Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2012, 06:53 AM   #11
gpskevin OP
gpsKevin

Oddometer: 111
Day 17, The Ride and the Street Nap

From Mug Shots

Story by gpsKevin
The Ferry arrived in Prince Rupert at 3:00am; we were all forced to get up at 2:00am in order to get the bikes off the ferry. As last night was the last night on the ferry we had all stayed up too late partying. But so after only a couple of hours sleep we found ourselves back in line to enter Canada. We are down to 6 riders as we watch Jeffrey and the Kawasaki drive away with new buddy Larry.
From Arctic Wolf Day17

From Arctic Wolf Day17

From Arctic Wolf Day17

So in the dark, in the rain, a bit hung over at 3:00am we start our ride. The plan is to ride to Terrace and find a place for breakfast. At 6:00am we arrive at Denny’s, today right now Denny’s sounds good to us.
From Arctic Wolf Day16

So it’s a full big breakfast for everyone, I had pancakes and lots of Diet Coke, everyone else went for egg, bacon and coffee (except Tracy). Now with caffeine we are all back on the road, today we will need to log 460miles
From Arctic Wolf Day16

After about ½ hour I am feeling tired so I decide to pull over and check in with everyone. As soon as I stop, Missy gets off her bike and lays down on the pavement and fall asleep. Wow I have never seen such a thing.
From Arctic Wolf Day17

From Arctic Wolf Day17

From Arctic Wolf Day17

From Arctic Wolf Day17

Turns out we are all just beat, so we pull out the chairs and proceed to have a nap at now 8:00am in the morning. (except Steve, he never sleeps)
From Arctic Wolf Day16

From Arctic Wolf Day16

From Arctic Wolf Day16

From Arctic Wolf Day17

Ok, so after an hour group nap we are on the road again. They sure do get a lot of rain up here.
From Arctic Wolf Day17

The destination for the evening was Punchaw Lake, a remote forest camp about 50 south of Prince George. Ok so do you remember day 2, we stayed with GISDood (Kelly) at his tent Space in Prince George, So we had texted Kelly and told him where we would be camping. Kelly packed up his bike and rode out and met us at our camp. Wow great guy and it was good to see him again.
From Arctic Wolf Day17

I love this Tent Site stuff when you meet good people. So we all had dinner and camped together around a beautiful lake.
From Arctic Wolf Day17

From Arctic Wolf Day17

From Arctic Wolf Day17

Long Day turned out great
From Arctic Wolf Day17