Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 10:43 AM   #106
R12Battletub
nooblet

Oddometer: 306
No, but you usually have to register the claim against the property within 45 days. Having a lien on the property won't actually do much unless the owner wants to sell; then the lien has to be resolved. Some people just don't like to have a lien on their house so they may try to come to some sort of agreement to get rid of it. That's generally how it goes here in Ottawa fucking Ontario but you might want to talk to someone who deals with this stuff professionally. $2000 ain't peanuts; imagine how much Labatts you could get for that
R12Battletub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:31 PM   #107
Durden
Freak!

Oddometer: 477
Its sad to hear this story. I've had a few shops screw up my bike (not Anderwerks) on trivial work, but all immediately resolved the issue and offered fair comp. Customers have to be reasonable too, and based on your story you were being reasonable.

Glad Anderwerks made the right decision in the end. The funny things is I've been trying for 8 months to get work done there, but no one has ever called me back! I usually call for 3 days straight, then after no reply go somewhere else for the servicing.

I get the impression they are great mechanics, they are honest and do care, but really struggle at running a business. That's not unique for small shops. I've been over there for events, and they do take pride in their work.
Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #108
Jeathrow Bowdean
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 279
I'm glad that this all worked out for you jdcross. I was hoping that some thing good come out of this, and it did.

I think that this is something that many of us can take to the bank when it comes to dealing on what ever project we need.

Jeathrow Bowdean screwed with this post 01-31-2013 at 10:25 PM
Jeathrow Bowdean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:15 PM   #109
alberta bob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 223
very happy to hear this Dave has been working on my air head for the last 16 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcross View Post
Forum Members

I am very pleased to advise the forum members following this thread that today Dave Anderson sent me an Interac payment of the full refund of $574.80 and it is in my bank account as we speak.

Dave called me last week and we had a good discussion.
He stated he would stand behind his work and apologized for the length of time it took to get this matter resolved.
Dave came through at the end of the day and I thank him for that.
The matter is now closed as far as I'm concerned.

I would like to thank the forum members who made thoughtful comments on this thread and supported me in my efforts.

Thank you

Jim

Its all good expensive but good

Sabre
"The point is, you can survive. I did, and I'm no superhero. I'm just a man, full of faults and poison and sadness and hatred, full of joy and fears and pain and happiness, full of love for my fellow man and my kids and unfortunately not enough for myself, but I'm learning."
alberta bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #110
gsstampeder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,045
"very happy to hear this Dave has been working on my air head for the last 16 years"

Jeeze...and I thought his three day oil changes were long.....16 yrs working on your bike?

What's he doing?????

Old 12-13-2012, 12:30 AM   #111
Mercenary
Mindless Savage

Oddometer: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcross View Post
Forum Members

I am very pleased to advise the forum members following this thread that today Dave Anderson sent me an Interac payment of the full refund of $574.80 and it is in my bank account as we speak.

Dave called me last week and we had a good discussion.
He stated he would stand behind his work and apologized for the length of time it took to get this matter resolved.
Dave came through at the end of the day and I thank him for that.
The matter is now closed as far as I'm concerned.

I would like to thank the forum members who made thoughtful comments on this thread and supported me in my efforts.

Thank you

Jim
About friggin time. Way too long overdue but at least it's all taken care of now....