
So you are saying the battery has gone bad.....good observation
M0t0Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #4104
NMEXPAT
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFH View Post
Appreciate the guess. The onboard voltage gauge states above 12 V when the bike is off and around 13 V when it ideling.

Starts just the same as well.

We shall see...
Old 12-13-2012, 07:23 PM   #4105
opmike
Choosing to be here.

Oddometer: 334
Quote:
Appreciate the guess. The onboard voltage gauge states above 12 V when the bike is off and around 13 V when it ideling.

Starts just the same as well.

We shall see...
I don't think it's the battery, but there's a simple test.

What you can do is a basic load test. Start the bike, and make note of what the voltage drops to when the starter is cranking the engine (you may need to use a multimeter for this). If it dips below 10.2 volts or so, then your battery may have an issue. But, if stays above, and then quickly shoots back up when the engine is running, then I think the battery is fine.

But again, your symptoms sound nothing like low battery symptoms, but rather some kind of electrical gremlin elsewhere.
"you want to fix the Pledge of Allegiance, put a disclaimer at the end: with liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states."
opmike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:30 AM   #4106
Josephvman
I'm the Decider

Oddometer: 3,445
Does anyone know the status of the Ducati extended warranty programs today? I know the EverRed program has been dropped, but I was wondering if there was something in the works to replace it. My '11 goes out of warranty in a couple of weeks and since there's still nothing out there that I'd replace this bike with I'd like to get some sort of coverage, through Ducati if possible.
'93 Ducati 900SS "Slightly older whore"
"Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"
Josephvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:03 PM   #4107
spartanman
regret minimizer

Oddometer: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephvman View Post
Does anyone know the status of the Ducati extended warranty programs today? I know the EverRed program has been dropped, but I was wondering if there was something in the works to replace it. My '11 goes out of warranty in a couple of weeks and since there's still nothing out there that I'd replace this bike with I'd like to get some sort of coverage, through Ducati if possible.
Ducati dealers can write extended service contracts with these guys:

http://aftercareservicecontracts.com/
spartanman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:53 PM   #4108
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by ten.98 View Post
Not sure if this is just a US thing or what, but it seems that, contrary to Ducati's marketing, most 1199's in the US came with bulb type rear turn indicators. Anyone else noticing this as well?
In the thread for the new BMW's there was a discussion that the DOT wouldn't approve the LED turn signals in the USA so the bikes are being delivered with conventional lights but the parts counters will have replacement LED signals.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #4109
ten.98
...leave a trail

Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post
In the thread for the new BMW's there was a discussion that the DOT wouldn't approve the LED turn signals in the USA so the bikes are being delivered with conventional lights but the parts counters will have replacement LED signals.
[rabble rabble rabble] So the theory being that for some reason front LED turn signals are fine, but rear LED is just a bridge too far? I don't buy it. They're everywhere in cars. Why brake lights, but not turn indicators? You aren't even required to have indicators in most states! [/rabble]
ten.98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:40 AM   #4110
NMEXPAT
Gnarly Adventurer

Heard a cool rumor, as least it's cool for those of us with standard / base MTS. Ohlins will now make available manually adjustable shocks for the MTS. I also heard that Ohlins will also possibly make available an electronic shock and fork kit for the MTS which includes an ECU.

All this is due to fallout / chaning of S / Touring suspension from Ohlins to Skyhook. At least there's a benefit for us early adopters.

Pesonally I'm interested in the manually adjustable shock and even better a manually adjustable fron fork set. I'd be in heaven with both.

Come on Ohlins! There's only a few of us, but we're here and some of us are willing.