ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 04:39 PM   #19171
toddzacker
NO FILTER

Oddometer: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloochdog View Post
I thought that was a bead breaker at first glance... BTW the sign above the door would never work at the compound. Hint do not pitch your tent under the balcony.
Funny thing is...that was a present from an ex-wife...now you know why she Is an EX!!!

All my friends who have hung out with me...pardon the pun...laugh at that when they see it. You will soon find out!!!
toddzacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:51 PM   #19172
toddzacker
NO FILTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiacobbe View Post
Sorry, I meant the rear facing marker light.
Oooh!!! Well right before we hit the high way I strapped Rudolph to the bike with his balls between the handle bar & brake level, so every time I squeezed the brake his nose would light up.

Good thing I had my ear plugs in, cause he also would let out a horrible scream.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #19173
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

Oddometer: 2,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddzacker View Post
I have brakes on that bike?
That's what you do when you close the throttle. We don't need stinkin brakes.

Wee Strommin along.
biker128pedal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #19174
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 789
Just talked to the owner of the bike on the phone. He's 45, and had a job 50 miles away and was commuting back and forth. He lost the job, and now works nights at fed ex. Bought the bike in the summer this year brand new. I'll still have probably 6 months or so of warranty carry over as well. Everything seems completely legit, and he said whenever I want to come pick up the bike he's happy to sell it to me. He said he hates dealing with all the craigslist tire kickers, and he's just happy to find someone normal to deal with. Super nice guy. Bike has never seen dirt.
burtonrider3889 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #19175
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,666
Seems like a good deal...have you inquired about maintenance intervals ?
Brand of oil used....did he change it himself or have a dealer do it....simple questions but listen to the reply...

just my 2 cents worth....
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:10 PM   #19176
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michhub View Post
Seems like a good deal...have you inquired about maintenance intervals ?
Brand of oil used....did he change it himself or have a dealer do it....simple questions but listen to the reply...

just my 2 cents worth....
Yea he said he did 150 mile change, then 500 mile change, then he's changed it every 3000 miles after that. Yama lube oil and oem filter every other change.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #19177
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 1,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddzacker View Post
Update on Operation Christmas Tree...So 176 miles in 2 hrs 15 mins stopped in Churchville at T-Bones Tooter for coffee & a club sammy......
Something tells me that his brake light was not needed much. Don't think many people were coming up on them from the rear, with this time and distance average. Methinks they might have had to fill up in Churchville, even with 6 gallon tanks, at that rate.

I'm surprised that tree had any needles left on it when they got home........ Still, it was a ride of manly men, and should be honored as such.

jeff

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom
Jeff Munn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:54 AM   #19178
SplitLanesLikeMOSES

Oddometer: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn View Post
Something tells me that his brake light was not needed much. Don't think many people were coming up on them from the rear, with this time and distance average. Methinks they might have had to fill up in Churchville, even with 6 gallon tanks, at that rate.

I'm surprised that tree had any needles left on it when they got home........ Still, it was a ride of manly men, and should be honored as such.

jeff

Filled up at the Exxon before Churchville on 250 on the way there, and around Coloinal Downs on the way back. You know that I know that you know your stuff. It was a lovely pace.

I was the brake lights by following him home, except for the few times vechicles were screaming up on our 6 to get a picture. I would move.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:37 AM   #19179
toddzacker
NO FILTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn View Post

jeff
Jeff-

I have to correct the mileage not the time on that report. I looked at my odometer when I got off in Churchville. It read 176 miles but I forgot to take the 22 miles from my place to Ryan's off. So it was actually was 154 in 2 hrs 15 mins & yes gas mileage was not a concern that day.

Good call on the fuel stop tho, we fueled up at exit 220 on 64 then again when we hit Churchville. 5.2 gallons in my needed to fill the GS up for me. Never ran it that low in the 8200 miles, yes that is all the miles I have ran on my GS.I think Ryan is up to 102k, I have a couple more years to get there.

Sorry for the discrepancy everyone. Need to keep me in check on these ride reports, I'm a nOOb ya know eh!!! You hosers!!!
Old 12-18-2012, 05:32 AM   #19180
toddzacker
NO FILTER

Ooooh Shit!!! Look what I'm putting on the bike tonight!!! I woke up this morning with these at the foot of the bed. I am so happy it's Farkel season!!!

Thanks to Nicole for listening & paying attention to the 10 thousand things I rattle off each week that I want to add to the bike.

Man it's a said day that I have reach the age that foot pegs have gotten so exciting. Oh well...look what I'm putting on the GS tonight!!!
Old 12-18-2012, 06:03 AM   #19181
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Ohhh those are sweeeeet. I'm going to need to start a farkel list once I pick the WR up!
Old 12-18-2012, 08:13 AM   #19182
skychs
chuck smith

Oddometer: 901
Pegs

Todd,
Once you get used to those you will love them. They also make a rubber insert for that model so you won't tear up the bottom of your boot when your just cruising around. When you get to the dirt they simply pop out and off you go. I wish they made a pad for the model I have.
skychs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:49 AM   #19183
toddzacker
NO FILTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by skychs View Post
Todd,
Once you get used to those you will love them. They also make a rubber insert for that model so you won't tear up the bottom of your boot when your just cruising around. When you get to the dirt they simply pop out and off you go. I wish they made a pad for the model I have.
Chuck,

I have put about 60 miles on them today...& already love them...big different from the little pegs I had. They are very comfortable...
Old 12-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #19184
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass

Oddometer: 5,720
rolling through Richmond later. Hankering a good curry.. Any suggestions?
Old 12-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #19185
toddzacker
NO FILTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloochdog View Post
rolling through Richmond later. Hankering a good curry.. Any suggestions?
Hit that Thai place on Meadow Bridge down past the hospital off 295...quickly becoming a favorite...3 kinds of curry, red, yellow, & green. I like some of the green personally...