User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #376
pfdskipper
Westside Trash

Oddometer: 884
Epic!!!

Nice narratives, sounds like you guys got a good baja beatdown. Very cool that the team was able to get through it all and accomplish the task at hand!!
pfdskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #377
Mr Fast
Slowly striving

Oddometer: 315
More to come.

Sue & I just got back from Playa Hermosa. Worked hard on the place & it is getting better & better. Rough duty the last couple of days. Drug a couch out onto the beach with our firepit. Drinking Margarita's ( John Sr.s) & smoking Cuban cigars while watching the fire & incredible sky. What the Hell. Somebody's got to do it!
Old 12-09-2012, 11:30 AM   #378
Wannabeeuro
Tuner chic

Oddometer: 1,858
Congratulations you guys!

We met you a few times in Ensenada, most memorably probably the night the guy dropped his 40 of Tecate and smashed it all over the floor of the Burrito stand while trying to get make a "Man" out of his son. (we were the other guys you were talking to just before)

way to go!

Find Me with SPOT http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...kUQSskMiIucMuB
Wannabeeuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:37 AM   #379
Stinez
Rhymes with Heinz :D

Oddometer: 45,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFast View Post
this picture pretty much sums it up.
That's a great story!

Good for you and the team.

The GOP puts the "Con" in Conservative.
Stinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #380
Cornbread82 OP
Sir Crash A Lot!

Oddometer: 374
After reading Allan's report I thought I would let everyone see what that bike did to me. I would also like to add and you know this is true Allan, I told you to get an inline fuel filter on the bike After almost killing myself in the silt, Scott and I got back and Chris had an extra filter we put on the bike and never had another problem out of it.

Allan could have saved his bike from some good dirt naps for $3.00 But if he did that we might not have a good laugh seeing me hit the dirt to the Immigrant Song
Cornbread82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #381
M.A.G.
I heart Penalties

Oddometer: 1,010
Hooah, Gents. Well done!
M.A.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:57 PM   #382
HalfFast
Double Secret Pit Ninja

Oddometer: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornbread82 View Post
After reading Allan's report I thought I would let everyone see what that bike did to me. I would also like to add and you know this is true Allan, I told you to get an inline fuel filter on the bike After almost killing myself in the silt, Scott and I got back and Chris had an extra filter we put on the bike and never had another problem out of it.

Allan could have saved his bike from some good dirt naps for $3.00 But if he did that we might not have a good laugh seeing me hit the dirt to the Immigrant Song
[/URL]
Actually the main jet was plugged and after cleaning that AND adding the filter it ran perfect! Lol I will always run one from now on!

That video just slays me! I love when Scott comes over and points out where your helmet is! And the giant sucking sound you make when the silt balloons out reminds me of Arnold running out of air on Mars in Total Recall.....
Allan@raceforthewounded.com
We raised $40,000 for the Wounded Warrior Project
HalfFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:09 AM   #383
Cornbread82 OP
Sir Crash A Lot!

Oddometer: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFast View Post
Actually the main jet was plugged and after cleaning that AND adding the filter it ran perfect! Lol I will always run one from now on!

That video just slays me! I love when Scott comes over and points out where your helmet is! And the giant sucking sound you make when the silt balloons out reminds me of Arnold running out of air on Mars in Total Recall.....
The sucking sound was the wind knocked out of me!!! The only good thing was that it taught me NEVER EVER breath when you hit the silt!!!! I had a git off just like this one during the race about RM 30 or so in deep silt on a corner and just held my breath as long as I could and blew out as hard as I could to get everything out of the helmet

At the first rider change Sue took my helmet and Goggles to clean them, as we were driving to the next rider change Sue makes the comment "Boy it looks like you really eat some shit didn't you" All I could say is yes I did
Cornbread82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #384
wittyusername
Baja Basketball

Oddometer: 120
Brett's Dirt Naps

Hey Everybody - Sorry it's taken me so long to post up a ride report. I've been preoccupied with a family emergency. As an apology for my tardiness...I put together a funny video of Brett's dirt naps.

This day it was just me and Brett pre-running. Brett was riding Allan's bike and Allan's bike was malfunctioning. Allan won't admit that his bike was malfunctioning because he didn't put in an inline-fuel filter. He swears it was because his air filter. Either way...it made Brett crash more than usual.

Unless Brett was increasing throttle, it'd sputter...then load the front end. And even I know that it's not good to load the front end when you're riding in silt.

Brett and I were both were wearing chest mounted GoPro's. I chopped the film back and fourth between my camera and Brett's camera. I thought it was kinda cool to have the same two crashes from each of our perspectives.

Scott's Cam - Bike with 1 light
Bress's Cam - Bike with 2 lights (Allan's Bike)

Enjoy...and of course...I apologize for the language.

wittyusername screwed with this post 12-16-2012 at 02:22 PM Reason: added video
wittyusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:36 PM   #385
wittyusername
Baja Basketball

Oddometer: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by wittyusername View Post
Hey Everybody - Sorry it's taken me so long to post up a ride report. I've been preoccupied with a family emergency. As an apology for my tardiness...I put together a funny video of Brett's dirt naps.

This day it was just me and Brett pre-running. Brett was riding Allan's bike and Allan's bike was malfunctioning. Allan won't admit that his bike was malfunctioning because he didn't put in an inline-fuel filter. He swears it was because his air filter. Either way...it made Brett crash more than usual.

Unless Brett was increasing throttle, it'd sputter...then load the front end. And even I know that it's not good to load the front end when you're riding in silt.

Brett and I were both were wearing chest mounted GoPro's. I chopped the film back and fourth between my camera and Brett's camera. I thought it was kinda cool to have the same two crashes from each of our perspectives.

Scott's Cam - Bike with 1 light
Bress's Cam - Bike with 2 lights (Allan's Bike)

Enjoy...and of course...I apologize for the language.

I just read some of the other posts and realized that Brett already added this video. Sorry for the re-post. But this video is a little different...since it has both of our footage of the same crashes.

Still...enjoy..because I have.
wittyusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:35 PM   #386
amazing ricardo
Piste Off

Oddometer: 3,543
....very, very nicely done guys!!!!....

amazing ricardo is offline   Reply With Quote