Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2012, 08:37 AM   #5
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
Hell, if they'd just not tried to AVOID selling Buells things would have been much better. I remember going to the Atlanta IMS show in early 2006, I was looking at a Uly with my wife when a salesman from the local HD/Buell dealer comes up and says "They're OK, but you should look at this HD Barcolounger; it's a much better bike."
+1

I had the same experience when I went shopping for a bike to replace my BMW F650GS Dakar. Walked into the local HD/Buell shop (Livermore, CA) and there sat a Ulysses, off in the corner. What a GREAT looking bike! There were no less than 4 sales people standing around the showroom with no one else in there, and not one bothered to come over and even talk with me. They treated the bike like it was diseased, staying as far away from it as possible. I finally walked over and asked one of them what they could tell me about it, and their reply was "I don't know anything about it, I sell Harleys". I turned and walked out. A few weeks later I bought a new BMW R1200 GS......

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote