Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 33 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #286
JamesG
Rabid Poster

Oddometer: 10,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
Holy crap prices are stupid. The exact same daniel defense I bought three months ago for $1180 can't be found for less than $1400, and that's if it's in stock at all! I wanted to build a matching rifle to mine for my son for christmas, but at these prices, I'd rather sell mine and buy us something else in a matching pair.
People getting ready for "The End of the Whirled" either Mayan or Washington derived.

I expect prices to crash in January.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #287
Signal
Cynical Idealist

Oddometer: 8,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG View Post

I expect prices to crash in January.

Perhaps Jan of 2014...
I have been lurking, looking at some AR stuff. Rock River in particular is 120+ days out

I suspect its gonna be a while. The specter of an "assault ban" returning has risen.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #288
CodyY OP
ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer: 9,479
Sucks. Im trying to build a 3-gun rifle too. Cant find shit for barrels

some electrons were mildly inconvenienced in the sending of this message
Old 12-11-2012, 05:19 AM   #289
00SS
Always a vicious cycle

Oddometer: 1,646
Likewise - i've been trying to pull the trigger on a new AR (DPMS) and two things keep happening. 1, the ads on texasguntrader are gone in minutes after posting, or 2, the websites are either 'out of stock / backordered. may have to just save a few more pennies and get a Black Rain, they seem to have them in stock at CTD and Cabelas.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:32 AM   #290
JamesG
Rabid Poster

Oddometer: 10,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal View Post
I suspect its gonna be a while. The specter of an "assault ban" returning has risen.
Only in NRA get out the vote and fund raising literature. Obama hasn't said jack about anything firearms related.

We'll see. But keep in mind that demand can fall off pretty quickly.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #291
Anglewood
Has a fake Mustache

Oddometer: 1,178
I've noticed the lack of supply as well. I will be receiving a new stripped lower shortly, and the LPK I was looking at is indefinitely out of stock, same with a few of the uppers I was looking at. Bad timing I guess, but I am not in any real hurry to finish this build either.

-Connor
Anglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #292
thouk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 186
For CodyY and Rugged

I have answers to your questions.
When I decided to build the Ar I really liked the looks of the A2. I wanted something that looked more like a shooter for paper rather than something that might be taken to kill someone. That is why I have the smooth free float handgaurd. That particular A2 upper has M4 feed ramps. Why I decided I needed them I don't know, but I have them.
The reason for the piston is to make cleaning it up easier. Plus I think it would be cool bling.
As far as the flooring, I bought this trailer and am trying to restore it while I am going to school. I am working my way from the master bedroom to the other bedroom at the other end of the house.
I was able to take it to the range yesterday and it was fun to shoot. May go out today if I get the water heater fixed. Have fun, Tony

May God look upon you as you ride with Jesus with the Holy Spirit in your heart.
thouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:13 PM   #293
CodyY OP
ADVenture Capitalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thouk View Post
I have answers to your questions.
When I decided to build the Ar I really liked the looks of the A2. I wanted something that looked more like a shooter for paper rather than something that might be taken to kill someone. That is why I have the smooth free float handgaurd. That particular A2 upper has M4 feed ramps. Why I decided I needed them I don't know, but I have them.
The reason for the piston is to make cleaning it up easier. Plus I think it would be cool bling.
As far as the flooring, I bought this trailer and am trying to restore it while I am going to school. I am working my way from the master bedroom to the other bedroom at the other end of the house.
I was able to take it to the range yesterday and it was fun to shoot. May go out today if I get the water heater fixed. Have fun, Tony
"cuz I wanted it "

Works for me.

Old 12-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #294
jerdog53
Crop Dusting Everywhere

Oddometer: 3,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyY View Post
I love that!!

"Shorter of breath and one day closer to death"
jerdog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:09 PM   #295
CodyY OP
ADVenture Capitalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerdog53 View Post
I love that!!

No animals were harmed in the sending of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:59 PM   #296
00SS
Always a vicious cycle

Oddometer: 1,646
new addition to the family - DPMS bone stock and still has factory oil on it.

I put my mid grade tactical (NC Star 3x9) on it for now, will be going with a EOTech with 3x soon. I also just ordered a bunch of goodies that will be in next week. let the modding begin.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #297
Colorado CJ
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 849
300 BLK Pistol Build

I've built many AR's in the past but all of them have been with 556 uppers. After much reading and watching of videos, I knew my next build would have to be a 300 Blackout!

Here she is. 8.2" Noveske barrel and with a Wilson Combat Accu-Tac flash hider.

Can't wait to go out and shoot it! Need to load up some rounds first though.

I like the way this one has turned out.

300-BLK-Pistol-1 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

300-BLK-Pistol-2 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

'09 DL650
'06 DR650
Colorado CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:46 AM   #298
Wheedle
I love inflatable fun!

Oddometer: 3,771
I just picked up a DPMS Recon .308 a couple weeks ago, no pics yet. Took it to a local 50yd indoor range and ran 50 rds through it. People kept poking their heads in to see what I was shooting as it apparently is a good bit louder than they were expecting an AR to be. So far I like it pretty well... everything fits tight, shoots well enough on cheap bulk ammo, and the trigger isnt too bad. The trigger is smooth, but a bit heavy and way too much travel. I think a new trigger group is on the list below optics.

Life is short, Enjoy the ride!
- Todd Phillips
Ride in peace brother.....
Wheedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #299
Squelch
Everyday People

Oddometer: 1,103
So after the speech tonight I think it may be time to pull the trigger and buy an AR. My LGS has a S&W M&P 15 for $925, a Windham M4FT for $895, and the Walmart has a Sig Sauer M400 for $900-something. Which would be worth the cost? I've been reading reviews and they all seem to be decent rifles. If anything I'd rather support the guy at the local store, because he answered a bunch of my questions about reloading the other day, and I appreciate his time. That being said, I'm not willing to pay more than $50 or so bucks for his time, so if he's jacked the price of the Smith or the Windham by more than $50 it's not worth it.

One other thing - if I get the Smith, I can get a $100 rebate from S&W, so it's actually $825 after the mail-in rebate.

I actually wanted to get a Garand, (it's supposed to be my Christmas present from my wife) but the store doesn't have any good WWII-era rifles, and I really only want it for the history, not for the shooting so much.

Squelch screwed with this post 12-16-2012 at 08:38 PM
Squelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:06 PM   #300
rawdog
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squelch View Post
So after the speech tonight I think it may be time to pull the trigger and buy an AR. My LGS has a S&W M&P 15 for $925, a Windham M4FT for $895, and the Walmart has a Sig Sauer M400 for $900-something. Which would be worth the cost? I've been reading reviews and they all seem to be decent rifles. If anything I'd rather support the guy at the local store, because he answered a bunch of my questions about reloading the other day, and I appreciate his time. That being said, I'm not willing to pay more than $50 or so bucks for his time, so if he's jacked the price of the Smith or the Windham by more than $50 it's not worth it.

One other thing - if I get the Smith, I can get a $100 rebate from S&W, so it's actually $825 after the mail-in rebate.

I actually wanted to get a Garand, (it's supposed to be my Christmas present from my wife) but the store doesn't have any good WWII-era rifles, and I really only want it for the history, not for the shooting so much.
Local gun shop. Good gun, good price, supporting the local guy. Done.

Edit: the S&W.
rawdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: